• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About resistanting hax

Fezzih_007

He/Him
I was reading a versus thread, and layers are involved, and It got me thinking about something.

So, there's character A who can resist magic, and he have shown to resist all types of Magic effects like mind control, BFR, Soul Manipulation etc, that are casted by using Magic.

But there's character B who cast his powers by not using Magic, he uses another type of energy to use It.

Character B can affect Character A using his powers, even trought the character as able to resist this effects before.

Would that mean that Character B Power is layered or that because Character A have stated to only resist magic, so naturally, another type of energy would't work.

Last edited:
Normally verse equalization would come into play and make sure both characters can be affected or resisted by each other powers regardless of their energy source. Otherwise, something like chakra from Naruto would've been almost useless because most verses don't have chakra.

So I think to answer your question, yes it would mean Character B's power is layered.

More information in the bottom at SBA Rules

Normally verse equalization would come into play and make sure both characters can be affected or resisted by each other powers regardless of their energy source. Otherwise, something like chakra from Naruto would've been almost useless because most verses don't have chakra.

So I think to answer your question, yes it would mean Character B's power is layered.

More information in the bottom at SBA Rules
Well, I asking more In-Verse for the ability.
Like, I want to give a certain character layered hax, but i not sure If two different Power sources from the same universes would count.

Because the character I talking about do resist Magic hax, bur he don't resist the other type of hax the verse have. I not sure If that would make the other power sauce layered or not.

Well, I asking more In-Verse for the ability.
Like, I want to give a certain character layered hax, but i not sure If two different Power sources from the same universes would count.

Because the character I talking about do resist Magic hax, bur he don't resist the other type of hax the verse have. I not sure If that would make the other power sauce layered or not.
Oh if that's the case, then it would be the other answer.
If character A is affected by different energies in their own verse besides magic, then character B's power isn't layered. Simple.

I was reading a versus thread, and layers are involved, and It got me thinking about something.

So, there's character A who can resist magic, and he have shown to resist all types of Magic effects like mind control, BFR, Soul Manipulation etc, that are casted by using Magic.

But there's character B who cast his powers by not using Magic, he uses another type of energy to use It.

Character B can affect Character A using his powers, even trought the character as able to resist this effects before.

Would that mean that Character B Power is layered or that because Character A have stated to only resist magic, so naturally, another type of energy would't work.
If Character B successfully overcomes Character A's resistances, then yes, it is layered.

Back