• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with True godly regen

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Many 1-As have true godly regen slapped on them without any kind of justification. These are just a few:

Warhammer's.

Masada's.

Lovecraft's

DC's

Point here is, why do so many 1-As have true godly regen? Did every single one of them survive 1-A complete destruction? And by 1-A destruction I mean actually being destroyed along a 1-A structure and not simply regenerating from a 1-A attacking them (afaik on the level they are regenerating from that is mere low godly, because, well, both are 1-As).

All the above and whoever else has True godly regen should have an explanation regarding the origin of said regen added to their profiles.

Since when do Marvel 1As have True Godly?

I mean they should considering they literally tanked a dimensionless collapse but they don't have it ion their page

Whoops. I could have sworm Oblivion had it. My bad. Removing them.

Warhammer's 1-As have it since the emperor could erase a soul to the point the chaos gods could not bring it back, but chaos and the emperor cant kill each other

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Warhammer's 1-As have it since the emperor could erase a soul to the point the chaos gods could not bring it back, but chaos and the emperor cant kill each other
Thats not a regen feat.

Chaos Gods are beyond the ability of the Emperor to permanently deal with, even if he's "stronger". As for Lovecraft, pretty sure a load of them have an existence perpetuated by Azathoth or something.

PaChi2 makes a good point.

Should we highlight this thread?

@PaChi2

This is a rather important issue, but if we highlight the thread and make it open for everybody, the discussion will probably turn bloated and unmanageable. Would it be acceptable it I move it to the staff forum first?

Antvasima said:
@PaChi2

This is a rather important issue, but if we highlight the thread and make it open for everybody, the discussion will probably turn bloated and unmanageable. Would it be acceptable it I move it to the staff forum first?
I think we need as many knowledgeable users as possible, I will simply highlight this and if things go wrong... Well, move it.

So let me get this straight: simply being erased on a level that is beyond the concept of dimension is not True Godly?

Well, since being erased on a higher-dimensional level is supposedly not enough for High-Godly, perhaps True Godly should also require being erased alongside a dimensionless/outerversal realm. I am likely misunderstanding the OP, though.

My concern is that this will remove True Godly from a lot of characters. This may not really be that significant due to 1-A matches not being allowed to be added, but it still worries me that we're downgrading the healing factor of several characters. Why? I do not know.

Besides, I'm not really sure if to automatically give any 1-A high-Godly regen:

I know that it's because they are superior to any type of dimensional structure and their destruction... But such an erasure shouldn't affect them in the first place.

I don't think True Godly should automatically be slapped onto any 1-A

Masada's 1-As though, all the LDO have it by virtue of Gladshiemr being able to bring them back even if they are erased at that level, and I think everyone else scale to Yakou Madara, who I believe came back after being erased by the 1-A Tenma Ootake / Machina by "killing" his own concept of death.

I'm not sure why they scale seeing as that was Yakou's special power to kill everything, but they do.

Monarch is right.

Let 's say a verse has a 11-D multiverse + outerversal shenanigans, right? Well, there's two feats here.

A. Character regenerates from having the totality of his existence erased alongside the totality of the multiverse.

B. Character that regenerates from having the totality of his existence erased along with the multiverse including its outerversal background.

Character A has High-Godly. Character B has True-Godly.

Monarch Laciel said:
I don't think True Godly should automatically be slapped onto any 1-A

Masada's 1-As though, all the LDO have it by virtue of Gladshiemr being able to bring them back even if they are erased at that level, and I think everyone else scale to Yakou Madara, who I believe came back after being erased by the 1-A Tenma Ootake / Machina by "killing" his own concept of death.

I'm not sure why they scale seeing as that was Yakou's special power to kill everything, but they do.
I agree with Monarch

True-Godly can be apply to every 1-A or higher chars. 1-A chars are beyond all normal concepts, meaning "regen" and "erase" have no real meaning to them. Why can't a character that literally beyond the concept of "regen" have True-Godly Regen. Unless we change the description them to work with Hyperdimensional characters, True-Godly is qualified!

Not all 1-A characters are behind all "normal concepts", and "normal concepts" is a really weird and vague term, why do they HAVE to be beyond "regen" in all its possible incarnations, but they're not beyond "power"?

Agnaa said:
Not all 1-A characters are behind all "normal concepts", and "normal concepts" is a really weird and vague term, why do they HAVE to be beyond "regen" in all its possible incarnations, but they're not beyond "power"?
They're beyond "power".

TrueBK98 said:
They're beyond "power".
Then they'd all be omnipotent, but they're clearly not.

I just realized that he mistaking High-Godly with True-Godly. True-Godly is basically regen after getting "erase" by something simillar but beyond normal concepts.

TrueBK98 said:
They have their own version of our concepts. Mean they have the concept of "Power" but not what we think "Power" is.
Sure, but then true-godly would be their own concept of regen that's different from how we think of regen.

They aren't beyond any possible permutation or analogue of regen, but they are beyond conventional regen.

No no no. Let's not act like 1-A is some totally incomprehensible thing. 1-A is just transcendence to all concepts of physics. So "power" (unless we're talking about scientific power), is exactly as we understand it.

Has nothing to do with being beyond reality and all that. YHVH is beyond reality and he is not 1-A. So please guys, stop discussing the mechanics of 1-A, it's far more complex than most people think but also far simpler than what you're describing.

Don't underestimate a human's capability to observe and understand.

AnonymousBlank said:
He did say "beyond normal concepts".
And I did say that that doesn't necessarily apply to all 1-As. 1-As are just beyond dimensionality, not beyond concepts as a whole.

But even if they were, I don't see why even those who are "above concepts" would necessarily have to be able to regenerate from attacks that are "above concepts". They'd only be able to regen from attacks confined to "normal concepts".

I literally explained True Godly and how it compares to High Godly, and Monarch explained how a 1-A would have True Godly and how not all 1-As have it. Why is this still being discussed? We need to discuss what to do with Marvel and who is going to add the justifications to the profiles of Masadaverse, 40K etc. that need it.

I'm talking about the concept "Reality". It's true that 1-A can have different variants, but we can't denide that they can't be fully understand.

Agnaa said:
AnonymousBlank said:
He did say "beyond normal concepts".
And I did say that that doesn't necessarily apply to all 1-As. 1-As are just beyond dimensionality, not beyond concepts as a whole.
But even if they were, I don't see why even those who are "above concepts" would necessarily have to be able to regenerate from attacks that are "above concepts". They'd only be able to regen from attacks confined to "normal concepts".
Oh! I thought we're talking about all 1-A characters who have regen, not all 1-A characters. Sorry about that!

But that has nothing to do with this discussion. True Godly is recovery from 1-A background blah blah erasure. It's like when Reinhard and Mercurius destroy the Throne World in their fight, yet they both come back. That's True Godly. Not only the Multiverse was destroyed (which is just a part of Merc's body), but the beyond dimensional Throne as well.

The mechanics of 1-A are not what PaChi is having problems with, it's the lack of justification of profiles and as Monarch said some of them don't need True Godly to begin with.

Sera Loveheart said:
But that has nothing to do with this discussion. True Godly is recovery from 1-A background blah blah erasure. It's like when Reinhard and Mercurius destroy the Throne World in their fight, yet they both come back. That's True Godly. Not only the Multiverse was destroyed (which is just a part of Merc's body), but the beyond dimensional Throne as well.
The mechanics of 1-A are not what PaChi is having problems with, it's the lack of justification of profiles and as Monarch said some of them don't need True Godly to begin with.
I missunderstood of what we're talking about.

Back