• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason Voorhees Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've found some Friday the 13th comic feats, and I think that may bump Composite Jason's speed.

He has a few moments of slicing people up faster than they can react:

'•'WARNING: SOME SCANS MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC CONTENT•

Blitzes two government trained scuba divers faster than they could react

Slices a girl faster than she can react

Outruns bullets from a military helicopter

Blitzes two hunters

Catches up to a moving truck after its got a head start

Blitzes two soldiers, though this may be a stealth feat

Kills a small group of soldiers before they could call for help or react

Kills a soldier faster than he can react

Slices a soldier faster than he can move

Breaks through a wall and kills 2 people faster than the can react

This should give hin Superhuman movement/combat/reaction speed at the very least, probably Subsonic given that most of these feats involve him attacking faster than the victim can react.

> Expertly dodges slashes from a terrified girl

Tbf she eventually ended up stabbing his leg. I can see/agree with a speed upgrade, but Jason usually doesn't use his movement speed IC. But he can certainly move fast (or teleport) when he needs to.

Yeah, there are instances were he moves slow, but there are also a bunch of times were he can slice people up even though they were looking right at him. They clearly saw him, yet were unable to move out of the way or get outta there. He can even outperform trained soldiers and mercenaries.

Including comics Jason has taken down like three mercenary companies, a local police force (twice of you count IX), a bunch of Special Operation Soldiers, and a bunch of Space Marines. He can certainly kill people fast, just saying on average he doesn't ru fast. Isn't a huge hindrance though, and I do agree with an upgrade.

He does have instances were he crosses a room or reaches a person/group of people so fast they are take of guard, like the flash-step, climbing up a ladder, getting underwater faster than a woman knows what was happening, the Freddy feat.

Oh certainly. I know he has instances of pretty good speed, just that on average he doesn't abuse it. I support an upgrade, just mentioning that he doesn't usually blitz everyone.

Outrunning bullets at least seems like a Subsonic feat.

Probably "At least Subsonic" or "At least Subsonic+", but I am uncertain.

Subsonic seems best, since most of his speed feats involve him blitzing normal, albeit highly trained, humans. Though the helicopter feat may hold merit.

Okay. Feel free to change the page accordingly then.

So if there's ever a Uber-Jason key, would he be subsonic or subsonic+ since he fought and defeated Zombie Jason?

Made the edits

Yeah, considering that Uber-Jason easily blitzed a group of soldiers with future tech, could contend with androids, and overall stomped his clone of him from the past, subsonic+ seems fair.

Really hope someone can calc Uber-Jason's feats, cause some of them are pretty cool, like surviving a fall from space that left a massive crater, surviving a massive explosion, no selling a surge of electricity, surviving in space, surviving a futuristic flamethrower, plasma shots and even no sells bullets. He can even smash through future andriods, space ship hulls, lift a massive tree and throw it at two people hard enough to turn them into paste, and even stomp his past self.

Was the Part 8 teleport discussion ever settled? Cause no one can say for sure whether or not Jason was teleporting in this movie.

I did check the script for Part VIII when I was making the Reddit Jason Voorhees RT and it never explicitly said Jason teleported. Iirc, it said something along the lines of "Jason suddenly appears behind/in front of/near x". But since this site uses slasher porting as a power, I could very well see a few feats being teleportation rather than speed (like in Jason X where he vanished from those three Space Marines in under two seconds).

While that may very well be true, when put into context with him outpacing trained soldiers and mercenaries, I think Jason being able to move very fast isn't that unbelievable. It even says within the script that he suddenly appears in front of said person, implying that he moved in front of someone. This is further supported by the water feat, where he winds up underwater near his intended victim. If he were truly teleporting, then why would he teleport next to his victim and a considerable distance away at that? The same goes for the train chase and the flash-step scene.

Jason X did handly destroy all of those soldiers when he was amongst their small group, so fast that some of them couldn't dodge his attacks or sneak up on him, so him being aable to disappear from their sight isn't that unbelievable. And Jason was right in front of the soldiers when he disappeared. This breaks the first rule of slasherporting. Slasherporting is typically done of screen.

And like you said, Jason teleporting was never confirmed in Part 8

Edited previous message.

And while that is true, as shown within the comics and other gifs, Jason clearly has no problem handling other humans who have been trained to fight. He's become so skilled and powerful that he can handle just about anything anyone throws at him. You can even see that when the soldiers who were at a distance from him tried to run or move, Jason would instantly move to their position and kill them, even when Jason was right in front of him. That proves that Jason can move fast when he wants to.

The best speed feats we have from Jason are from the comics, in the movies he was just a walking tank who can swing fast, and well, in a scene from JTM Jason chases a girl in a tight corridor, if Jason was using superspeed he would run over her, but no, he appears in front of her and kills her with her own guitar, he must have used teleportation to archieve that.

Link

So, has this thread been properly dealt with? If so, I should probably close it.

Yes, all i was trying to say is that the sudden appeareances in JTM are teleportations and not speed, so the gifs from JTM should be removed, i agree with the rest though.

Edit: Wait a minute, the M230 chain gu can fire bullets that travel 2.3 times the speed of sound, and it's a very old too. (1975)

Did Jason outrun bullet from a gun that could fire shots that travelled that quickly?

Well, it entirely depends on the distance to the shooter. We usually need calculations in order to make certain.

Also, somewhat off topic, but could we also implement some of Jason's abilities from the latest Friday the 13th game? The teleportation is mostly covered, but it is further supported here in game:

Morph: Jason fast travels long distances to locations selected on the map.

Rage: Enhances Jason's abilities and allows him to burst through walls and closed doors with ease. Triggers automatically when halfway into the match.

Sense: Jason can visually detect his victim's whereabouts within his proximity especially those with a high fear level.

Shift: Jason disappears and can quickly move short distances, avoiding traps and controlling when and where to stop.

Stalk: Jason mutes the danger theme victims hear when he's nearby and heightens his sense of hearing.

Game Jason has two types of teleportation. The first, a minimap opens up on screen and Jason can choose a spot to TP. The second, the screen changes and Jason can suddenly move extremely fast and through traps, and eventually he will reach a location. The former is most likely a game-mechanic, the second seems like legit TP.

Moving swiftly is not the same thing as teleportation. This seems extremely unreliable, and will not be accepted.

Well, one of Jason's keys says that it is composite statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back