• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

James Bond meets a Highwayman

Wanted to try my hand at a James Bond match, namely cause I'm British myself. Dismas is a fave of mine too, let's go.

Plot: The pair meet at a bar and get into an arguement, they decide the next day to duke it out.

Speed is equalised, both are 9-A but no prep time. Dismas's optional equipment is restricted. SBA otherwise.

Dismas serves up a beatdown: 5

Bond leaves Dismas shaken and also stirred: 2

Inconclusive: 1

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/James_Bond_(Composite)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Highwayma

As an Australian, I just have to say two words: The Ashes

Just joshing. Anyway let's get into this

So, in this key, James would be in a car. How would THWM deal with invisibility and homing rockets?

Well Dismas is no stranger to dealing with foes that can turn invisible, stealth is a mechanic in Darkest Dungeon. As for homing missles he could perhaps shoot them before they reach him, wouldn't put it past Dismas to be able to do that if he can AOE in game

Anything, he's an RPG protagonist but considering all he has is his knife and gun prolly by trying to figure out where the target is and getting a bead on them.

I mean

Okay, let's take this from the top.

Speed is equalized relatively, I've had this confirmed by other admins. That means however fast Bond's rockets are to him, they are perceived and moving at that speed compared to Dismas. Ditto for Dismas' attacks. That said, Dismas' stuff moves faster to him than Bond's missiles move to him. So while speed is equalized, effectively Dismas' pistol is the fastest weapon relatively in this combat.

AP is a crap reason to vote in this instance, considering the minute gap. Frankly, Dismas can overcome this with any old item equipped and, as said above, has abilities that negate the whole invisibility thing. Considering Bond isn't as maneuverable as he would be on foot (as in, agile, able to dodge on the fly, etc), it seems likely both could dodge equally as well- after all, Dismas manages to avoid attacks that literally start with him and work backwards, as well as attacks that just hit the entire area. So dodging a homing missile isn't actually all that unreasonable.

Finally, I firmly believe Dismas will be doing more attacks than Bond. Dude can launch a grapeshot and just pelt a large area with gunfire in a single round.

TL;DR, AP is bunk, both are just as likely to hit one another, and Dismas will be doing more attacks. So I vote Dismas.

we weren't waiting before

Well. Based on the fact that Arsenal isn't shutting down other matches with Bond...

My vote stands. Nothing major enough changed. Bond dies gg.

this is also a 9-A match

Well the thing is now he is more manuverable because he is on foot

On foot he can launch much more attacks and still fire honing rockets along with lasers, bullets and grenades. Invisibility on foot and smoke + heat vision. How does the HWM deal with this ?

Since we're on the subject, why the hell is Bond 9-A on a feat I explicitly said wasn't 9-A because he didn't destroy the tree

What happened Arsenal

Safe to bump? Well how good is Bond's invisibility? Dismas can reveal cloaked targets via Tracking Shot so there's that. Also I'm terrible at cricket, I forgot to mention that earlier when you said The Ashes lol.

Hmm..

I've played a bit of Darkest Dungeon and I'll sadly voted against Bond

I think the Highwayman is a bit more skilled and he can negate Bond's stealh and invisiblity iirc

Plus, AP isn't really a issue when he can lower people's AP iirc so

Late game isn't what that second tab is buddy, read again.

Back