• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this Causality Manipulation?

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I have an active power, and I use it. The effects of the move is that there's a 50/50 chance that when the opponent attacks me, even if it kills me, all damage from that move is undone and the opponent takes a set amount of damage, though other effects (like if it poisoned me) stay.

I...have no idea what power that is, and causality manipulation is the closest I could think of. Maybe attack reflection?

Bruh not everything with a cause and effect is Causality Manipulation. A punch has a cause and an effect.

I guess, some form of healing? It's not Attack Reflection since the damage is set.

...a odd mix between life/death manipulation and probability manipulation, is mewtwo the only figure in this game series with said ability?.

(nullifying the probability of death, 50% chance, and returning the damage)

Yeah. This is a Mewtwo specific move (or, I'm not willing to look through the hundreds of thousands of other cards to see who else would fit the bill)

Unfortunately, that's a one way street, as Mewtwo is Mew plus. Emphasis on the plus. You can give Mewtwo stuff from Mew (minus the shapeshifting and Genesis Supernova), but you can't give Mew stuff from Mewtwo.

I can't tell if mewtwo was supposed to be his genetic successor, though since there are like 5 different types i'm not sure which one you're referring to.

So even "if" it kills the player, you would kinda ignore the damage and return it. It does takes more reference to attack reflection, but not really.

Kinda. I wanna get the opinion of a fellow staff member though, as my boi Saik didn't address the part which made the scenario confusing.

This is exactly what I was talking about, Cal. Powers that don't fit our understanding/categorization

It does seem to have some cause and effect, but not sure if it's actually causality manipulation.

Okay, but one last thing to sort out. Mewtwo "dies" and then activates some type of revival, according to a set of probability. It could be re-writing cause and effect, but oh well.

I don't think it's Causality manipulation. It's a weird ability. It's better to just describe it than try to label it, I feel.

Back