• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Teru didn’t have the terrain advantage or the ability to absorb energy from surroundings like Mob does.
Mob’s shields shatter on impact with Deku’s bullets it doesn’t matter how much energy he gets if a full hand flick (aka 4 bullets) is going to deal 4 attacks over double his durability
also what terrain advantage, Deku does backflips and shit along with tons of acrobatic movements, and this JT Deku, he has already run through the beast forest

(Also Shanesome said he was leaning Mob but not voting for him, but idk how that fully works)

Teru didn’t have the terrain advantage or the ability to absorb energy from surroundings like Mob does.
And Also, the things you mentioned he could do with the trees, are they in character? You said “like” meaning they wouldn’t be done until last resort. In which from what your suggesting Deku is in his face. Punching him. Repeatedly. And tree shields or tree projectiles that are going to be weaker then Deku and he can just use an Air Force attack to break his way through them, what are those going to do?

I think at the end of the day it's a stamina battle, and Deku should take it

So I'll vote Deku fra

I still need explanations Cisco, Terrain is doing nothing if Deku can break it or also uses the environment (with all his bouncing), and absorption from things around him replenishes him, he doesn’t go up, otherwise he’d have “higher with absorption” on His file

He can’t even absorb energy from Deku like Alexander said, Mob can only absorb psychic energy, unless ive been reading the wrong series One For All is not a psychic power

I still need explanations Cisco, Terrain is doing nothing if Deku can break it or also uses the environment (with all his bouncing), and absorption from things around him replenishes him, he doesn’t go up, otherwise he’d have “higher with absorption” on His file
He’s never really needed to absorb energy during a fight since he’s either always been stronger than his opponent or could just enter his 100% states to boost his strength, so that has never really needed to be debated. But he still has the ability to do it regardless. He could absorb Serizawa’s power. I’m not positive that Mob could absorb Deku’s energy since he’s not an esper, though I believe it might be possible. Even if he can’t, I already mentioned that spirits could absorb the energy from plants to fuel themselves, and his ???% form could absorb energy from even the atmosphere. This proves there are other sources from where to absorb energy.

Even though they’re in a forest, Mob could still use the terrain underneath them and play the long-range game by firing large boulders at Deku. Besides, the LS difference is so minimal that Mob could still at least momentarily restrain Deku with either his powers or multiple roots imbued with his psychic energy. Even Deku would have a tough time escaping that with their comparable LS.

I’m not saying that Mob would win and I don’t really care who wins the match, but the point is that I don’t believe this is a stomp.

I’m saying that ever argument for Mob is circumstantial at best, Shanesome didn’t even vote for Mob, he said he was leaning, which is an entirely different thing (no fault on you, just making it aware that if it‘s not said To not use it as a vote until it’s confirmed to one side, but in his own comment he also said he thinks Deku could win as well)

I don’t see a lot of things going for Mob here other than “good terrain though.” His his fighting style is no where near high enough to just ignore Deku’s advantages, regardless of them being in a forest or not. Deku can easily just constantly dodge his attacks with Danger Sense and Float.

Also, are we ignoring how much DEKU benefits from a forest? He has infinite objects to grab with Blackwhip to propel himself, and a lot of space to gain Fa Jin. Avoiding Mob’s attacks should be child’s play, especially when Mob in this key doesn’t even want to fight. Grabbing Deku doesn’t even matter since he can throw out Blackwhip and yeet himself away without needing to physically move, and then it’s just keeping his distance.

Also no, he is not absorbing one for all’s energy. Unless he has shown the ability to suck power from PEOPLE that is NOT psychic in nature, he isn’t doing anything to him. Like, a feat of taking energy from someone’s liver or something would be necessary, cause OFA is biological.

Shields still get broken in a single shot especially if he uses Fa Jin and Blackwhip to slingshot himself. Mob better pray that Air Force isn’t allowed otherwise he gets sniped to hell through his shields or attacks.

Like really, is there an advantage for mob I’m missing?

I don’t see a lot of things going for Mob here other than “good terrain though.” His his fighting style is no where near high enough to just ignore Deku’s advantages, regardless of them being in a forest or not. Deku can easily just constantly dodge his attacks with Danger Sense and Float.

Also, are we ignoring how much DEKU benefits from a forest? He has infinite objects to grab with Blackwhip to propel himself, and a lot of space to gain Fa Jin. Avoiding Mob’s attacks should be child’s play, especially when Mob in this key doesn’t even want to fight. Grabbing Deku doesn’t even matter since he can throw out Blackwhip and yeet himself away without needing to physically move, and then it’s just keeping his distance.
Deku’s key in this thread is Joint Training arc. He doesn’t have Fa Jin, Float, or Danger Sense. Blackwhip can only be used for a few seconds at most and he has no real control over it. Only thing Deku has for offensive capabilities are his regular hand-to-hand combat and Air Force. I changed the keys cuz Final Act Base Deku has inferior LS and AP, so he’d just be ragdolled by Mob.

As I’ve already mentioned several times, even if Mob can’t absorb Deku’s OFA strength, he can still absorb the energy from the trees, since he can take energy from others and spirits have been shown to be able to use plants as energy to fuel their psychic powers. Mob can also play the long-ranged game and throw many large objects at Deku.

Deku’s key in this thread is Joint Training arc. He doesn’t have Fa Jin, Float, or Danger Sense. Blackwhip can only be used for a few seconds at most and he has no real control over it. Only thing Deku has for offensive capabilities are his regular hand-to-hand combat and Air Force. I changed the keys cuz Final Act Base Deku has inferior LS and AP, so he’d just be ragdolled by Mob.

As I’ve already mentioned several times, even if Mob can’t absorb Deku’s OFA strength, he can still absorb the energy from the trees, since he can take energy from others and spirits have been shown to be able to use plants as energy to fuel their psychic powers. Mob can also play the long-ranged game and throw many large objects at Deku.
Oh joint training, I misread.

Yeah then he can just Air Force spam while hiding and bouncing between trees. Mob still ain’t hitting him with any attacks since Deku can destroy them before they even get near him with Air Force, not to mention he’s still way smarter than mob in practically every way.

Best option for Mob is ragdolling honestly, and Deku can strain against his TK enough to fight back. And range is meaningless if Deku can range spam too and at better angles as shown with his Gentle Criminal fight. He simply outmaneuvers mob with the forest and Air Force will destroying anything thrown his way. He can fight for hours so I’d need an understanding of how much stamina mob has for prolonged fights in this key.

Oh joint training, I misread.

Yeah then he can just Air Force spam while hiding and bouncing between trees. Mob still ain’t hitting him with any attacks since Deku can destroy them before they even get near him with Air Force, not to mention he’s still way smarter than mob in practically every way.

Best option for Mob is ragdolling honestly, and Deku can strain against his TK enough to fight back. And range is meaningless if Deku can range spam too and at better angles as shown with his Gentle Criminal fight. He simply outmaneuvers mob with the forest and Air Force will destroying anything thrown his way. He can fight for hours so I’d need an understanding of how much stamina mob has for prolonged fights in this key.
My questions as well.
I mean I honestly just sent it to you & two others because I want to get this over with (I mean the first person he put down as voting for Mon didn’t even say he was voting for mob yet I just wanna not get notifications anymore)

He doesn’t do that in this key from my understanding at all in character, and Deku has comparable LS and is over 2x his AP. He would literally tank the slams and spam Air Force at him the entire time like he’s barely being effected by it.
Well, he still uses TK in his base state, it's just that in a forest with plants he also uses them to assist him, so he could still ragdoll Deku, and while Deku could break out of it with effort since they have almost the same LS, it would probably be hard to break out of it multiple times, and since Mob can absorb energy, it's possible that it would increase his LS as well. And Mob could protect himself with barriers: given his incredible skill, he could also probably learn to create multiple barriers on the spot, since he can replicate techniques even more easily than Hanazawa can.

Well, he still uses TK in his base state, it's just that in a forest with plants he also uses them to assist him, so he could still ragdoll Deku, and while Deku could break out of it with effort since they have almost the same LS, it would probably be hard to break out of it multiple times, and since Mob can absorb energy, it's possible that it would increase his LS as well. And Mob could protect himself with barriers: given his incredible skill, he could also probably learn to create multiple barriers on the spot, since he can replicate techniques even more easily than Hanazawa can.
He doesn’t need to break out of it, and why would he get tired from doing it multiple times. He just moves his hands to point at Mob and uses Air Force.

Deku is 2x mob, the shields don’t matter and get destroyed. Especially since Deku can fire 10 shots at the same time from his hands. Multiple times. Like a machine gun.

Literally everything Mob has gets ignored or pushed through by Deku the entire fight and he does not slow down. Ever.

The belief that Deku just gets tired eventually is, quite honestly, laughable. Air Force spam and staying out of sight counters 90% of Mob’s options and Mob can’t do anything about it.

Don't see how he'd be able to zip around and snipe Mob if Mob literally can control the terrain to his advantage and use either the energy-imbued plants or telekinesis to keep him restrained, or both.

Don't see how he'd be able to zip around and snipe Mob if Mob literally can control the terrain to his advantage and use either the energy-imbued plants or telekinesis to keep him restrained, or both.
Plants get dodged or destroyed.

And he doesn’t even need to zip around honestly. That’s the least important argument I made.

Air Force spam gg on literally any front. There is no counter to it from Mob.

Also comparable LS with 2x strength advantage. Plants aren’t keeping him still at all, only direct TK from Mob will, and he can break out of it with, you guessed it, Air Force spam.

Yea, and Mob can just spam long-ranged attacks by throwing debris and large rocks at Deku, which is something that Mob has also been shown to do during his battles. He can do it from multiple directions too, while Mob can only fire from his fingers. How's Deku going to be able to accurately avoid getting attacked by plants from behind or large boulders being thrown from multiple directions? He can't, and he'll just accumulate damage. So terrain advantage, ability to play long-ranged game too, barriers, better raw talent, and ability to increase his power through absorbing energy of nearby trees seems like more solid wincons.

He doesn’t do that in this key from my understanding at all in character, and Deku has comparable LS and is over 2x his AP. He would literally tank the slams and spam Air Force at him the entire time like he’s barely being effected by it.
He used that multiple times as a mean of defending himself look at his first second encounter with koyama. Otherwise the alternative would be psychic barriers.

Besides that, Air Force spam is practically useless if his arms are flailing around in the air, hitting practically anything else that isn't his target.

Yea, and Mob can just spam long-ranged attacks by throwing debris and large rocks at Deku, which is something that Mob has also been shown to do during his battles. He can do it from multiple directions too, while Mob can only fire from his fingers. How's Deku going to be able to accurately avoid getting attacked by plants from behind or large boulders being thrown from multiple directions? He can't, and he'll just accumulate damage. So terrain advantage, ability to play long-ranged game too, barriers, better raw talent, and ability to increase his power through absorbing energy of nearby trees seems like more solid wincons.
He can literally dodge? And Mob’s attacks don’t even hurt him that much at all with the 2x stat advantage + supernatural willpower and his stamina? And he destroys any objects coming his way with Air Force or kicking them?

Doing it from multiple directions is nothing to Deku, he can keep up with multiple attacks coming at him easily by this point. He can easily dodge out of the way and destroy any terrain Mob tries to use to catch him when he does so. All while still blasting Mob with Air Force.

“He can’t” says who??????? None of what you said is even remotely impressive enough for Deku to not destroy or dodge. At all. Show me a single instance that would imply Deku would get stumped by objects being thrown at him. This is the guy who could keep up with Gentle’s untraceable bouncing movements and got better mid combat to predict him when he couldn’t earlier.

This belief that throwing things at Deku while the ground is unstable will defeat him or even slightly tax him is not accurate.

He used that multiple times as a mean of defending himself look at his first second encounter with koyama. Otherwise the alternative would be psychic barriers.

Besides that, Air Force spam is practically useless if his arms are flailing around in the air, hitting practically anything else that isn't his target.
How is Air Force spam useless???

Air Force has hundreds of meters of range. He doesn’t flail his arms, he just points them at Mob through the TK and blasts his ass until he lets go.

Air Force is his gauntlets. The finger flicks. He doesn’t need anything other than to point them at Mob for less than a second for the attack to be effective.

Shields, again, get broken through with ease unless they can protect him from 5-10 attacks all 2x Mob’s strength. Several times in a row.

Deku also scales far higher than his LS feat from 8%.
That was done by an off guard Deku who get's far stronger even before we hit JT Arc (Yes I know it states that 8% is in his JT Arc, but Overhaul Arc and Kamnio are before then)

Also, Deku fights in midair half the time. How is anything easily hitting him when he’s leaping hundreds of meters into the air and blasting Mob with Air Force?

Mob legit will not touch Deku by throwing things at him. Even if the objects get near him, Deku either punches/kicks them to rubble, or tanks them because they barely hurts him.

8%'s durability is nearing baseline 8-B if not higher because it scales far higher than base deku just tanking nine's 8.12 ton attacks to the face. Mob's attacks are just above 3, so he can and will power through them

Wouldn't Deku's knowledge of the terrain lead him to move away to an area with no large terrain and fight there? I'm not arguing he leaves the forest, just a place with smaller trees and less boulders.

Deku’s durability > 8.12, nearing baseline 8-B

Mob AP somewhat > 3.09

Deku has ridiculous pain tolerance to the point he can punch with broken arms and run around high on adrenaline with a busted everything easily. He can withstand being pierced through with lasers, his ribs crushed, every bone in his BODY being broken from Full Cowl 100%.

Literally what object from Mob is doing anything to him

Mob AP somewhat > 3.09

Deku has ridiculous pain tolerance to the point he can punch with broken arms and run around high on adrenaline with a busted everything easily. He can withstand being pierced through with lasers, his ribs crushed, every bone in his BODY being broken from Full Cowl 100%.

Universe: How many bones would you like to break
Deku: all of them

Mob AP somewhat > 3.09

The planet.

Back