• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It's time for... stomp Simon vs The High Priest

Status
Not open for further replies.
If memory serves, it's 4 votes on Simon, 0 votes on HP, and 2 votes on inconclusive, right?

Edit: There should be something on the OP that displays the votes

Hmmm catching up on the thread and it looks like inconclusive. Simon can't get through HP's probability manipulation and HP can't down Simon.

Prove it yourself first if this "infinite" stuff in your arguments in claiming HP's probability manipulation being more impressive than Simon's is valid, if we determine the potent of said ability by how much percentage it could affect on making things possible/impossible, all "infinite" stuff in HP sounds like a range to me, and our page is never happen to explicit the number of affected the possibilities will increase its potency. Which both HP and Simon here have reached the pinnacle of probability manipulation via influencing probabilities on the levels of impossibilities and absolute outcomes, talking about scaling, all Tengen Toppa Brigade's trivialized Kittan's passive probability manipulation on making the impossible possible, and I'm not even talking about Simon and the Anti-Spiral, so it's arguable.
Think of it this way. Simon can turn a 0% possibility of his survival to 100% victory while a regular Magic God can turn all infinite of their possibilities to 100% passively. Fairy Spell is a power that set all of Othinus' infinite possibilities to 0% meaning she was only capable of 100% failure and as a Magic God she causally turned all infinite of these possibilities to 100% success. There's really no doubt on which is more versatile and greater in scale and this isn't even discussing the level of a true Magic God. Like posted above: "Having resistances to certain hax can help characters/things to withstand them, but only if the specific resistances are around the same scale as the hax being used against them, or better." Historically "scale" in this situation refers to % of certainty and # of possibilities, but foremost judged by which feat is more impressive. Like for example The Transcendence v Othinus match, the only one I can think of off the top where Magic God probability manipulation was cancelled out because both characters could control the set of infinite possibilities and thus had the same potency. But if we need more clarification on potency I can probably ask Bambu, Schnee, Dargoo or someone since this seems like the point of contention.

Think of it this way. Simon can turn a 0% possibility of his survival to 100% victory while a regular Magic God can turn all infinite of their possibilities to 100% passively. Fairy Spell is a power that set all of Othinus' infinite possibilities to 0% meaning she was only capable of 100% failure and as a Magic God she causally turned all infinite of these possibilities to 100% success. There's really no doubt on which is more versatile and greater in scale and this isn't even discussing the level of a true Magic God. Like posted above: "Having resistances to certain hax can help characters/things to withstand them, but only if the specific resistances are around the same scale as the hax being used against them, or better." Historically "scale" in this situation refers to % of certainty and # of possibilities, but foremost judged by which feat is more impressive. Like for example The Transcendence v Othinus match, the only one I can think of off the top where Magic God probability manipulation was cancelled out because both characters could control the set of infinite possibilities and thus had the same potency. But if we need more clarification on potency I can probably ask Bambu, Schnee, Dargoo or someone since this seems like the point of contention.
I still have opinions on why this is incorrect, but since we’re arguing in endless circles at this point, I would prefer to have it on that way.

I actually agree with Zensum on that personally

That said if Simon can't be affected by Othinus isn't this a stomp anyway?

I actually agree with Zensum on that personally

That said if Simon can't be affected by Othinus isn't this a stomp anyway?
Simon has Acausality type 2, any change to any other point in time is meaningless, as he only exists in one point. The only thing that truly matters is Probability Manipulation within the time he exists in, and Simon just passively cancels out the high priest's probability altering

I’m aware but if you’re probability Manip is that much stronger then there’s no reason it can’t simply be changed back

Type 2 still works though

I dislike discussions like this so just a real quick thing

It is my opinion that turning 1, 10,000, or infinite possibilities from 0 to 100% are all of equal potency without further context, and that the act of affecting more possibilities is more akin to range than actual potency. Thanks.

On the page "Stomp Thread", it is stated "Unlike a match which is decisive in one character's favor, stomp matches very rarely leave any room for debate, with their outcomes coming across as predictable to anyone with even cursory knowledge of the combatants and their abilities." This match may be one such match, it is not a stomp

On the page "Stomp Thread", it is stated "Unlike a match which is decisive in one character's favor, stomp matches very rarely leave any room for debate, with their outcomes coming across as predictable to anyone with even cursory knowledge of the combatants and their abilities." This match may be one such match, it is not a stomp
Ok, so what is HP's wincon? He cant interact with Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back