• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with Higher dimensional Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manipulating outer space, duhh.

Also yeah the pages are distinct from one another, arguably dimensional manipulation can be treated as a higher tier form of spatial manipulation given entire dimensional planes are being affected as opposed to the specific areas of space being warped.

Arguably they are subsets of each other. As the page currently clarifies dimensional manipulation is supposed to be about manipulating higher (or lower) dimensions specifically, while 99.9% of regular spatial manipulations users do it on their own dimensionality.
Manipulating higher/lower dimensions has unique notable applications, justifying the power.

What I considered, though, is if we should add as application that manipulating higher/lower dimensional objects likewise qualifies. Purpose being that there are 3D characters that can manipulate (sometimes not tiering applicable) higher dimensional objects and the power to do that needs a name as well and this seems well suited in principle. (e.g. I know a 8-B character that can lift and throw 4D hypercubes)

@DontTalkDT so for the most part the revisions isn’t an issue? I’m currently doing a thread to check through a bunch of pages with HDM to see if they qualify for the new standards.

I think for the most part it's fine. I mean, all we really changed yet is to clarify that only mathematical dimensions are involved, I think.

@DontTalkDT Coolio, btw is it possible for the Higher dimensional users category to change to Dimensional Users since the name is changed?

Arguably they are subsets of each other. As the page currently clarifies dimensional manipulation is supposed to be about manipulating higher (or lower) dimensions specifically, while 99.9% of regular spatial manipulations users do it on their own dimensionality.
Manipulating higher/lower dimensions has unique notable applications, justifying the power.

What I considered, though, is if we should add as application that manipulating higher/lower dimensional objects likewise qualifies. Purpose being that there are 3D characters that can manipulate (sometimes not tiering applicable) higher dimensional objects and the power to do that needs a name as well and this seems well suited in principle. (e.g. I know a 8-B character that can lift and throw 4D hypercubes)
Okay. That is probably fine then. I trust your sense of judgement.
@DontTalkDT Coolio, btw is it possible for the Higher dimensional users category to change to Dimensional Users since the name is changed?
@DontTalkDT

Wouldn't "Dimension Users" be the correct grammar? Aside from that I generally don't mind.

^ Everyone ok with that?

Can somebody link to our current wiki category for higher-dimensional manipulation users please?

This seems fine to me, but it should preferably be "Limited Dimensional Manipulation" in my view.

Thank you. I only checked "Higher Dimensional Manipulation Users" and did not receive a good result via our wiki's internal category search function. My bad. 🙏

Should we update it to "Dimensional Manipulation Users" instead then?
That was my suggestion tho 😭

Should we update it to "Dimensional Manipulation Users" instead then?
That sounds good.
Thank you. It seems like we have reached an agreement then.
Would
Characters who can just move or otherwise physically handle higher or lower dimensional objects can recieve "limited Dimensional Manipulation".
be ok to put on the page then?

That would be fine to add to the page, also either dimension users or dimensional manipulation users works for me, so long as we get rid of the higher- part as that’s sort of invalid with the new rewrite.

Thank you. That seems fine to me.

So what, if anything, is left to do here currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back