• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with Higher dimensional Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's applications include being able to warp the dimensionality of the target to a higher or lower dimension, being capable of phasing in and out of existences by changing their positions in other dimensions

These are some of the instances I gave. Warping timelines I'm not sure if we should include that given it can also just be either some other hax, range feat or AP feat.

I really appreciate it you answer to all my instances, and it can help others to understand (regardless of the context, let's say hypothetically it happens)

Use this formatting tho
  1. Yes or No
  2. No or Yes

1. No
2. If it's a spacetime continuum then no since that can just be some other ability or AP depending on the context, but any other mathematical dimensions being warped can qualify.
3. If the structure is just a dimension then maybe, this can just be some portal opening to another dimension without further context, if you're warping their own dimensionality then sure.
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes

Ay I appreciate it, thanks for responding to my point, it will help the community to understand the ability better! :3

Does this redraft of the page look nice or should there be some more input regarding it?
Looks good to me. Only change is the instead of "it's applications include" I would say "its possible applications include".

Also, @Theglassman12 , the following part seems rather unclearly explained:

"being capable of phasing in and out of existences by changing their positions in other dimensions, affecting the target by making them exist in more than one plane, among many other abilities"

What part of that is unclearly explained? One's a specific form of intangibility where you change your dimensional position, the other is essentially affecting dimensions on the target to separate them.

Regarding this new power
This Dimension Manipulation

I have Yes or No Question as to what would count or not:

1. Being able to create, alter, manipulate and control everything that happens within a Dimension (wether 3-D structures or higher)
2. User Being able to send targets to other dimensions like Book Dimensions or Computer Dimensions or Alternate Realities
3. User Being able to move/shift between lower and higher dimensions at will
4. Being able to exist in different dimensions or on different planes of reality simultaneously
5. Warping dimensions to the point the start working/functioning differently than normal

Edit:
This is the only comment I’ll make regarding this thread

Last edited:
@Ss3micah
1. That's a bit too vague to determine if this is just dimensional manipulation as opposed to reality warping.
2. The book one could have some form of dimensional manipulation but it would need to have some mention of dimensions or planes being affected, computer I'm not so sure since that could potentially be immersion. Alternate realities just sound like BFR so not really.
3. Yes, that's one of the possible applications for dimensional manipulation as you're warping the dimensionality of the person.
4. If that's done via warping the plane from the target then yeah, if not that could be some type 3 acausality depending on the context.
5. Possibly, again context would be needed as it might be law manipulation or something else.

What part of that is unclearly explained? One's a specific form of intangibility where you change your dimensional position, the other is essentially affecting dimensions on the target to separate them.
I did not automatically understand what you mean, so neither will a large part of our casual visitors. As such it all needs to be explained more clearly.

A difference note is required to be honest. Since now, lower dimension is also sufficient.

I'd argue yes because HDM was no different than Low 2-C AP or range. Dimensional Manipulation is more distinct as it has unique abilities to it and covers an ability so many people were asking about manipulating 2-D stuff.

Last edited:
How exactly is any of the examples I mention any similar to spatial manipulation? One involves just warping space itself while the other involves manipulating lower and higher planes, if you want to change it then by all means bring DT back here.

Well, maybe I have misunderstood.

I asked for input from DontTalk in private earlier.

How exactly is any of the examples I mention any similar to spatial manipulation? One involves just warping space itself while the other involves manipulating lower and higher planes, if you want to change it then by all means bring DT back here.
I mean, then the name of spatial manipulation should be changed to something else because that name is literally saying one can manipulate spatial dimensionality not space.

@Gasper Are you referring to spatial manipulation? Because it doesn't mention dimensionality in the page, just a general term for warping space. Though technically speaking I guess dimensional manipulation could be a higher form of spatial manipulation in the same way empathic manipulation is a better version of fear manipulation.

@Gasper Are you referring to spatial manipulation? Because it doesn't mention dimensionality in the page, just a general term for warping space. Though technically speaking I guess dimensional manipulation could be a higher form of spatial manipulation in the same way empathic manipulation is a better version of fear manipulation.
I am just saying that the name "spatial manipulation" is misleading. I think it should be deleted or merged with space manipulation.

That sounds like a nitpick at best, the page itself distinguishes how its used compared to dimensional manipulation with the explanation so Idk why we'd need to change the name.

That sounds like a nitpick at best, the page itself distinguishes how its used compared to dimensional manipulation with the explanation so Idk why we'd need to change the name.
Idk it just sounds dumb i guess. When we have higher dimensional manipulation, spatial manipulation and space manipulation IMO the last two sound similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back