• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason Voorhees Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, this is a COMPOSITE Jason profile, we take any and all Jason feats from any media or series he appears in. Also, Sean Cunningham, the creator of the Friday the 13th series, had a significant role in the development of the game.

@Ant

It just explains that the moving fast part is just a way for the player to actually see where they are going, and to choose a spot to TP to.

Well, unless the transportation is explicitly referred to as teleportation, we cannot use it. Sorry.

> wait are Jason comics canon?

Pretty sure they are. Secondary canon at least.

Also, Jason survived an explosion that completely obliterated a two storey house, the explosion started in the basement and he was right there, is that enough to make his durability at least building level?

I think that feat is an outlier if anything. A mortar shell in IX killed Jason, a grenade in the comics destroyed like a fourth of his body, and whatever weapon the Android used in X gibbed him. Uber-Jason likely has building durability since he's survived two massive space explosions and came out 100% fine, but I don't think Zombie Jason has it.

One of these moments happened in the comics while the other is from Jason X, and the cyborg used a futuristic weapon.

This is a composite Jason after all, Jason and Friday the 13th as a whole has a lot of inaccuracies, the writors made Jason too powerful which is why most of the time they couldn't come up with good ways to make a happy ending, it also explains why Jason tends to be hurt and beaten by things that wouldn't even faze or trouble him.

Three anti-feats outweigh one feat though. Your comic comparison also doesn't work since composite Jason would also get anti-feats from the EU he draws on. While I do agree that a futuristic weapon probably pack more force than a modern one, a mortar from the late 90s/early 2000s and a common hand grenade are certainly weaker than a house explosion. I mean, since Jason is fast and can possibly teleport; isn't it just as likely that he just got out of the house before it exploded rather than tank something later incarnations couldn't?

True, but then it's just an outlier then imo. Jason doesn't get a similar feat until he gets upgraded. Well, I guess if you scale that tank toss the telekinetic girl did in Nightmare Warriors he has a similar feat, since he resisted her crushing his head.

Mfw Jason has deadass teamed up with Freddy Krueger to fight Ash and a bunch of horror movie survivors

Mfw Freddy absorbs the Necronomicon to bring his dream powers to the real world and basically becomes a god

Mfw Freddy still loses

I am uncertain regarding whether or not we should scale from the building explosion. We generally tend to scale from the higher feats, despite inconsistencies, unless they are complete outliers.

I don't mind using the higher feat, it's just that since Zombie Jason is a composite he has two anti-feats/lower end feats to the one building explosion. But if you include resisting the telekinetic, I can accept the building feat since its a 2:2 ratio.

Could we implement Rage Empowerment, Enhanced Senses, Stealth Mastery as abilities for Jason then?

Also, could we add higher with Shift for Composite Jason's speed?

Should we add a note of sorts for Composite Jason to let them know he is getting ALL of his abilities from EVERY media he has appeared in?

Based on how this thread is going, I may have to rename it to Jason Voorhees Revision, but I just wanted to show a few more things:

here are a few of Jason's abilities from the Mortal Kombat X game:

• Pursuit: Jason cracks his neck, causing the screen to glow red. During this time, the opponent's run and dash abilities are disabled, and their controls are reversed. The effect disappears instantly if Jason is hit. (MKX - Relentless variation)
    • The enchanced version is called Dark Pursuit and is activated faster.
  • Damned: Jason's damage output increases based on how close he is to death. (MKX - Relentless variation)
  • Punishment: Jason gains a temporary damage buff, which also causes the chain around his neck to glow green during the buff. (MKX - Unstoppable variation)
    • The enhanced version is called Rampant and is activated slightly faster.
  • Rise: Jason gains a temporary health boost. (MKX - Unstoppable variation)
    • The enhanced version Corpse Walk recharges health faster.
  • Resurrection: When Jason's life bar completely drains, lightning strikes him and he returns from the dead, regaining a portion of health based on how full his Super Meter is. However, if the player holds down, Ressurection will not trigger and Jason will keep his Super Meter. (MKX - Unstoppable variation)
Make of this what you will

I do not think that we can use crossovers to scale from. The Mortal Kombat characters are canonically far out of his league.

So, is there anything left to handle in this thread, or should I close it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back