• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ah, it's time to see who is the true King of the Harem (COF COF, really Basara and Arata). Ok, it seems that there isn't much difference in AP.

So, Basara would start with melee attacks using Brynhildr. We must consider Basara's skill, he is quite good at combat, is Issei able to counter Basara's skill?

What movement does Issei start with?

Does Issei have any way to survive Banishing Shift? Although it is not Basara's initial move, but if he sees it necessary, he will use it.

I'm amazed no one has done this match before. Ise vs his blatant copy.

Anyway, Ise's boost is basically passive on this form, since it automatically boosts. On the other hand, a more accurate first move for him would be Dragon Shot.

Isn't Basara the dude that dived 'in' though in less volumes than DxD. Anyways I'll see who wins.

Ionliosite said:
Anyway, Ise's boost is basically passive on this form, since it automatically boosts. On the other hand, a more accurate first move for him would be Dragon Shot.
Booster Gear has never been passive in any form.

In this key, Issei just lacks the 10 minutes limit, he can boost with no end, but is not passive.

Boosted Gear is passive. It automatically boosts Ise every 10 seconds.

Ion@ I don't recall any of Issei's notable fights where bOoStEd gear passively increased his stats, neither it was ever brought by BFF or Vergil in any thread, nor is stated in the profile.

But I'm open for prove of that.

From Volume 1, after the fight with Raynare:

"If it's just like the legend is told, then the ability of the [Boosted Gear] can double the power of the possessor every 10 second. Even if his powerstarts from 1, it doubles his power every 10 seconds, and it can reach the power of the leader-class Fallen Angels and High-class Devils. And by mastering it, he could even kill God."
Are you serious, Buchou!? I can defeat God!?
…… So that's the power of my Sacred Gear.
There is a mark of a Red Dragon carved into my gauntlet.
So the reason why it kept on saying "Boost, Boost" is because it was doubling my power. So that's why my power kept on increasing inside me.
So the reason why Raynare was scared of me is because I had attained a power that surpasses her without realising it.
What a powerful Sacred Gear……
I looked at the Sacred Gear on my left arm fearfully.
Boosted Gear. My Sacred Gear. This is an incredible Sacred Gear.

ChaosAyase~ said:
Cof cof, Basara is the improved version of Issei (?)

Anyway, Dragon Shot would be canceled by Banishing Shift.
Ise is much better than Basara.

Banishing Shift is truly making it hard for Ise, since it means Ise will have to rely on physical combat. Luckily, it's not like Ise didn't know how to deal with that area.

Oh why? Well, this is not really the subject of this thread.

Basara is much more skilled in melee combat anyway, he has been trained since childhood, combining his speed amp, he is even able to be unpredictable for Zolgear who had a precog ability.

So this does seem to be a pretty good matchup... I like that.

When I saw they almost had the same AP and abilities in common I had no choice but to make this match

Chaos@ Penetrate nullifies Power Nullification, such as Rizevim's Sacred Gear Canceller.

It seemingly attacks the core of the target, so even blocking a punch with your arms would be uneffective as the damage will transfer to the core.

>Toujou has a profile

>The real badass doesn't

No for real why doesn't Toujou's father have a profile? He's the best character in the series, that's blasphemy.

I don't think, Basara is much stronger, he is literally a hybrid of Demon and God. And later he gets the powers of Hasegawa (a goddess with things like time manip), but I haven't read that part yet.

Jin is powerful, but most of all for Banishing Shift which he can also use. But Hasegawa and Basara later are among the most powerful.

I remember watching the anime when it aired. That father was just too darn badass man.

Toujou: So you pretended to be fooled?

Jin: Yeah i guess so.

Or when it was stated the reason the previous demon lord went for peace is because he was scared of the god of war Jin. xD

Oh yeah. I remember that in vol 4 (at the end of the first season of the anime), he had sat on the throne of the new Demon Lord Leohart. Jin was on the throne of the Demon Lord while he smoked, lol.

Newendigo said:

In this key, Issei just lacks the 10 minutes limit, he can boost with no end, but is not passive.
It's passive in base and thought based in his armours.

Unfortunately, this is the version that lasts for ten seconds or less, lol

So I think Issei can win this. The Banishing Shift does seem bad, until you realize Penetrate can work around it. Penetrate works in connecting an attack that would be blocked or stopped, which from what I see is exactly what the Bankshing Shift does, so all Issei has to do is shoot one Dragon Shot, have it be nullified and realize that the guy has some kind of technique to block his attacks. In terms of hand to hand, yeah Basara was trained better, but so has Sairaorg, Cao Cao, Vali, Raiser, and so on. Issei has shown that experience means nothing.

So I'm going with Issei.

So, he doesn't have penetrate. And still, I doubt it would work. Banishing Shift does not nullify attacks exactly, banishes their existence, as if they never existed.

Weird, I asked Fingers like a year ago about the possibility of separating his abilities per keys and he told me that he retains the majority throughout versions.

And he does. Incomplete BxB is the only ecxeption, because it's only used untill he gains the regular BxB.

Well.

He loses without Pene, and even with Pene the Banishing Shift seems broken AF to penetrate.

Not sure if it's a stomp.

"what can he do without his Pene?" Bruh, his Pene, lmao.

Well, what other attacks does that Issei have? It's not like Basara uses Banishing Shift in his first move, he will only use it to cancel out magical or other attacks. But it can still be damaged by other means.

The novel says "Banishing Shift cancels all kinds of attack, physical or magical," although I don't understand what "physical" refers to, Basara has been damaged anyway, so I don't think Banishing Shift will cancel the blows, I think that It means that he can banish physical beings too.

Basara will only banish Issei if he doesn't see ways to win.

Back