• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izayoi (Mondaiji-Tachi) vs Medaka (Medaka Box)

Status
Not open for further replies.
had a debate with my friend, I said Izayoi would win (by a long shot...), he said Medaka would win...

so... Area of Battle: infinite flat landscape with no living beings

Neither of them have any prior knowledge to each other

The fight was preplanned... (so like a days preparation, though none of the 2 have knowledge of the others skills/powers)

so who would win?

It all comes down to combat. How fast are they?

Medaka has ridiculous haxx while Izayoi has haxxbreaker. Who gets to who first?

Can Izayoi get to Medaka before her haxx and is she capable of tanking it?

How does her powers activate? Does it have something that can be identified by the senses so Izayoi can tell when he has to kick it or something?

The thing is, physically speaking izayoi would completely obliterate medaka, izayoi's haxx breaking happens the moment the power tounches him, now the question is whether or not all-fiction would work against izayoi, and will izayoi hold back?

How much more is Izayoi physically superior? If he can blitz well enough, won't all-fiction pretty much be moot by then?

can izayoi destroy powers like allfiction? if yes than he wins, i doubt that medaka has the same body-stats as izayoi, otherwise, medaka wins ^_^

Wait. I checked their stats.

Hypersonic+ with moon level durability against someone massively hypersonic (severely weakened state apparently) with star level punches. What.

izayoi wins physically, medaka wins if:

1. Medaka can use all-fiction before izayoi can get to her

2. if all-fiction is not cancelled out by izayoi's hax breaking

we agreeing on this?

but I'd imagine if izayoi were to use aurora pillar he would win...

another problem is how they act... chances are izayoi would hold back and medaka would hold out using her more powerful powers like all-fiction and scar death, in fact im pretty sure both of them would be trying to figure the other out... so if the 2nd condition above is true then itll come down to

1. who would start going all out first

2. who would deal the first blow

and we also have medaka's stubborness and izayoi's cockiness...

in the end its questionable who would win but i can imagine more scenarios where izayoi would win but what bout you guys? who would imagine winning this fight (every fight bewtween them outside of this wiki has shown him winning but what do you guys think?)

Izayoi, I'd wager. He's been shown to be a good judge of character, seen as when he backed down from Shirayuki (the white haired loli pervert whose name I'm not sure of) when she asked if he would like a battle.

Also, I'd have to ask, she's listed in the wiki as hypersonic+, is that her reaction speed as well?

oh and in case anyone's wondering, medaka cant copy izayoi's power since it is beyond her physical ability...

Gemmysaur said:
Izayoi, I'd wager. He's been shown to be a good judge of character, seen as when he backed down from Shirayuki (the white haired loli pervert whose name I'm not sure of) when she asked if he would like a battle.
Also, I'd have to ask, she's listed in the wiki as hypersonic+, is that her reaction speed as well?

you got her name wrong, lol, but id imagine so, since her auto pilot is below hypersonic...

What does Medaka do at the start of the battle?

I see Izayoi letting her have a punch in unless he sees her doing something he deems to dangerous (like charging) or something.

After which he'd run in for a mass punch.

With the way discussion is going, I'd say Izayoi 6/10 due to cockiness.

Gemmysaur said:
What does Medaka do at the start of the battle?
I see Izayoi letting her have a punch in unless he sees her doing something he deems to dangerous (like charging) or something.

After which he'd run in for a mass punch.

With the way discussion is going, I'd say Izayoi 6/10 due to cockiness.

so izayoi's win?

KamiYasha said:
Medaka...Too Op for Izayoi.
well in terms of hax, if it were physical ability izayoi is too op for medaka... but as said, it mostly comes down to whether or not izayoi can cancel out medaka's hax, mainly all-fiction (since punching at third cosmic velocity while severely injured makes scar death really do nothing here...)

this battle has really been a question on their personality and izayoi's hax breaking... since we all know very well that izayoi would hold back unless he found medaka a threat and medaka not instantly relying on all-fiction, in fact she would keep it as a last resort...

All Fiction can erase time allowing Medaka to be instant, so Izayoi would be blitzed and haxed to death/out of existence. Can Izayoi break has that doesn't have a tangible form anyways? If not then he couldn't destroy all fiction, scar dead, rafraflessia or many of the others anyway. Also Medaka has an ability that makes it so that no ability, skill or power can work on her twice, maeaning Izayoi could only break one of her hax powers. Also Izayoi's been near death several times so if scardead opened all his past wounds (physical and emotional) it may kill him. So over all I'd say this is a mismatch

Gemmysaur said:
Last question from me. What has Izayoi canceled after the Gorgon's lazers?
I am uncertain (since I don't really read the light novels) but he did destroy a pocket dimension with the aurora pillar and he also has a mystic resistance, which means he can resists things like curses and time stop... the mystic resistance might be able to stop medaka's hax but its very questionable how medaka's all-fiction works in the first place...

but if it works anything like time stop then again, it drops to izayoi's win..

If we take into account mass written skills certainly medaka. (create a universe is too much)

Without them hard to say. One thing brought up is that Izayoi will likely not blitz. In that case most likely still medaka, because of The End. If we assume skills and gifts are the same for this (else through all fiction the result is clear), then medaka will copy Izayois gift at 120% of its original power. Per his profile Izayois Superhuman stats come from his gift, so that this advantage together with the advantage from his skills would be taken from him. In the end (dat pun) medaka would inherit his hax resistance and destroy his gift through his own ability.

Edit: One question: Even through Izayoi has some resistance naturally, his full ability to destroy gifts/supernatural phenomenas only activates if he physically attacks the phenomen itself, right?

DontTalk said:
If we take into account mass written skills certainly medaka. (create a universe, and probably Alibi lock as well are too much)
Without them hard to say. One thing brought up is that Izayoi will likely not blitz. In that case most likely still medaka, because of The End. If we assume skills and gifts are the same for this (else through all fiction the result is clear), then medaka will copy Izayois gift at 120% of its original power. Per his profile Izayois Superhuman stats come from his gift, so that this advantage together with the advantage from his skills would be taken from him. In the end (dat pun) medaka would inherit his hax resistance and destroy his gift through his own ability.
there is one problem with this, medaka cant copy that which surpasses her physical capabilities (not mentioned in the vs wiki, mentioned in most other sites but from some reason not here..) so i doubt she'd be able to copy it..

DontTalk said:
Edit: One question: Even through Izayoi has some resistance naturally, his full ability to destroy gifts/supernatural phenomenas only activates if he physically attacks the phenomen itself, right?
we dont know if it's physical attacking or just touching his body, but its most likely touching his body and he has cancelled out an item with the ability to read abilities just by touching it

Technically it isn't that she has to be strong to know the skill, but that knowing the skill makes her strong. In terms of pure potency of the ability it is far from unrealistic for her to learn it, so I see no problem here.

The "can't copy suff that exeeds her physical capability" was brought up once, but where was that actually stated and how? I believe there was actually a reason why we didn't note it, but given that I don't know where it came from in the first place I don't know, and antvasima is the expert for medaka box.

DontTalk said:
Technically it isn't that she has to be strong to know the skill, but that knowing the skill makes her strong. In terms of pure potency of the ability it is far from unrealistic for her to learn it, so I see no problem here.
The "can't copy suff that exeeds her physical capability" was brought up once, but where was that actually stated and how? I believe there was actually a reason why we didn't note it, but given that I don't know where it came from in the first place I don't know, and antvasima is the expert for medaka box.

we should ask him... btw how fast is medaka's top speed? since izayoi can easily pass 400 mach and one kicking a water god really says something in this...

Well, the main assumption here was that he doesn't blitz based on his character (as said).

Well, as her profile states Hypersonic+, possibly Lightspeed if Theme Song isn't hyperbole. She technically can also use all fiction to erase time and by that make some movements instant.

DontTalk said:
Well, the main assumption here was that he doesn't blitz based on his character (as said).
Well, as her profile states Hypersonic+, possibly Lightspeed if Theme Song isn't hyperbole. She technically can also use all fiction to erase time and by that make some movements instant.

this has been the most questionable battle ever XD

The whole thing about "She can't copy abilities that surpasses her physical capabilities" it's pretty random...

I mean, yes, there are some thing that medaka can't copy like Iihiko's ability.

But, i remember when she said: "It's ridiculous i can't move at the speed of sound" (later she move casually at mach speed, and more later at lightspeed.

Pretty random.

KamiYasha said:
The whole thing about "She can't copy abilities that surpasses her physical capabilities" it's pretty random...
I mean, yes, there are some thing that medaka can't copy like Iihiko's ability.

But, i remember when she said: "It's ridiculous i can't move at the speed of sound" (later she move casually at mach speed, and more later at lightspeed.

Pretty random.
XD it sort of reminds me that izayoi has been said to move at the speed of sound, through both a chapter title and a line which uses "what seems to be" so we re really uncertain whether or not he can move at the speed of light XD

I am not really an expert on Medaka Box. I have just read the series, and found it an extremely intelligent and interesting metaphysical dissection of plot conveniences, characterisation, and reader mindsets alike.

Anyway, I find it hard to see how All-Fiction, combined with Medaka's power-copying, and all of the likely hundreds of abilities that she already copied from Najimi wouldn't be able to take this quite easily.

@antcasima, well the main reason is due to izayoi's hax breaking and over-all physical supiriority, since we dont know how exactly izayoi's hax breaking works, other than the fact it is passive, it becomes really hard to figure out who would win...

and can medaka learn abilities that surpass her physical capabilities?

Apparently yes. She has copied powers that are far greater in scope than Izayoi's.

Although if you mean physical power, that is more uncertain. She stated that she couldn't copy Iihiko because he was some form of higher-dimensional entity, but he was only portrayed as a juggernaut that was immune to all powers used against him regardless of scale simply due to being a "main character". Medaka Box is sometimes hard to make sense of given its metafiction attributes. Everything within it builds on advanced symbolism.

If course, later in the manga she managed to physically defeat Iihiko anyway.

Antvasima said:
Apparently yes. She has copied powers that are far greater in scope than Izayoi's.
Although if you mean physical power, that is more uncertain. She stated that she couldn't copy Iihiko because he was some form of higher-dimensional entity, but he was only portrayed as a juggernaut that was immune to all powers used against him regardless of scale simply due to being a "main character". Medaka Box is sometimes hard to make sense of given its metafiction attributes. Everything within it builds on advanced symbolism.

If course, later in the manga she managed to physically defeat Iihiko anyway.
this battle is getting confusing XD but basically, if izayoi can hax break medaka's powers, izayoi wins, if he cant it comes down to who goes serious first... so who wins?

Well, Medaka has powers that are arguably far greater in scope than what is stated in Izayoi's profile, but I do not know anything about the latter character.

Antvasima said:
Well, Medaka has powers that are arguably far greater in scope than what is stated in Izayoi's profile, but I do not know anything about the latter character.
it is stated that he has the power to destroy the heavens and earth (stated not shown...) and we really dont know the full extent of his power... but able to casually stomp a beam which can petrify little garden (which is the size of a star) really tells us he can destroy a lot of powers...

it all comes down to the 2 questions of can izayoi break medaka's powers and who would go serious first if he cant...

Can Medaka resist the deadly curse?

Can Medaka moving if the time is stopped?

Can Medaka resist the divine spear that could bring the victory to the user by twisting the world around it and erase the target from the very existence?

Can Medaka keep fighting if her organs are punctured and her bones are chopped?

Note: Divine spirit,God,Demon Lord,Demon King are conceptual being that exist thorughout the infinite worlds

And Izayoi don't even care about them (But some strongest being such as Kouryuu,Azi Dahaka,Sun Wukong,Roc Demon King,Queen Halloween still stronger than Izayoi anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back