• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay here is the confusion I think, when he says forms of a second light, he's not implying a different spectrum entirely, look up "different forms of light" and you will get the ones on the spectrum. If they did exist in a different spectrum then seeing them as normal colors wouldn't even make sense as these colors are within the known spectrum not within an unknown spectrum. You're probably correct spirits would need to be of a higher frequency or lower but we don't have concrete evidence of such a thing and the wiki not establishing this isn't relevant here. Also idk how you can say spirits wouldn't be visible on any spectrum as all wavelengths would pass through them, when cursed spirits don't follow this yet a certain wavelength can't pass through them. This would make it more likely that ce and cs exist in the normal wavelength. And we would limit it to normal cameras that's whats shown. Kenjaku doesn't say all cameras though, he says "cameras", there's no reason to assume he's talking about different cameras as well.
But there IS no other wavelengths of light. They're stated to be a physical form of a different light that exists within the visible spectrum. That sounds like Kenjaku is implying they're part of a different light spectrum that intersects with the visible spectrum thus the people who have the ability to see in that spectrum see them as normal colors. And it is also relevant here given this is a versus thread that uses the profiles as they are for evidence in battles. Outside of the form, sure, we can come to a different conclusion. But if you're trying to claim a verdict on versus wiki, you need to follow its principles.

Why would other camera's not be included. This is argument from incredulity at this point. Kenjaku is informing the government on why Cursed Spirits can't be viewed by humans at all. Thermal camera's are so common they make kid toys with them, people hosting a Cursed Spirit that leeches off of them are common, and it's not hard to imagine many consulting doctors only for nothing to be found. If sightings of Cursed Spirits were common due to so many different types of camera's being able to capture them, they would've been FAR more well-known with precautions being implemented in societies to deal with them. But outside of the government, there's hardly any mentions of Cursed Spirits. It seems asinine to assume that the Cursed Spirits are ONLY invisible to standard phone camera's and not other common camera's. Otherwise Cursed Spirits would've been talked about frequently in Japan's populace.

So i have 2 question for who that voting gojou in here

1. Can he resist tsukuyomi or izanami or kotoamatsukami???

2. Can infinity affect a soul and is gojou resist soul manipulation??? Because if he not, totsuka blade can just seal his soul, and itachi win

I'm voting Itachi since Genjutsu is his starting move. I'm sure Itachi casts genjutsu faster than Gojo casts his moves.

This is a battle that whoever hits first wins. The starting distance is 4 kilometers should favour Itachi more than Gojo I guess?

A.) AP difference means nothing to limitless. So until it's proved to bypass such, it doesn't mean much. Especially given one of the strongest Amaterasu users couldn't even bypass a simple chakra cloak.
B.) Amaterasu does not insta kill. It kills through prolonged exposure, especially if we are talking about the MS version. Killer Bee escaped, Sasuke escaped (several times), and others have been saved. Gojo has all of the tools to easily escape Amaterasu if it hit him including speed, teleportation, sensing/enhanced sight, attraction/repel, and DA/RCT to nullify/heal for worse case scenario (such as what Ei did vs Amaterasu), where as all of those people did not. Heck, Karin sat there burning for a hot minute and was no where near close to death. Amaterasu is a death sentence if you can't remove the flames .
Even though the Amaterasu takes time to disintegrate,
This is a 7-A durability at most vs an island level attack,
Gojo will be one shot.

any Naruto supporters wanan comment on this?

A.) AP difference means nothing to limitless. So until it's proved to bypass such, it doesn't mean much. Especially given one of the strongest Amaterasu users couldn't even bypass a simple chakra cloak.

Even though the Amaterasu takes time to disintegrate,
This is a 7-A durability at most vs an island level attack,
Gojo will be one shot.

any Naruto supporters wanan comment on this?
Gojo is never being hit.

Stop ignoring arguments and just making claims, you are not arguing in good faith.

I literally just proved to you why he'd be fine, and I hope you know that Gojo himself is also soon to be island-level lmao. Your own arguments doesn't even make sense unless you are saying Hebi Sasuke, Karin, and a random samurai fodder are also island level.

Edit: You still have yet to add my vote lol

I'm voting Itachi since Genjutsu is his starting move. I'm sure Itachi casts genjutsu faster than Gojo casts his moves.

This is a battle that whoever hits first wins. The starting distance is 4 kilometers should favour Itachi more than Gojo I guess?
Genjutsu working has already been debunked.

Limitless is also passive so Gojo does not need to activate it at the start of the fight.

I'm also not sure how you think 4 km would benefit Itachi > Gojo. Gojo has the narutoverse equivalent of Byakugan, can fly, see Itachi through cover, and teleport. Not to mention he can use Blue and Red to toy with Itachi across the map. Itachi has no counter to a hollow purple from range in the air, and his defense would likely be Susano, which gets deleted.

Gojo is never being hit.

Stop ignoring arguments and just making claims, you are not arguing in good faith.

I literally just proved to you why he'd be fine, and I hope you know that Gojo himself is also soon to be island-level lmao. Your own arguments doesn't even make sense unless you are saying Hebi Sasuke, Karin, and a random samurai fodder are also island level.

Edit: You still have yet to add my vote lol
The infinity doesn’t travel
What arguments did I ignore? I just stated the facts.
If Itachi spawns Amateratsu on Gojos head, how is he going to avoid that?
Every time Amateratsu is used, it’s mostly always on a chakra cloak or clothing.
Along with this, Sasuke’s Amateratsu is much weaker than Itachis.
Sasukes Amateratsu has been shown to travel, and is implied to be weaker from that.
Genjutsu working has already been debunked.

Limitless is also passive so Gojo does not need to activate it at the start of the fight.

I'm also not sure how you think 4 km would benefit Itachi > Gojo. Gojo has the narutoverse equivalent of Byakugan, can fly, see Itachi through cover, and teleport. Not to mention he can use Blue and Red to toy with Itachi across the map. Itachi has no counter to a hollow purple from range in the air, and his defense would likely be Susano, which gets deleted.
Can you provide proof of the bodies domain applying to things other than cursed technique? That response from Gege was in the contexts against Hanami and his cursed technique.

Every time Amateratsu is used, it’s mostly always on a chakra cloak or clothing.
Sasukes Amateratsu has been shown to travel, and is implied to be weaker from that.

Can you provide proof of the bodies domain applying to things other than cursed technique? That response from Gege was in the contexts against Hanami and his cursed technique.
Amaterasu seems to have to travel here

What does this mean?
Literally all of my arguments lmao? I've sourced direct proof against everything you've claimed and you have not once addressed any of my evidence lol.
This is my case and point right here. I literally answered this and even provided you scans.
A.) Gojo is not getting hit due to limitless.
B.) Gojo can teleport the flames away or repel them just as Nagato did.
C.) Gojo can flicker away before he is actually caught on fire similar to how Ei and sasuke did.
D.) Gojo literally has six eyes to see the chakra build up and analyze his technique.

Also, you should already know the outcome as I literally cited Jogo doing the same thing to Gojo as an example of why Amaterasu isn't doing anything.
And what does that tell you you Uzukeas? lol.
No it's not, Sasuke is the one who actually has Enton control while Itachi only has basic Amaterasu, and in several of those instances Sasuke had EMS. Stop capping.
I literally linked you several panels of Itachi's travelling. All of which you promptly ignored to make this post.
CE and chakra are equalized my guy. Not that it would matter but yeah here is the databook

Juryoku Q: If I can make a plant into shape with magic power, then if the enemy doesn't move, would it be possible to make a tree branch materialize in the heart, etc.? The inside of the body is like a certain realm, so I use A Hanamita Tree, which seems to have been done to Fushiguro, and strengthen and manipulate the real tree.

Also votes claiming that itachi can use his pre-cog to dodge all of Gojo's techniques should be invalidated. It's eplxictly shown that Sharingan "pre-cog" works by reading the moves of opponents and creating a trajectory of of movement based on analyzing micromovements. It is not actual pre-cog that would help against non physical things and even then it is no where near perfect.

If Itachi doesn't really have prior knowledge of Gojo, I don't think he'd immediately open the fight with the Yata mirror

CE and chakra are equalized my guy. Not that it would matter but yeah here is the databook
I’m gonna reply to your entire post later today,
But chakra and CE aren’t equalised, there’s no verse equalisation in this match up.
Also, your proof doesn’t really hold up. The official translation used on VSBW says cursed energy, not technique.
So genjutsu would also be a valid option lol

Another thing I would like to note; being able to see esoteric things such as life-force or spirits (or anything esoteric) wouldn't mean you can see things that are invisible due to scientific phenomena such as existing between wavelengths of light not perceptible to the normal human eye.

They would need the ability to see all wavelengths of light on the spectrum (Such as X-Ray, Ultraviolet, Microwaves, Radiowaves, etc.), and even then that may not be enough since Cursed Spirits are described as another light entirely.

Cursed Spirits are invisible either due to them being made of abstract feelings/fear, because they exist as an entirely unique wavelength of light, or perhaps both. It's likely the latter based on Geto's explanation on the profile, but it could possibly be the result of the two. Either way, you'd need a feat of being able to perceive every wavelength of light including ones not included in the currently known ones.
Boss, Sharingan can look into the images in people's minds i.e. people's memories.
I don't think CE is much of anything to Itachi.

In-verse, the only thing Sharingan can't see are;
1. energy and objects that exist in their separate physical dimensions/space like Madara's Limbo or kamui.
2. Energy of inanimate objects i.e. natural energy.
From explanation, CE doesn't qualify as either. You can disprove.

Last edited:
Doesn't Genjutsu needs a travel to reach an opponent? Genjutsu is a manipulation of chakra in brain, so the user need to send the chakra into opponent's brain, doesn' it?
Genjutsu is not a physical technique. The so-called "travel" is going from one mind/consciousness to another mind/consciousness provided both eyes are locked. The chakra assumes a Yin state. And virtual spaces don't matter, since tailed beasts have been genjutsu'd from mental spaces inside jinchuriki.

How does Infinity fare against mental attacks?

Genjutsu is not a physical technique. The so-called "travel" is going from one mind/consciousness to another mind/consciousness provided both eyes are locked.
How does Infinity fare against mental attacks?
It is still physical because chakra is the conduit for this process, which is why most genjutsu require some sort of stimulus trigger to activate in the opponents nervous system. Limitless can block the abstract nature of cursed energy so chakra is not bypassing limitless, especially with concept type 2 defenses.

It is still physical because chakra is the conduit for this process, which is why most genjutsu require some sort of stimulus trigger to activate in the opponents nervous system. Limitless can block the abstract nature of cursed energy so chakra is not bypassing limitless, especially with concept type 2 defenses.
Boss, chakra has two components, yin and yang (spiritual and physical), and can exist in either state. Chakra doesn't always manifest physically. Genjutsu takes on a yin form (spiritual) form.

Boss, chakra has two components, yin and yang (spiritual and physical), and can exist in either state. Chakra doesn't always manifest physically. Genjutsu takes on a yin form (spiritual) form.
Yin chakra is the manipulation type boss it still has to materilize in the world. We know this because Shikamaru could interact with tayuya's Yin constructs with shuriken and explosive tags.

Mind you, Gojo's limitless is conceptual my guy. Cursed energy is also inherently abstract and can materialize physically like chakra, so Yin chakra is not bypassing limitless.

Last edited:
Yin chakra is the manipulation type boss it still has to materilize in the world. We know this because Shikamaru could interact with tayuya's Yin constructs with shuriken and explosive tags.

Mind you, Gojo's limitless is conceptual my guy. Cursed energy is also inherently abstract and can materialize physically like chakra, so Yin chakra is not bypassing limitless.
Disimilar comparison with Tayuya. When Yin materializes it means it has switched some of its characteristics to Yang nature, which makes it seen in the first place. And that Tayuya's attack is a summoning, not genjutsu. She uses genjutsu to control the three materialized spirits.

Genjutsu doesn't materialize unless it's something understandable like Izanagi which alters reality. Like no one (even with dojutsu) has seen invisible chakra flowing from person to person. This headcanon physically travelling genjutsu needs to end.

Conceptual in what sense? What are its feats and applications that make it affect mental attacks?

Disimilar comparison with Tayuya. When Yin materializes it means it has switched its characteristics to Yang nature, which makes it seen in the first place. And that Tayuya's attack is a summoning, not genjutsu. She uses genjutsu to control the three materialized spirits.
No it hasn't, you literally just made this up. The technique's own mechanics state it is purely yin chakra comparable to shadow style, and that because they are almost all spiritual energy, they need to feed on physical energy to sustain themselves.
Genjutsu doesn't materialize unless it's something understandable like Izanagi which alters reality.
Yes it does, that is the whole reason as to why people need to inject their Yin chakra into a sensory trigger (sound, light, eye contact, etc). There is still a transmission of yin chakra into the medium which then enters the opponent's brain and allows for remote manipulation of their experience. This is Naruto 101.
Like no one (even with dojutsu) has seen invisible chakra flowing from person to person. This headcanon physically travelling genjutsu needs to end.
What are you talking about? Shikamaru and Itachi both deduced that tayuya's sound carries genjutsu, Team Hebi saw through Shi's light genjutsu, etc. Sharingan users can also distinctly tell that someone is under genjutsu by reading their chakra.

So genjutsu isn't doing anything if it cannot be propogated to reach Gojo.
Conceptual in what sense? What are its feats and applications that make it affect mental attacks?
Mental effects still run on chakra. Chakra needs to reach Gojo. Limitless is not letting it.

Also, Idk if you know this but, Cursed energy is literally mental/abstract in nature.

Conceptual in the sense that the concept of infinity is barring anything from converging with Gojo in an infinite space ruled by his ability. Foreign chakra is never invading his system.

Isn’t izanagi able to warp reality?
If Itachi is bloodlusted, why won’t he just warp the reality of infinity lol,

Isn’t izanagi able to warp reality?
If Itachi is bloodlusted, why won’t he just warp the reality of infinity lol,
A.) Itachi has Izanami which has no benefit here and can't be used on Gojo.
B.) Izanagi is used defensively to erase a cause to the self, not to reality warp other people.
C.) Naruto has no feats of affecting concepts, so Gojo's infinity is a higher hax.

No it hasn't, you literally just made this up. The technique's own mechanics state it is purely yin chakra comparable to shadow style, and that because they are almost all spiritual energy, they need to feed on physical energy to sustain themselves.
Didn't make anything up.
In your scan, Shikamaru described them as mass-less ethereal chakra, imbued with spiritual/yin energy, not that they are entirely yin energy. Their body makeup is chakra - physical and spiritual energy, but are further imbued with spiritual energy from Tayuya. That spiritual energy from Tayuya is probably the genjutsu itself.
Yes it does, that is the whole reason as to why people need to inject their Yin chakra into a sensory trigger (sound, light, eye contact, etc). There is still a transmission of yin chakra into the medium which then enters the opponent's brain and allows for remote manipulation of their experience. This is Naruto 101
What are you talking about? Shikamaru and Itachi both deduced that tayuya's sound carries genjutsu, Team Hebi saw through Shi's light genjutsu, etc. Sharingan users can also distinctly tell that someone is under genjutsu by reading their chakra.
I was talking about sharingan-specific illusions in physical travel.
If your claim is that the Sharingan illusion requires a physical medium like natural light to be propagated, I don't think so. And it's not as if Gojo is invisible to natural light. Natural light still bounces off his body.

I wouldn't believe that Itachi can't cast genjutsu in the absence of light. The Sharingan itself is glowing, and Itachi can see invisible targets with energy. Plus, the fact that Kotoamatsukami requires no eye contact triggers.
It's not like there is no case where chakra can't just spawn directly on the target without traveling. Or even affect space-time directly.

So genjutsu isn't doing anything if it cannot be propogated to reach Gojo.

Mental effects still run on chakra. Chakra needs to reach Gojo. Limitless is not letting it.
Limitless is not blocking genjutsu.
Also, Idk if you know this but, Cursed energy is literally mental/abstract in nature.

Conceptual in the sense that the concept of infinity is barring anything from converging with Gojo in an infinite space ruled by his ability. Foreign chakra is never invading his system.
What are the feats first? Because Limitless has been described as sifting through mass, shapes, etc. to identify what is dangerous to Gojo. Those are not spiritual/mental measurements.

Last edited:
Back