• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
u mentioned the zero dimensional bfr thing. looking at Fran she has no dimensional travel or resistance to ee so she would def lose if he could land it. How does the bfr work though?

It's an AoE sword slash attack with kilometers worth of range.

If it hits you, you're banished to a zero-dimensional space that erases you on a conceptual level.

Bump. Was hoping DontTalk would come here today.

What does he do against Skill Taker?

Anyway, thanks to appraisal they know of banishing shift. They could probably deal with it via skill, danger sense and the fact that they immediately start speed blitzing via amps, time manip and other skills, but when in doubt there is also spatial intangibility, i.e. just chilling in a different dimension from where the sword slash happens. Or make the slash miss by twisting the arm off course with telekinesis.

Heck, pretty sure Urushi could do a space-destroying bite from his shadow to immediately kill him as well. Or create a poison mist and make Toujou blind.

Last edited:
What does he do against Skill Taker?

Anyway, thanks to appraisal they know of banishing shift. They could probably deal with it via skill, danger sense and the fact that they immediately start speed blitzing via amps, time manip and other skills, but when in doubt there is also spatial intangibility, i.e. just chilling in a different dimension from where the sword slash happens. Or make the slash miss by twisting the arm off course with telekinesis.

Heck, pretty sure Urushi could do a space-destroying bite from his shadow to immediately kill him as well. Or create a poison mist and make Toujou blind.
He should be able to nullify a power mimicry/absorption skill - On a conceptual level.

Banishing Shift is kilometer range AoE and Basara himself is pretty skilled in sword play. Danger sense imo isn't enough by itself.

I made this match speed unequalized so Basara will be the one blitzing in this case.

But I didn't know that the thread uses speed equalized matches. So, i guess if this is speed equal that argument is fair.

Except, even then, Banishing Shift can simply negate her amps.

Basara can conceptually destroy/nullify abilities with Banishing Shift, so I don't think those other abilities you mentioned will work either.

He should be able to nullify a power mimicry/absorption skill - On a conceptual level.
He can't detect the technique and once it happens he won't have he ability to null it anymore. I'm also sceptical that it would work based on what I see on the concept type 3 description. Skill Taker isn't based on regular power and all.

Banishing Shift is kilometer range AoE and Basara himself is pretty skilled in sword play. Danger sense imo isn't enough by itself.
From what I see its AoE is swordwave stuff, though and hence dodgeable. Fran isn't just skilled, she is at the level where she can keep up with someone that could blitz her via skill alone... and that skill level times 5.

Appraisal means she knows she has to be careful, danger sense warns her if it's coming in advance. And as said, dimension shift.

But I didn't know that the thread uses speed equalized matches. So, i guess if this is speed equal that argument is fair.
Usually does. Speed Unequalized can share a spot... although blitzing Fran isn't that hard. Tons of people could win that way.

Except, even then, Banishing Shift can simply negate her amps.
For that it would need to make contact, which it can't.

Basara can conceptually destroy/nullify abilities with Banishing Shift, so I don't think those other abilities you mentioned will work either.
Only if it activates before he dies from them. Unless that's a passive aura, I don't see that.

Fran will also paralyze him the moment she teleports close, so can he even activate that without moving?

He can't detect the technique and once it happens he won't have he ability to null it anymore. I'm also sceptical that it would work based on what I see on the concept type 3 description. Skill Taker isn't based on regular power and all.
It's better if you look at the Banishing Shift feats section. The page is honestly not the best.

From what I see its AoE is swordwave stuff, though and hence dodgeable. Fran isn't just skilled, she is at the level where she can keep up with someone that could blitz her via skill alone... and that skill level times 5.
I mean, sure, but saying she can dodge kilometers of AoE from someone who is blitzing her (in speed unequal), or even just a similar-speed skilled swordsman, seems a little far fetched to me.

It can be omnidirectional, and if she tries to get close I would say dodging is pretty much impossible.

For that it would need to make contact, which it can't.

Even if the sword doesn't directly hit her, just coming close to it can allow it to nullify shit. Even biological abilities.

Only if it activates before he dies from them. Unless that's a passive aura, I don't see that.

Fran will also paralyze him the moment she teleports close, so can he even activate that without moving?
He can not activate it without moving, no.

It's better if you look at the Banishing Shift feats section. The page is honestly not the best.
Ok. So I guess he technically could. But again, he doesn't know it's coming, can't detect its activation and once it's activated he can't use banishing shift anymore, as that ability (or the ability that allows him to use such an ability) will have been stolen. So it's not really a defense against skill taker.

I mean, sure, but saying she can dodge kilometers of AoE from someone who is blitzing her (in speed unequal), or even just a similar-speed skilled swordsman, seems a little far fetched to me.

It can be omnidirectional, and if she tries to get close I would say dodging is pretty much impossible.
Speed unequal we don't need to debate. And speed equal, I'm pretty sure she in fact can. Nothing prevents her from being faster than it. And that's assuming he would actually use it omnidirectionally right away.

Also, you still haven't said anything to Fran just shifting into a different dimension to completely escape the effect.

Even if the sword doesn't directly hit her, just coming close to it can allow it to nullify shit. Even biological abilities.
For that contact with the sword aura (or what you want to call it) is still needed, though, no?

He can not activate it without moving, no.
So.... paralysis gg? Like, Fran immediately Awakens in battles, which gives her passive lightning that paralysis targets close to her. The moment she teleports close, he would become unable to swing his blade.

Well then, I suppose Fran has the right counters for the job. But then, do you think this is a stomp? I would say no.

That depends on your definition of what a stomp is.
Some people would say that, since this battle is likely decided within 0.5 seconds and one or two attacks, it's a stomp.
Others might say it's not, because Fran might lose if she has a bad day and lets Toujou hit her.
Personally, I don't really like how we handle the stomp business, so... no comment.

Seems stompish. A stomp from what I’ve seen is when one side has no viable win con due to no counters

That depends on your definition of what a stomp is.
Some people would say that, since this battle is likely decided within 0.5 seconds and one or two attacks, it's a stomp.
Others might say it's not, because Fran might lose if she has a bad day and lets Toujou hit her.
Personally, I don't really like how we handle the stomp business, so... no comment.
Well, if this is a stomp in Fran's favor in speed equalized, but a stomp in Basara's favor in speed unequalized, what will be the verdict on the Non-Smurf thread?

Also, I was just asking if you think that Fran realistically would never get hit by Banishing Shift, since that would be a stomp. I personally think that even with the counters, I wouldn't give her a 100% chance at being able to dodge it.

Well, if this is a stomp in Fran's favor in speed equalized, but a stomp in Basara's favor in speed unequalized, what will be the verdict on the Non-Smurf thread?
It means they share the spot. Fran would have the speed equal version of the spot and Basara the speed unequal. Given, both are very blitzable, so I'm not sure if Basara would really keep the spot if people seriously tried to take it. I feel like Raphtalia for example would just blitz him speed unequal, due to having relativistic+ speed.

Also, I was just asking if you think that Fran realistically would never get hit by Banishing Shift, since that would be a stomp. I personally think that even with the counters, I wouldn't give her a 100% chance at being able to dodge it.
In a SBA scenario? It's unlikely, but not impossible, I suppose.

Huh... Honestly, I feel like the list would just be better if it was either only speed equal or only speed unequal in that case. Using both seems like it would make things quite messy.

Well, I guess they can share a spot for now anyway. I don't think Basara loses to anyone below her.

Back