• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with True godly regen

Gargoyle One said:
Since when do Marvel 1As have True Godly?
I mean they should considering they literally tanked a dimensionless collapse but they don't have it ion their page
Why is tanking something considered as Regenerationn on this site anyway? Tanking a collapse is not Regenerationn, it is durability. I see 4D beings get mid godly regen for surviving the destruction of a timeline despite there being no evidence of them having their existence erased.

Why is tanking something considered as Regenerationn on this site anyway? Tanking a collapse is not Regenerationn, it is durability. I see 4D beings get mid godly regen for surviving the destruction of a timeline despite there being no evidence of them having their existence erased.

Characters such as????

Sera Loveheart said:
I literally explained True Godly and how it compares to High Godly, and Monarch explained how a 1-A would have True Godly and how not all 1-As have it. Why is this still being discussed? We need to discuss what to do with Marvel and who is going to add the justifications to the profiles of Masadaverse, 40K etc. that need it.
I agree with this.

Lancer45man Animdude is one of them. I think chara as well although i think she has different reasons too. im not sure if there are others.

Chara is High Godly if they can come back after the game is destroyed. There's no outerversal shenanigans in Undertale to have True Godly.

but she doesnt have high godly anyway lol. But my main point is that a lot of godly regens seem to be feats of tanking something rather than actually regenerating from a certain level of destruction.

Chara is mid godly, not high godly. Mid Godly is apparently when your soul, mind, and body is reduced to nothing. Just to clarify it should be Low Godly for Chara if it wasn't for the reliant immorality I believe. I believe Azzy will explain it better in my place due to my limited interaction and my mental health still needs to recover for a bit.

That's correct. I just gave an example for high godly and why it's not true godly, which is the entire point of this thread. So yeah make a CRT for Undertale stuff.

As for keeping High-Goldy for every 1-A who hasn't true godly? I know you've explained this in other threads, but it still kind of confuses me.

1-As having high-godly has nothing to do with this thread.

Im simply asking that people knowledgeable on the 1-As with True godly write down the justification (if there is any) that should be in their profiles accompanying the Regenerationn (like almost every -godly level regenerator).

i.e Regenerationn (low godly, regenerated from the soul after having their body erased)

Same but with True-godly.

The problem with having High Godly regen for all 1-As is because we have no evidence that they won't tank attacks that comes from the same "levels" of 1-As nor do we have evidence they will able to tank and/or regen from attacks that is on the same "level" as the 1-A itself. While we are at this, I will do some research regarding metaphysics and philosophy along with other thing despite my mental health. We can not prove a 1-A can or can not tank from a attack on the same level. Basically it is a mystery we can not solve to a extent. Evidence of absence is in this case stem from lack of evidence. Of course that doesn't mean it will applied to all cases. As one will say, it will be a case by case basic.

Each verses and its cosmologies has unique properties that distinguish from one another while at the same, they do have similarities. However as one might say, the concepts and other things used in one series might not be same in another series as they most likely will be influenced by different aspects and ways of philosophy and metaphysics applied.

The theory of forms being a example even though it can be argued we not prove the theory is correct or not and as such we know it will not applied to any series for that matter. As one will say, everything can be subjective while trying to be objectively is nearly impossible.

The point is we should encourage flexibility to ensure we make certain of the cases being used is accurate.

Quite frankly our tiering system isn't entirely dependent on Geometry, but that is me being off-topic.

In any case, I can agree with Sera regarding Marvel as we don't have enough to know if they should have True-Godly regen or not.

As Sera said:

We need to discuss what to do with Marvel and who is going to add the justifications to the profiles of Masadaverse, 40K etc. that need it.

Meaning, we have to start working out practical solutions.

PaChi2 said:
Many 1-As have true godly regen slapped on them without any kind of justification. These are just a few:
Warhammer's.

Masada's.

Lovecraft's

DC's

Point here is, why do so many 1-As have true godly regen? Did every single one of them survive 1-A complete destruction? And by 1-A destruction I mean actually being destroyed along a 1-A structure and not simply regenerating from a 1-A attacking them (afaik on the level they are regenerating from that is mere low godly, because, well, both are 1-As).

All the above and whoever else has True godly regen should have an explanation regarding the origin of said regen added to their profiles.
So I'm curious, but what is your opinion of the Djinn from wishmaster? According to him, he has godly Regenerationn, though it hasn't been proven. Also, these are the first two films, not the shitty sequels after them

Well, I myself can't give input for the other verses in question here, but I happen to know a LOT about the Lovecraft/Cthulhu Mythos verse, so here's my two-cents on the Outer Gods (i.e. the Tier 1-A's and above in the Cthulhu Mythos) having True Godly regen:

As someone previously mentioned, the Outer Gods all have existences which are sustained by Azathoth's dream. By virtue of this alone, they should have True Godly regen. Although, I will grant that a counter-argument could certainly be made to this as well, as it can be hard to exactly interpret what the true nature of the Outer Gods is really supposed to be.

SOME of the Outer Gods, however, most DEFINITELY have True Godly. One I can think of, in particular, is Yog Sothoth. Yog Sothoth is the Gate of the Silver Key as well as the Key and the Gatekeeper, and is coterminous with all of physical and metaphysical reality while simultaneously existing outside of any dimensions of time and space. Essentially, Yog Sothoth's existence is a fundamental constant of the entire Lovecraft Multiverse, as nothing can even exist without Yog Sothoth existing, and everything that exists is merely a facet of Yog Sothoth, so to speak. It would pretty much be impossible to permanently destroy Yog Sothoth without destroying literally the entirety of the (high-outerversal-level) Lovecraft Multiverse aside from Azathoth itself, which would only be possible either for a Tier 0 entity (like, I guess Kami Tenchi could do it, or something), a "stronger" Tier High 1-A entity (Featherine Augustus Aurora is one who comes to mind as possibly this powerful) than Yog Sothoth, or by causing Azathoth to wake up. So I think we don't really need to question wheteher Yog Sothoth, for one, has True-Godly regen; it definitely does.

Not so sure about the other Outer Gods. Whether they too count as "fundamental constants of the multiverse" is very much up for debate.

I feel that the outer Gods simply have Immortality reliant on Azathoth and you havent shown any Regenerationn feat for Yog.

Why is True godly regen given to people with 0 regen feats.

"They can survive 1-A destruction" is not a regen feat. Its a dura feat unless the feat in question happens.

Here's how I personally decide things. If they fear something that can eliminate them... then they don't have True-Godly regen.

So, as Sera mentioned, how should we solve this issue in practice?

Antvasima said:
So, as Sera mentioned, how should we solve this issue in practice?
Contact knowledgeable members for these verses and ask them to provide explanations for the regen?

Those reasons should then be considered and added to the profile if valid, or the profile should be downgraded if they're not valid.

Contact knowledgeable members for these verses and ask them to provide explanations for the regen?

Those reasons should then be considered and added to the profile if valid, or the profile should be downgraded if they're not valid.

I agree

Well, I feel too tired and overworked to organise this on my own.

I've messaged ALRF (if he's still around at least) asking if he could put the justifications on the Masadaverse 1-A profiles.

@Monarch

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Back