• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei vs Dante 2: Demonic Boogaloo

No... it didn't.

It broke through his armor which "did not bend from force alone" and began evaporating him.

Gilver was fine even after being shot.

He got shot.

Got angry at Dante for being shot.

Then began to evaporate.

If that's not enough, Dante broke armor which "did not bend from force alone". With bullets.

Which use force.

And to go over more:

Argosax disentigrated despite having the regen needed to survive a bullet to the face.

Sid was killed despite having Low-High regen, which would make a bullet to the face trivial.

And Vergil, in canon, takes special care to block Dante's bullets, even when Vergil is a Low 7-B fighting an 8-B

Dante in that fight wasn't able to damage Gilver with brute force alone, he was losing until the guns came into play which insta negged his dura and started to destroy him until no atom remained.

Wait hold up.

Do you think it occurs with every shot or something?

Because it doesn't. It's something Dante has to charge and decide to use.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Wait hold up.
Do you think it occurs with every shot or something?

Because it doesn't. It's something Dante has to charge and decide to use.
And oompa. Here i can agree. I'd need to read those novels (which im not gonna do) to decide whether it's legit or not, but i can agree if it's just something he'd do ocassionally as there would be no actual contradictions, unlike in the case with "it happens with everyshot". My bad if i missunderstood.

>Regret being born

>And useless

Those 2 do not make sense like that, you need another adjective before adding "and useless".

Grammar 101 by earl.

Weak mortal. Shitpost power does not course through your veins. Yet, you try... How dare you argue with ME!? You will regret being born useless and human. I will show you your worst nightmares! I will give you...despair and death!

Firephoenixearl said:
Wait, yeah it says "work on humans" due to their nature of being weak against demons. Same as how one would be scared from seeing some 100 feet tall octopus.
Wouldn't work on a high class demon who fights fallen angels, gods, mythology monsters and more on a daily basis.
The links to the reasoning is on his profile, it's from the novels which gives more insight on demons and hell. It is shown and stated the presence of demons causes "uncanny sixth sense" fear in humans even humans accustomed to fightning demons feel it. Also, some even cause insanity from presense alone but that doesn't matter here.

Dienomite22 said:
The links to the reasoning is on his profile, it's from the novels which gives more insight on demons and hell. It is shown and stated the presence of demons causes "uncanny sixth sense" fear in humans even humans accustomed to fightning demons feel it. Also, some even cause insanity from presense alone but that doesn't matter here.
Which has never actually worked in any of the games i've played. The son of sparda just jumped in and some nun (kyrie) didn't even feel shit. Then there was the quarter demon Nero, then some other demons all of which didn't get "lol feared" by Dante. Then there are the bosses who were actually cocky towards dante.

@Firephoenixearl

some nun (kyrie) didn't even feel shit.

What? Did you not see her froze at the sight of Dante and Nero had to kick Dante in order for her to come back to her senses and leave. I literally explained in my post humans who do fight demons and are used to their presence still feel the fear and even Dante himself feels it in the novels. The reason why it isn't shown or visually obvious in the games is likely because you can't properly express fear in a game without exposition or visual cues and dmc games aren't about that exposition unlike the novels but this point is irrelevent altogother since the novels are canon. Demons are resistant to being in the human world which causes crazy amount of fear and insanity in humans (proof is on the profiles), so them being resistant to Dante's fear is natural, although Dante sheer brutality can instill fear in demons.

I'm being an asshole here :v

This goes like the last time, Issei becomes strong enough and Dante gets weakened, time stop is resisted as the fear hax but the matter hax comes into play at last and destroy Issei.

In short, I vote E&I for the win.

Because Deconstruction is totally in character and Fear Hax is passive with DT, which is also totally in character against equal/stronger opponents

Firephoenixearl said:
Those are a ton of things to do. Why are you assuming dante will do all those before ikki does stuff?
The thing is, Issei doesn't have any calc on his profile so Dante has a big AP advantage right out of the bat with being able to one shot with DT. So Issei can't do stuff to win. Dante has the skill advantage and can get close easily.

As I said, Dante will get weaker thanks to DD and Boost will make Issei stronger, DT will make things fair again but not for long, at this point either Dante tries to stop time to find it useless and/or starts spaming the matter/atomic hax with E&I or tries to seal and GG.

The only thing that keeps Issei in this game for long is the amps and the stats reduction, which are meaningless to the E&I hax.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Because Deconstruction is totally in character and Fear Hax is passive with DT, which is also totally in character against equal/stronger opponents
Issei resist mind hax to like one city potency, dunno how that compares with Dante's fear hax that scares demons who can handle going to the demon world and stuff.

Does Issei have attack reflection here?

And let's not forget Issei's ability to fly. It will give a massive advantage. And you're acting like it's in character for dante to just shoot 1 million bullets all with deconstruction hax. Even if he does use it, it will be a single bullet which can easily be dodged.

Dante has Attack reflection too.

Dante can fly on DT too, which means Dante can insta one shot if he hasn't been stats reducted enough. Dante, on his last leg shot more than one bullet at Gilver because he was tired AF, now, this Dante isn't being stomped right out of the bat and isn't dumb enough to let himself get killed by not using his hax when he needs to, nor tired to the point he can barely move.

Once he gets into too much trouble he will make it rain and Issei is done for.

Dante has attack reflection? Wot? If you mean royal release that's technically it but not exactly what im talking about.

And "more than 1 bullet" can still be dodged. And to top it off attack reflection means he can reflect just about every bullet coming his way.

Tony di bugalu said:
I'm being an asshole here :v

This goes like the last time, Issei becomes strong enough and Dante gets weakened, time stop is resisted as the fear hax but the matter hax comes into play at last and destroy Issei.

In short, I vote E&I for the win.
Not necessarily, since his wyverns are used for intercepting and neutralizing ranged attacks. IDK if the atomic deconstruction would work on them since they're inorganic.

But if they're suddenly bypassed or shredded, it would easily alert Issei that something's up. So he'd just have to deflect them with his own attacks or dodge, which is helped by considerable speed amps.

Jet gave him speed on par with someone who was blitzing him prior, and Knight is much faster. His speed also increases when using Boost btw

Royal Guard boyo, it could also be attack absortion but that needs a thread on it's own.

Dante can make it rain to the point Issei will get overwhelmed, unless you want to say that Dante can only fire one bullet with matter hax.

How does the fairies work? They create a shield or something like that? How durable are they?

I mean it's not attack reflection at all. Cus he doesn't "reflect the attack" he just attacks back. Like a counter attack.

Well it has never happened in character and we don't know what he needs for the matter hax.

Well they reflect stuff. As long as they don't get hit (since they reflect it), the matter hax wouldn't work on them.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Not necessarily, since his wyverns are used for intercepting and neutralizing ranged attacks. IDK if the atomic deconstruction would work on them since they're inorganic.
They bypassed Gilver's armor that is something weird and inorganic. Also, matter hax targets the molecuels/atoms so it being organic or inorganic matters not.

>But if they're suddenly bypassed or shredded, it would easily alert Issei that something's up. So he'd just have to deflect them with his own attacks or dodge, which is helped by considerable speed amps.

He would be alerted as soon as the match starts thanks to the AP advantage Dante has so not much would change there.

And at last, DT also amps Dante speed but to an unknown degree.

I mean, he takes the energy of the attack and either stores it or throws it back at the enemy. So it falls under attack reflection as Dante doesn't take any damage during that process.

>Well it has never happened in character and we don't know what he needs for the matter hax.

It happened... in character...

In the novel Dante destroys all the fire arms he gets, thats why Neil makes E&I for him, which AFAIK he only gets at the end of the novel and literally saves him, when he can move with great effort and getting close to the dying Gilver is big work for him.

>Well they reflect stuff. As long as they don't get hit (since they reflect it), the matter hax wouldn't work on them.

They wikia made it sound like they have some form of weakness or limit. In which volume they appear?

Back