• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meliodas vs Gilthunder+ (Meliodas vs Gunvolt)

SDS finally got a L7B key, so now this is possible.

That damn center line kills me
MeliodasRenderWrathWeapon1.png
GVBMZ.png
Meliodas: LordEscanor
The_Smashor, Nomsnoms, Peppersalt43, Nierre, Razor, Popted2, GokuSparkle :Gunvolt
Inconclusive:​

Rules:

Speed Equal, Low 7-B (Unsealed vs GV2), no Demon Mark

Meliodas- 2.5 Megatons, cannot amp beyond L7B

GV - 3.1+ Megatons, no Anthem, Prevasion ENABLED

Points Brought Up / Obvious Points

Meliodas
Pros
  • Regen
  • Full Counter
  • Purgatory Fire can possibly just... win, if it gets past Prevasion
Cons
  • Full Counter is Magic only, so it may not work against GV at all
  • Apparently Regen isn't that OP, he still takes the "damage" of an attack, and requires Stamina to heal up
  • It's hard to get past Prevasion

GV
Pros
  • Healing
  • Prevasion is Busted
  • Flashfield isn't Full Counterable
    • Due to the way it works, it'll just track Meliodas again after reflection, or if the attack is dispersed, the tendrils will just reform again to continue on
Cons
  • Flashfield leaves Gunvolt Vulnerable to Attack, Meliodas's Wincon is attack when he uses it, though GV may adapt to this strategy and use Skills only

Last edited:
Before anything starts, I'm gonna outline a couple things about Gunvolt and Prevasion, since every time he's in a VS Match (such as against Diavolo) everyone misunderstands his abilities and downplay him, so here I go.

Prevasion is an automatic intangibility defense that turns GV into electrons. It costs part of a resource called EP, the same resource as his Flashfield each time its used to evade an attack, hence "Pre"vasion. By default, he's practically unhittable. As for EP, that resource is rechargable, either on its own, or manually by Gunvolt himself. If he chooses the latter, all of his EP is instantly restored to its absolute max. Combine this with Prevasion, and Gunvolt can stall out anyone if he really wanted to. In character however, Gunvolt does not rely on Prevasion and actively tries to dodge attacks, but would also want to make sure that his EP is topped. Prevasion is disabled when Gunvolt uses his Flashfield, his main attack.

When he is out of EP, he goes into Overheat state, for a second or two, he becomes vulnerable and cannot use his Flashfield or Prevasion, making him vulnerable to any normal attack.

This is it in action.

Judging by the weaknesses on Meliodas' page, I think the regen is mostly just super taxing on his stamina. Gunvolt's prevasion and healing, meanwhile, dosn't require much stamina on his end. As such, Gunvolt will probably be able to outlast him, espesially since Gunvolt likely has higher stamina just judging by feats.

As mentioned in the OP, while Meliodas can reflect Gunvolt's lightning, the lightning would just home back in on Meliodas due to the bolts in him, as Gunvolt's lightning homes in on those. Not to mention, not much else in Gunvolt's arsenal would count as a projectile.

Purgatory fire would negate healing to an extent tho since it doesn’t extinguish, but still Prevasion

Did someone already mentioned the Revenge Counter? Revenge Counter is Meliodas last card, which is when Meliodas takes a lot of damageand is heavily injured, and then, he use Revenge Counter, which brings a lot of damage that he took to the enemy

wiki explanation:
  • Revenge Counter: Meliodas lowers his magic power so that he can take as much damage as he can handle. After he has "charged" himself with enough damage he returns all of it in a single massive energy attack aimed directly at his opponent. It is shown to be his last resort.

its not the same thing as Full Counter btw

Gunvolt likely has higher stamina just judging by feats.
What are gunvolt stamina feats? Meliodas can keep fighting even in the purgatory, which messes with the mental, spiritual and physical condition of the people, he can keep fighting even when he has almost no magical power and is half-dead but still can keep fighting

What are gunvolt stamina feats? Meliodas can keep fighting even in the purgatory, which messes with the mental, spiritual and physical condition of the people, he can keep fighting even when he has almost no magical power and is half-dead but still can keep fighting
He can effortlessly endure heat that would totally dehydrate a human in minutes, keep fighting after being put through an iron maiden, fight several strong Adepts back-to-back, and can even outlast Copen who has similar feats.

He should also be comparable to Blade (Since they have the same Septima), who could fight three holographic copies of Adepts after being forced to hunt Copen for possibly days by mind control.
Did someone already mentioned the Revenge Counter? Revenge Counter is Meliodas last card, which is when Meliodas takes a lot of damageand is heavily injured, and then, he use Revenge Counter, which brings a lot of damage that he took to the enemy

wiki explanation:
  • Revenge Counter: Meliodas lowers his magic power so that he can take as much damage as he can handle. After he has "charged" himself with enough damage he returns all of it in a single massive energy attack aimed directly at his opponent. It is shown to be his last resort.

its not the same thing as Full Counter btw
Since it's just a massive energy attack Gunvolt can still Prevade it.

He can effortlessly endure heat that would totally dehydrate a human in minutes
I think it was moments actually, I’ll recheck

For Blade’s feat, yes, she was going all berserker mode with her hand on her head and everything with a spiked Septima- yeah, should be comparable. And while Meliodas seems better in stamina, being good in fighting while injured is great, but not as great as being topped off at Full HP at all times thanks to Prevasion and Healing

Alright I'll see if I can't lighten this up a bit. Stamina wise it's super tough cause when fighting against ban whose considerably draining his strength and still fighting on par with him and then just activating the demon mark made he extremely stronger and faster as if it wasn't even a contest. As good as full counter is it does have to be magic so it would be a stretch to say he could counter it. But revenge counter is simply damage he's taken. And his Regen doesn't drain his stamina as shown when he casually reattaches his arm before. I defenitly think hell blaze and just out lasting his opponent he will win. He could just turn to electrons and it wouldn't be hitting him anymore but the damage is done he would have to come back and regen that taking more stamina and giving meliodas more opportunities to attack. If it's a waiting game meliodas wins unless he can use an attack that would force meliodas to have to heal to an insane degree.

Stamina wise it's super tough cause when fighting against ban whose considerably draining his strength and still fighting on par with him and then just activating the demon mark made he extremely stronger and faster as if it wasn't even a contest.
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure I restricted the Demon Mark, but I get that Meliodas has high stamina.
As good as full counter is it does have to be magic so it would be a stretch to say he could counter it.
I see, so it doesn't really work huh...
But revenge counter is simply damage he's taken.
Unfortunately, if he uses that, GV can just Prevade through it
And his Regen doesn't drain his stamina as shown when he casually reattaches his arm before.
So... no stamina is drained when he gets hit...?
I defenitly think hell blaze and just out lasting his opponent he will win. He could just turn to electrons and it wouldn't be hitting him anymore but the damage is done he would have to come back and regen that taking more stamina and giving meliodas more opportunities to attack.

I feel like you don't understand how Prevasion works, Hellblaze wouldn't be hitting him at all. He won't be caught on fire by the attack in the first place since he's intangible- there won't be any damage to be done. It's not that he will get burnt, and THEN he goes intangible. He goes intangible, then the fire passes through him.

Hopefully the video I posted above makes it clear to you (he doesn't get hit by that Mech's laser beam, and then goes intangible, he goes intangible, then the attack passes through him)

If it's a waiting game meliodas wins unless he can use an attack that would force meliodas to have to heal to an insane degree.
I'm pretty sure any of his big offensive skills have the ability to get past that stuff- but, I thought Meliodas doesn't need stamina to regen like you said earlier above? So which one is it?

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure I restricted the Demon Mark, but I get that Meliodas has high stamina.

I see, so it doesn't really work huh...

Unfortunately, if he uses that, GV can just Prevade through it

So... no stamina is drained when he gets hit...?

I feel like you don't understand how Prevasion works, Hellblaze wouldn't be hitting him at all. He won't be caught on fire by the attack in the first place since he's intangible- there won't be any damage to be done. It's not that he will get burnt, and THEN he goes intangible. He goes intangible, then the fire passes through him.

Hopefully the video I posted above makes it clear to you (he doesn't get hit by that Mech's laser beam, and then goes intangible, he goes intangible, then the attack passes through him)

I'm pretty sure any of his big offensive skills have the ability to get past that stuff- but, I thought Meliodas doesn't need stamina to regen like you said earlier above? So which one is it?
Alright let's take a sec back. First I clearly understand the fact that he is intangible I'm just saying when melidos hits him he then can go intangible and remove the fire. I was trying to be nice and give you that's second when he charges his ep it isn't instant and meliodas would hit him within that time frame also would hit him again within the time frame of his main attack. Also I'm not saying it doesn't take stamina when he is damaged that obvious I'm saying he effortless had regenerated but being damaged does take stamina. But in this durability battle meliodas will when. If anything he will keep his revenge counter up instead of full counter assuming it wouldn't work on his lightning (assuming) which would take a single mistake and he's done for.

Alright let's take a sec back. First I clearly understand the fact that he is intangible I'm just saying when melidos hits him he then can go intangible and remove the fire. I was trying to be nice and give you that's second when he charges his ep it isn't instant and meliodas would hit him within that time frame also would hit him again within the time frame of his main attack. Also I'm not saying it doesn't take stamina when he is damaged that obvious I'm saying he effortless had regenerated but being damaged does take stamina. But in this durability battle meliodas will when. If anything he will keep his revenge counter up instead of full counter assuming it wouldn't work on his lightning (assuming) which would take a single mistake and he's done for.
Gunvolt can prevade while charging ep.

I'm very confused about the Prevasion thing

Okay so, you understand that he is intangible- and you're saying that if he does get hit, he can become intangible to negate that, fair enough

Sorry, I can't exactly read you well so I'm gonna do my best to translate the second part

The EP Charge not being instant... I'm sorry, but I can say for that hitting GV while he's recharging does NOT hit him. He will recharge all the way while Prevading, it's not gonna hit. Gunvolt has Full Healing, unfortunately, so even if he does get hit, he can just heal from it

Whenever he attacks- OH I SEE... okay, there's a misunderstanding you have, lemme clear it up. He does become vulnerable when he uses Flashfield, yes, but ONLY when he uses Flashfield, any other attack is fair game. The main reason why this isn't a Prevasion Stomp is because of this weakness, so your point is definitely taken. But keep in mind that Gunvolt has other ways to attack ASIDE from Flashfield

Okay, so it DOES take Stamina to heal, good to know

Okay then let's do this. Meliodas while keep taking damage till near exhaustion and then whenever he goes to sue flashfield knowing it's when he's vulnerable then just one shots with revenge counter.

I see, that is definitely a plausible outcome. However, I don't think it'll be that likely to pull off. Gunvolt isn't exactly stupid. When he notices that Meliodas is targeting him in his Flashfield, he'll realize that he should just.... not use Flashfield and go with things like Luxcaliber only instead.

But, say if Meliodas for some reason decides NOT to attack, Gunvolt will be at full health. Considering GV has the AP Advantage, and he has ways to reduce damage such as Septimal Shield... he can still survive the attack.

Also, doesn't Revenge Counter have this cool animation where Meliodas does the epic anime scream stuff, before shouting Revenge Counter's name and... yeah- it should be more than enough time for GV just... turn off Flashfield, he's not stupid- he'll just focus on defense such as Prevasion and null out the attack. Every time I see the attack it doesn't seem instant at all

However I will give you that this is a potential outcome (especially if say, Meliodas was a Boss Fight and whoever is playing Gunvolt is stupid enough to hold Flashfield)

I see, that is definitely a plausible outcome. However, I don't think it'll be that likely to pull off. Gunvolt isn't exactly stupid. When he notices that Meliodas is targeting him in his Flashfield, he'll realize that he should just.... not use Flashfield and go with things like Luxcaliber only instead.

But, say if Meliodas for some reason decides NOT to attack, Gunvolt will be at full health. Considering GV has the AP Advantage, and he has ways to reduce damage such as Septimal Shield... he can still survive the attack.

Also, doesn't Revenge Counter have this cool animation where Meliodas does the epic anime scream stuff, before shouting Revenge Counter's name and... yeah- it should be more than enough time for GV just... turn off Flashfield, he's not stupid- he'll just focus on defense such as Prevasion and null out the attack

However I will give you that this is a potential outcome (especially if say, Meliodas was a Boss Fight and whoever is playing Gunvolt is stupid enough to hold Flashfield)
I mean we're just talking dum anime shit but he doesn't have to say it just activating it works too lol. Also is he only a robot? Or is he alive lol. And is so then just soul tear and kill him. (Power gap doesn't matter being that melasilca did it to Escanor) but not including the fact that meliodas isn't dumb enough to let him know it's coming he'd just wait for an opening to use it. Which there will eventually be one.

Oh wait he has SOUL manip?! Well dang I guess this might be a stomp, lemme see its details tho- how it work?

Back