• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is the Future Warrior's Mid-Godly regen combat applicable?

I know that Zamasu said to have regenerated from Zeno's erasure with his Immortality and that the Future Warrior has the same degree of immortality, but do we know how much time did Zamasu require to regenerate from such a level of damage?

What does FT stand for? And when Zamasu said that exactly, he was erased so he never appeared again after that.

It stands for Future Warrior (2).

Zamasu re-appeared in Conton City as a mentor after you complete the story mode, saying that he came back from being erased by Zeno thanks to his immortality, though I don't know how much time it took.

I mean, presumably at worst it only took a few minutes if he shows up directly afterwards.

Could have probably taken only a few seconds

I'm still 100% against that. We can just as easily say that Cell regenerated from Gohan killing him due to the exact same logic. It's just game mechanics.

DMUA said:
I mean, presumably at worst it only took a few minutes if he shows up directly afterwards.
Could have probably taken only a few seconds
The time frame is never specified, and it's unlikely that it took so little time considering that there was a whole cutscene after his erasure.

The real cal howard said:
I'm still 100% against that. We can just as easily say that Cell regenerated from Gohan killing him due to the exact same logic. It's just game mechanics.
Problem

Cell wasn't implied to have regened from getting killed by Gohan, meanwhile, Zamasu says he's going to get the Zero Mortals plan rebooted, meaning it was halted by a specific manlet.

@Cal I'd agree normally, but if Zamasu explicitly said that he regenerated from that, it's hard to argue against it.

Also imo it shouldn't be applicable in combat if he only showed up in gameplay after the cutscene where he was erased, since we have no useable timeframe.

DMB 1 said:
The time frame is never specified, and it's unlikely that it took so little time considering that there was a whole cutscene after his erasure.
Yeah, but, after the cutscene, he's right there. So, yeah, ultimately it takes a few minutes, well within combat application. I mean, it's not like they chill around for hours after the fact, they have a quick celebration and unwinding then go back to doing their thing.

Anyone is right there after the story mode though, even if they actually died.

In Conton City, you can still find people like Raditz, Frieza, Cell etcetera, right after their story section.

Again, false equivalency.

None of those people are implied to have survived and then come back to start stuff again.

It makes zero narrative sense for him to not only have regenerated from that yet still being scared of Zeno, but to come to Conton City, but whatever. I'll leave this one alone. DMUA makes sense and Saikou agreed.

@DMUA Except that this is all just gameplay. The player returning to normal gameplay with everything back to normal so quickly after the end of a story is gameplay mechanics. So saying that it took literal seconds doesn't work. And in lack of a better timeframe, it's not really applicable.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@DMUA Except that this is all just gameplay.
I mean, the entire game where you aren't in a few minute cutscene is gameplay

are we like saying that because lol gameplay actual ingame timeframes can automatically get thrown out the window?

Zamasu gets erased. The Time Patrolin' squad goes "wew" for a few minutes then goes back into doing whatever they do. In that few minutes, Zamasu is back and in conton city.

I honestly don't see how this can be stretched into "lol gameplay there is no timeframe"

Sure, the main villain of this story arc being back literal seconds after having been erased and no one batting an eye to it sure makes sense. And from what little I know of the story mode, I'm pretty sure this is not the kind of story that would end with "Welp, we killed this guy. Time to go back living our day-to-day life immediately", given the end of the world stuffins involved with it.

On top of this, this contradicts why we even have such SBA in the first place. Basically, if Zamasu was still considered to have been fully defeated in the in-universe fight despite his Regenerationn, it makes no sense for us to treat it as combat applicable when it wasn't shown as such in-universe. Our time limit for being knocked out like that is around an hour, and I'd say that we have nowhere near enough proofs to assume that the entire story was wrapped up less than an hour after Zamasu's death. Especially since the story involves an obvious cut after the end of the cutscene.

Sure, the main villain of this story arc being back literal seconds after having been erased and no one batting an eye to it sure makes sense. And from what little I know of the story mode, I'm pretty sure this is not the kind of story that would end with "Welp, we killed this guy. Time to go back living our day-to-day life immediately", given the end of the world stuffins involved with it.
Actually... this is kinda exactly what happens

No one generally cares about the rabid broly, Cell, or any villains just wandering around, and they usually just kinda "Welp, it all worked out in the end" then proceed to do cleanup/just go back to time patroller stuff.

Like literally "Welp, we killed this guy. Time to go back living our day-to-day life immediately" is a pretty stinking accurate description of the ending of the stories in Xenoverse.

There is a cut yes, but it's unreasonable to assume they'd just lay around for a few hours and then enter the cutscene. It seems more like a few minutes for them to assemble outside.

The fact that, according to DMB above, a lot of those people are canonically dead in the game's universe makes me think that these are game mechanics for the sake of having a character in the game instead of no one caring about a villain on the loose.

Pretty sure that at this point, the cast is in another timeline and in another time. It's not like they can just walk back to the normal area. Unless you have evidence of the cast immediately rushing back to Conton City at the end of each of the stories with everything being wrapped up in such a short timeframe, we just can't assume that. The biggest assumption is the one you use there. There are a lot more things that can go down after the end of the story than "laying around for hours".

There is also still the fact that if Zamasu could just keep regenerating endless and thus beat everyone this way, he would have done it, not just wait around for everything to settle and not actually use his fast-acting Regenerationn. If he couldn't use his Regenerationn effectively in a combat like the one portrayed in the game, then we have no reasons to assume he can in a quick 1v1 fight like the ones we have here.

I saw this and thought Fairy Tail. I was about to ask "Who in Fairy Tail has Mid-Godly regen?"

>FT

>Stands for Future Warrior 2

>wut?

>Is this one of those abbreviation memes where the full form doesn't even match the abbreviation letters?

Yet Zamasu addresses that his Zero Mortal Plan indeed did come to an end. So... it's just inconsistent as you'd expect.

No, by the time Zamasu gets erased, the patrollers are back, Giygas absorbed Zamasu shows up, Supreme Kai of Time says "lol you in canon get erased", Zamasu catches up to reality as she replaces the scroll back into history, jumpcut, Cutscene, Zamasu shows up as a mentor. It doesn't really seem like anything beyond a few minutes.

I mean, the incap time is a day and KO time is an hour, so, fights have room to not be as fast paced as to need a regen time of a few seconds.

Back