• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei vs Dante 2: Demonic Boogaloo

SBA

Ebony and Ivory? All the time. Not sure if deconstruction is a part of them naturally.

It's not part of them passively, but yeah, it is very in character for him, like against Gilver, Berial and Argosax

Fear Hax Dante has had for a while utilizing his devil trigger in the DMC3 Manga (Issei resists mindhax so it's moot)

Deconstruction idk

Schnee One said:
Fear Hax Dante has had for a while utilizing his devil trigger in the DMC3 Manga.
Deconstruction idk
Isn't that just from power? I haven't seen it work on anyone else during any of the games (i've played all the games besides 1 and 2). So like he's so strong people are naturally scared of him. Like how you'd be scared of a guy who flexed and created air pressure from that flex alone.

Im pretty sure it's not "actual" fear manip. As it never works on anyone else.

Wait, yeah it says "work on humans" due to their nature of being weak against demons. Same as how one would be scared from seeing some 100 feet tall octopus.

Wouldn't work on a high class demon who fights fallen angels, gods, mythology monsters and more on a daily basis.

Well obviously i was just pointing it out.

Anyway onto this fight. So first, that deconstruction is just no. I haven't read the novel thing, but that's just flat incorrect Ebony and Ivory do not work like that. Otherwise everyone who has parried those bullets would've had his sword completely deconstructed (nero as an example). From many other cutscenes demons just end up evaporating on their own for some reason (like when Dante killed V's demons in DMC5). And iirc there was never any mention of Ebony & Ivory just having that effect at all.

So i am unsure right now. I'd say Dante has a skill advantage overall, whereas issei has the AP advantage. But imma wait a bit more here.

@Fire

Do you know that there is more to DMC that just the games, right?

Nero was never shot in game or in lore, except in the first fight where Dante shot the bullets Nero shot at him.

All the demons he has shot in cannon instantaneously died but the effects seems to have to be activated, Sid for example who was just fine regenin from a rain of bullets but then a single bulled kills him. Echidna dies and she starts to fall at pieces until there is nothing, he destroys berial with one shot and was about to end the savior until Nero said "hero time"

The only one who you could argue is Vergil who has Yamato, the sword that seals worlds, has spatial hax and a dura comparable to Rebellion.

Of course if you want it gone then you are free to make a CRT.

By the way @Garg, the scan says he can make the demons themselves scared of him and they should have some resistance as they are okay being in the presence of their kin.

Did you not read the line where I said, " died but the effects seems to have to be activated"?

In DMC V they were already disappearing due to no having demonic power to sustain them, and Dantw went in with DSD which attacks and protects at the same time, this coupled with the fact that he was toying with them... well, no need to end tbe party. He even mentioned it.

The Sparda give resistance to Molecular Manip, dunno if that is too on the FE state but seeing as he got the form of sparda is safe to assume he has those.

Reffer to the first point.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Aaaah thats hot
Hmm?
Nani?

Lines of text describing Dante's decon?

What is this?
Never mentioned to be an effect of Ebony And Ivory. That seems to be what happens to all demons when they die.

The first Vergil that was retconed to be a proto Angelo made with the Data Mundus had about Sparda, Vergil and Dante.

Dante suffered at his hands while Vergil seems to have killed it easily.... I think?

Back