• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei fights a real dragon. Issei vs Dragonite

Yeah, but look at what was stated before what you highlighted in bold. It's an applied technique of Half Dimension. That is why Vali didn't need direct contact. The "move which halves his territory" is Half Dimension. Vali doesn't need contact for Half Dimension. He needs contact for a normal Divide.

What Issei used against Euclid is a normal Divide. And again, it won't work because Dragonite is much, much stronger. The wyverns will break. DxD L Vali had difficulties using Compression Divider on Crom's fireball, and you think a normal Divide would deal with Dragonite's attack?

I did not ignore nothing. I've been telling you about the strength difference between them. If they were relatively comparable to each other, you wouldn't see me saying what I'm saying. I very clearly told Yung that if we were to assume that Issei's hundreds of times stronger and comparable to Dragonite, Boost, Divide, and Ascalon would be relevant.

No offense, but what are you saying? Crom is a dragon. Show me where it says he's not susceptible to dragon slaying attacks like everyone else is.

Dragon-Slayer is the effect of the sword. Crom has no weakness when fighting against another dragon like him. lol

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I belive he meant that dragon pokemon have weaknesses to other dragon pomemon, so either dragonites attack shouldent be super effective, or that isseis attack woul get both sword and supereffective bonus

Oh. I thought he was saying Crom is not affected by dragon slaying attacks. Even then, that is ignoring the fact that Dragonite could simply overpower Issei's attacks and one-shot him.

@Lucian

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@Burning

Do you have the raw to show that is Half Dimension? If so, it will be fine.

The wyvers will break, but the attack will be divided. That happened with Euclid.

It was never said that Divide will not work with stronger opponents. You speculation is true in some cases and not in others. You can not confirm that Divide will not work on Dragonite.

I think you do not understand what Im trying to say.

Crom is weak against a Grendel fireball?

@Ric
exact.

...There is no need for a raw. That is obviously Half Dimension. A standard Divide doesn't work that way.

The attack will be divided, but will still pack more than enough power to one-shot Issei. Look at what happened in Loki vs Vali. Loki's casual attacks were divided, but still went on to damage Vali.

Vali clearly said Divide wouldn't work on a God. The discrepancy in strength between them was too big that time. Compression Divider didn't really work on Crom's fireball because he's stronger than Vali.

I am not saying that Divide wouldn't work, as in, it wouldn't remove anything from the power of an attack. I'm saying the power of Dragonite's attacks in comparison to Issei is so much that the wyverns will break, and the attacks would one-shot Issei anyway.

Better still, you need to bring proof that Divide would be so effective against someone much stronger than the user. I mean, you saw how Vali hurriedly activated Empireo Juggernaut Overdrive to compress Aŝi Dahāka's magic, right?

I mean that Crom is susceptible to dragon slaying attacks.

I doubt that Dragonite can tank Longinus Smasher + Infinit Blaster + Ascalon (this defeated Vidar TOP10) .

Well. Vali vs Crom will be translated tomorrow, so let's hope to get more details.

Yes, but their standing in the verse doesn't matter in a versus thread. Dragonite is currently much stronger.

I was told by someone that's read both Volume 24 and 25 that Vali couldn't completely compress Crom's fireball.

Issei takes this.

The difference is irrelevant, a minimum dragon move causes damage x2. Using Boost, the damage rule will increase ridiculously. Not to mention Ascalon.

But Issei can use boost up to 14 times. The damage x2 will increase an exaggeration.

Example:

Dragon shot = 10 damage (assuming)
(x2) = 20 damage
(x14Boost) = 16 384 000 000 000 000 000 000

it is understood? Issei stomps on the weakness of Dragonite.

He does not ascend to country level via boost, but increase the dragon aura.

Issei always fights inside artificial dimensions and magical barriers that minimize external damage.

OP has been updated, sorry I was away.

Reasons for Issei that I can see: Super effective attacks, boost, divide, ascalon

Reasons for Dragonite that I can see: AP advantage, durability negation in dragon rage, stat boosting.

What feats dragonite scale to for Island level again?

Issei scale from 5.9 gigatons and this is base form.

Edit: i mean normal balance breaker.

Dragonite scales from being superior to Alakazam, who 9.5 gigatons level.

I gave Dragonite the dragon scale, that might even things up a little.

Reminder that those reasons may have been more relevant for when Dragonite had large island AP.

Vote counted nonetheless

Issei is sub-relavistic from his balance breaker form. His most powerful form is far faster. Make of that what you will.

Through boosting, super effective attacks and divide, Issei overcomes the AP gap. However, with dragon rage (questionably) and stat boosting moves, Dragonite changes the AP gap in his favour too.

Hope that clears things up

I do question of his boosts could close the AP gap (before Dragonite wins that is) since we don't know how much his boosts actually raise his stats

@Jester

If Ishibumi wrote the same way people assume in debating, there would be no fights in verse that's an actual challenge for Issei, except the person is packing hax and stuff.

Also, yeah, since Dragonite was downgraded, I can see Issei winning now. It was a stomp to me before.

I still hold that, seeing as Issei's rating was a SAFE estimate and he's pointed out as likely far higher, the difference should have never been so high he couldn't use his skills, or close it enough with just a few boosts.

But yes, now that Dragonite got downgraded, he's kinda dead.

Back