• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocker1189 said:
RavenSupreme said:
So where has Itachi ever affected more than 1 person?
Someone link me the thread and the conclusions.
Like I said he scales way above someone who affected an entire stadium his is single target based however.
Wait so he has not affected more than 1 person himself? And suddenly we also scale mindtwist like its physical prowess?

That sounds very wrong.

Not had this happened to multiple people but it even tricked Inuyasha's senses who are >>>>> to everyone elses.

Well done @Dragon, another mindhax thread.

@Raven Because Twisting Tectonic or Cosmic threads isn't impressive ic they have a cosmic threads

By the way

>Unnamed Fodders

There's no difference between a fodder and a 5B who has zero resistance to mindhax.

RavenSupreme said:
Wait so he has not affected more than 1 person himself? And suddenly we also scale mindtwist like its physical prowess?

That sounds very wrong.
It is because in verse his genjutsu is noted to be the very strongest one not counting redicukous ones liek Kotomatsu/Izanami/and IT and also reality warping genjutsu like Izanagi.

RavenSupreme said:
Sounds pretty weird to me. It would mean quantity is more important than quality. Someone who mindtwists unnamed fodders is suddenly > than someone who deals with tectonic or even cosmic threads via mindtwisting?

Whats the take on that?
That was something else that was brought up and it was hax is hax if the person shows no resistant they are just as unresistant as unnamed fodder.

Hst master said:
Not had this happened to multiple people but it even tricked Inuyasha's senses who are >>>>> to everyone elses.
Senses dont matter Inuyasha has to show resistance for that to be considered.

I actually really hate the way we rate mind hax. Imo the fact that Itachi can mind **** people who resist mind **** sounds much impressive than being superior than someone who mind ****** a bunch of fodder. ( Especially if the fodder don't even have a resistance to mind hax to begin with. )

Gargoyle One said:
Well done @Dragon, another mindhax thread.
@Raven Because Twisting Tectonic or Cosmic threads isn't impressive ic they have a cosmic threads

By the way

>Unnamed Fodders

There's no difference between a fodder and a 5B who has zero resistance to mindhax.
You dont understand what I mean. It is clear that Narakus quality of Illusion is stronger, since it works on more levels than Itachis does. I just showed the scans. Mind. Body. Soul.

Whereas Itachis does not.

Arguing that Sesshoumaru, who resisted Narakus Mind, Body, Soul illusions will NOT resist Itachis, simply because Itachi can (via scaling, not that he has himself done it) extent his inferior level of Illusion to more people lacks any foundation, since the potency does not suddenly increase.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I actually really hate the way we rate mind hax. Imo the fact that Itachi can mind **** people who resist mind **** sounds much impressive than being superior than someone who mind ****** a bunch of fodder. ( Especially if the fodder don't even have a resistance to mind hax to begin with. )
I mean he did both lol.

And yeah I dont like the current way either but whatever.

RavenSupreme said:
You dont understand what I mean. It is clear that Narakus quality of Illusion is stronger, since it works on more levels than Itachis does. I just showed the scans. Mind. Body. Soul.

Arguing that Sesshoumaru, who resisted Narakus Mind, Body, Soul illusions will NOT resist Itachis, simply because Itachi can (via scaling, not that he has himself done it) extent his inferior level of Illusion to more people lacks any foundation, since the potency does not suddenly increase.
It is inferior because it did not affect the soul?

Dude for 1, as already said Itachi's illusion is >>>>>Kabutos we know that in universe.

For 2 Itachi's illusions can mind **** people to death because they died in said illusion.

Just becasue it did not affect the soul does not make it inferior in quality.

Also, Naraku oviously also mindtwists people who are usually resistant to Illusions, namely Kagome. Thats nothing which Itachi has over him.

Rocker1189 said:
RavenSupreme said:

It is inferior because it did not affect the soul?
Dude for 1, as already said Itachi's illusion is >>>>>Kabutos we know that in universe.

For 2 Itachi's illusions can mind **** people to death because they died in said illusion.

Just becasue it did not affect the soul does not make it inferior in quality.
How can you claim that something, which operates on lesser levels than another thing is not inferior in quality? What is your argument for that?

Hst master said:
Also wasn't it just that Kakashi and co. dispelled it before Nirvana took effect NOT simply resisting?
Itachi affected jinchurikki stated to be able to shrug off genjutsu. His genjutsu is enough to beat people with resistance. Normally when people try to mind hax Naruto he ends up straight up beating them up in his mind Itachis just bypasses it like nothing.

Gargoyle One said:
I feel like Knight is reffering to some characters here.

Not referring to any characters in particular really but just the way we treat mind hax in general. As for this topic, I think I understand what RavenSupreme means. So Itachi would be able to resist two aspects of Naru's mind hax but he wouldn't be able to resist the Soul attacking aspect, or at least that's what I'm getting out of it.

RavenSupreme said:
How can you claim that something, which operates on lesser levels than another thing is not inferior in quality? What is your argument for that?
Because said thing has a feat of killing someone just by making them see their death in their mind? Said thing creates a space in the person's head where everything is controlled by the user.

RavenSupreme said:
Also, Naraku oviously also mindtwists people who are usually resistant to Illusions, namely Kagome. Thats nothing which Itachi has over him.
One I just told you example of people(jinchuriki) resistant to genjutsus that Itachi completely mind haxxed and are much stronger than Kagome and two Kagome does not have any resistance on her profile again.

Sharingan Genjutsu is obviously based on potency, like KS for example. Not on how many people it affects at once.

I mean, how do you intend to mind hax dozens to hundreds of people at once when your ability is based on eye contact?

Rocker1189 said:
RavenSupreme said:
Because said thing has a feat of killing someone just by making them see their death in their mind? Said thing creates a space in the person's head where everything is controlled by the user.
So he attacked the mind and at the same time the body dies as well? Thats Mind and body being affected by the Illusion.

Pretty much the same as what Naraku did.

Only that when he shows the enemies their death in their mind their soul is affected as well.

Pretty dry and cut.

Not referring to any characters in particular really but just the way we treat mind hax in general. As for this topic, I think I understand what RavenSupreme means. So Itachi would be able to resist two aspects of Naru's mind hax but he wouldn't be able to resist the Soul attacking aspect, or at least that's what I'm getting out of it.
He is saying Itachi's would be resisted because ist does not affect the soul.

RavenSupreme said:
So he attacked the mind and at the same time the body dies as well? Thats Mind and body being affected by the Illusion.

Only that when he shows the enemies their death in their mind their soul is affected as well.

Pretty dry and cut.
Yeah and it is not as potent as Itachi's based on how we rate things in the wiki pretty dry and cut too.

Rocker1189 said:
RavenSupreme said:

Pretty dry and cut.
Yeah and it is not as potent as Itachi's based on how we rate things in the wiki pretty dry and cut too.
Can you show me that rule / that thread where this was agreed upon?

RavenSupreme said:
Deserves a revision definetly.
Until said revision is through this is pretty heavilyy in Itachi's favour were he has also affected Jinchuriki that are automatically resistant to genjutsu.

Gargoyle One said:
I feel like Knight is reffering to some characters here.

I just wanted to showcase the potency of Narakus Illusions and on how many levels they work, so that people understand Sesshoumaru, who resisted Narakus Illusions can resists Itachis as well.

Now its no longer about this battle but a general thread how we deal with Mindhax.

Itachi affected jinchurikki stated to be able to shrug off genjutsu. His genjutsu is enough to beat people with resistance. Normally when people try to mind hax Naruto he ends up straight up beating them up in his mind Itachis just bypasses it like nothing.

What? Naruto has gotten hit with Genjutsu or Ocular abilities several times by Nirvana, Yura Itachi, and surpressed by Sasuke

A Jinchuriki can only shake off Genjutsu IF the respectively Tailed Beast is willing to agitate their Chakra, something Kurama never did.

Naraku even points out they'd have died soon enough so idk why you keep bringing up Tsukuyomi killing someone

Hst master said:
What? Naruto has gotten hit with Genjutsu or Ocular abilities several times by Nirvana, Yura Itachi, and surpressed by Sasuke

A Jinchuriki can only shake off Genjutsu IF the respectively Tailed Beast is willing to agitate their Chakra, something Kurama never did.

Naraku even points out they'd have died soon enough so idk why you keep bringing up Tsukuyomi killing someone
As a genjutsu Itachi's is way better that Obito who mind hax Yugito that had perfect control over his tailed beast.

I am talking about the Itachi shinden novel(which is canon) where he shows Izumi a good life with him until she grows old and dies in the genjutsu then she drops dead from that.

Obito never mind haxed Yugito

And I never said Itachi couldn't kill with Tsukuyomi but that Naraku's can kill as well.

Hst master said:
Obito never mind haxed Yugito
And I never said Itachi couldn't kill with Tsukuyomi but that Naraku's can kill as well.
I meant Yagura it was my mistake.

Oh ok read that wrong but Itachi's literally compressed an entire lifetime in a billionth of a second it is much much faster.

I just want to say I am also confused... Sesshomura does not seem immune to it, rather he seems to be smelling his way to whoever he is looking for.

And to boot it's more likely that it wasn't that Isobu couldn't shake Yagura out of the Genjutsu but was being mindhax as well or surpressed like Sasuke did.

Hst master said:
And to boot it's more likely that it wasn't that Isobu couldn't shake Yagura out of the Genjutsu but was being mindhax as well or surpressed like Sasuke did.
Without evidence we cant assume that.

He can use scent as yet another means to distinguish reality from Illusion. Shikon Naraku who targets the mind directly is what he resisted automaticaly, whereas InuYasha got affected - multiple times.

Also can you now link me the thread where you agree that quantitiy is > quality in terms of mindtwist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back