• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
On second thought I'm devoting Aquilo.

Even if she senses how powerful Jeanne is she's smart enough to at least give Mind Manipulation a try on a physically superior opponent.

So the votes are now 5-0 again

Really? 'Cause if we're running Verse Equalization, y'all are being a little biased.

Jalter is THE Dragon Witch, which means she has a natural affinity for--and advantage over--anything that fits the description of 'Dragon'.

Siegfried and Saint George are stronger against Dragons for the same reason: compatibility advantage.

Ref. Inheritance of Glory: Sieg as Fafnir took Vasavi Shakti (at least 5-A) and Balmung (High 7-A) one after the other.

When he took VS (Anti-Divine NP) with his wing, he got a few scales knocked off and a burn on one wing.

When he took Balmung (Anti-City NP with Anti-Dragon properties) on his back, he got injured enough to force him to land.

Does that mean VS isn't as powerful as Balmung? Because that was the case with Sieg here.

From what I see, Aquilo is a Dragon in most senses of the word.

And does Aquilo's mindhax have a casting time? If so, Jalter can strengthen her own resistance to it with Self-Modification.

Expect the mindhax can affect thousand of people so i doubt Jalter can resist it.

But i see your point about the casting, so wait for Pega.

How DOES this mindhax work anyway?

If I'm not mistaken, it's the kind where it can be applied to any amount of people up to a certain limit, but the extent to which it can affect each mind is set in stone.

All of Jalter's stats, including her resistances, work better against Dragon enemies. You know, that's kind of the point of being Dragon Witch.

And she can fight it, or at least take the brunt of the damage, with her own Dragon-controlling abilities.

If even that isn't enough, she can strengthen herself with Self Modification.

Or is the mindhax the kind where there's a set amount of power in it, and against two people, the effect would be halved compared to if there was only one target?

She thinks and you're mindhaxed

That's incorrect, any amount of people is the amount that character has shown, Aquino is in the thousands while Jeanne is only hundreds.

Augh...in any case why are we even discussing this bloody fight on New Year's Eve?

We should be writing fanfiction about Jalter and Aquilo falling in love or something. Or maybe sharing a cup o' happiness for auld lang syne.

Okay, joke's over. Happy New Year to whoever sees this.

Jalter is human and Aquilo is a Dragon, which means their respective mindhax would work on each other, and Jalter's haxx gets a boost because her target is a Dragon. There must be some cancelling out going on here.

Also, what I mean is this. Does Aquilo's mindhax work in:

A) She can only do 1000 mental damage to each mind she haxxes, but she can haxx up to, say, 5000 people at once

OR

B) She can do 5000000 mental damage in total, and the damage is spread evenly among every target she haxxes?

Because we're not celebrating New Years yet?

Aquilo's resistance is in the thousands Jeanne's mindhax is useless.

Well, okay.

First, you didn't answer my question.

Secondly, I didn't say it would work. I said it would have the effect of blunting whatever Aquilo's mindhax would've done to Jalter, the same way blocking a metal bat with a big stick would still soften the blow even if the stick can't hurt your enemy.

The question doesn't require answering if the premise behind it is irrelevant.

Since Jeanne's mindhax won't work, the question doesn't need to be answered

Pretty sure what I'm asking is about more than Jalter's mindhax and whether it'll work or not. I'm asking about Aquilo's mindhax.

Also you dodged my point. Again. You just said 'it's irrelevant' and stopped at that.

I think the main thing is what will count more:

Aquilo's (supposed) super mindhax, or the modifier Jeanne will get from being Dragon Witch and Self-Modification.

Back