• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Honestly, it'd be hard to make a good moveset for Sans anyway.

Combat mechanics wise, he focuses on denying the opponent invincibility frames with a constant string of attacks and lingering damage, as well as dodging. A glass cannon with really long, hard to block attacks.

His Gaster Blasters are too iconic and ubiquitous for his moveset to omit, but what would you do?

They're somewhat wide, long beams that can be fired in seemingly any direction, & rapid fire at that.

Make them not flinch the opponent? Now you have an aimable version of Fox's blaster, that probably gets more distance.

Make them ignore shields? Good heavens the spam, but maybe.

Make Sans have super armor while firing them, since in Undertale, the point of ignoring invincibility frames is so the continuous string of attacks isn't interrupted; Flinching/Knockback would also interrupt that, but this might be frustrating to deal with.

I guess for recovery you could make him teleport, but we never see him do it, so what does it look like?

I guess a Down B could be a Counter Attack of Sans pretending to offer a hug that triggers a bone cage attack if an opponent steps into range of his "hug"

And whichever special is free is a bone projectile?

Then you make him a slow-moving, low jumping (We don't see Sans run, nor jump much, & he seems to be fat & a bit well into adulthood, considering his scientific background.) super lightweight with fast, low knockback, hitstun & damage attacks?

Kinda like a much less agile Game & Watch but very projectile focused I guess.

I'm not even sure it'd be that good, & this doesn't cover the A Button moves. Plus, what do you do for Pummel? Recycle the Bone Cage? I guess Grab could have the opponent appear in a bullet board & the pummel throws them to a wall, & the throws throw them to a wall of the bullet board, but have the Bullet Board disappear before they reach it, so that they fly off like a typical throw?

Not sure how fit for Smash Sans is.

Back