• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

is Samus unarmored, equal to a run-of-the-mill Astartes?

i have a question is Samus superior to astandar adeptus astartes without her power armour, as many have said that she can lift aprox 66.5 tons and i have read once (or more than once i don't quite recall) a Marine ripping a tank appart, the speed could be similar as in the book borthers of the snake a simple battle brother (posibily a tactical marine) looked like he stopped time during a fight against a bunch of dark eldar, killing them quickly.

thanks if you answer this question.

Astartes are Space Marines right? Youre just comparing Samus to the weakest armored Space Marines?

WeeklyBattles said:
Astartes are Space Marines right? Youre just comparing Samus to the weakest armored Space Marines?
yes. i am refering to a tactical marine, if one is comparable to Samus.

Assuming you mean a basic, power armoured Astartes.

Zero Suit Samus should be well beyond your run-of-the-mill Astartes in terms of raw power. Basic Space Marines are tough, but their average lifting strength feats are usually around several tons, with the best being around 25 tons iirc. Samus' lifting strength is well beyond that, and her striking strength is far greater due to performing similar feats under massively greater gravity. Same goes for speed.

This is of course referring to your basic Astartes, and not "hero Astartes", who are so far beyond basic Astartes that it's actually bullshit.

if you want an idea, then i will say...either Talos or Grimaldus, they are standard right? oh and if you want i could copy and past the feat of brothers of the snake, want me to?

I'd definitely consider Grimaldus a "hero Astartes". He has named character privilege, meaning his feats can be vastly greater and it's not surprising. The most reliable feats for basic Astartes are ones that come from non-reoccuring characters or nameless marines.

Zero Suit Samus is Town level, Massively Hypersonic+, and at least Class 50 in Lifting Strength

Standard Space Marines are physically Large Building level, Hypersonic+, and Class 25 Liftig Strength at most

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Which paragraph?
this one:

under speed and reactions

They came out from behind the trees around her, two, then three, then five, all told: five primuls in a circle around her, their eyes like murder for what she had done to their kin.

They threw themselves at her.

For many years afterwards, for the rest of her life, in fact, Perdet Suiton Antoni often wondered how none of them heard him coming. He was just there, suddenly. How could something that big move so fast and so silently, and appear without notice? Between the moment when the primuls began to spring and the moment when they would have fallen upon her, the giant appeared and interposed himself between her and the foul, pouncing creatures. It was almost as if he had stopped the flow of time and edited himself into that particular frame of it.

What followed lasted about three seconds.

The giant had his combat shield locked on his left arm and his short, heavy sword in his right fist. As he arrived, he was swinging the shield out, and smashed it flat into the nearest, leaping primul, shattering bones and deflecting the thing away. Wheeling, he hacked his sword clean through the neck and shoulder of the second, casting out a shower of dark red blood, and then ripped backwards low, cutting through the corpse's thighs even as it toppled, so that the whole mass of the primul folded into a collapsed heap. The third, coming in at the giant's left flank, held some kind of pistol weapon, an ugly, spiky device that spat hard, sharp bullets of buzzing metal. The giant turned, raising his left forearm upright from the elbow, and guarded his face with the combat shield in time to switch the buzzing projectiles away. They struck the shield with loud, angry cracks. One embedded itself there. Another bounced off and decapitated a nearby sapling. As the third bullet hit, the giant deftly tilted his arm very slightly, and ricocheted it off sideways straight into the face of the fourth primul. The creature's head split like a blood-fruit and the primul was savagely thumped backwards, off the ground, its legs wide. It landed, spread-eagled, on its back.

Before the third primul could fire its pistol again, the giant whipped his right arm over and threw his sword like a lance. It struck the primul through the chest, lifting it off its feet with the force of the throw, and impaled it to an olive tree's trunk, its feet dangling and twitching.

The remaining primul, wicked blades in both hands, was dancing round behind the giant. With his free right hand, the giant grabbed the heavy firearm that had been knocking at his hip on its long strap, and shot the primul twice, in the face and the chest. The double boom of the massive gun was so loud it made Antoni cry out and cover her ears. The force of the shots tore the primul apart, and slammed its mangled body across the grove. It bounced sideways off a tree trunk and fell into the bracken. Silence, except for the gurgle of leaking blood.

-Brothers Of the Snake Page 62-65

So that passage is an Astartes inserting himself into the battle faster than the human mind can process and before he can be seen (At least subsonic movement) and blocking what is almost certainly a Splinter Pistol at close range (Considering Splinter weapons are said to fire similarly to Tau railguns, which are well into the Hypersonic range, likely a Hypersonic+ reaction feat)? Sounds right.

So that passage is an Astartes inserting himself into the battle faster than the human mind can process and before he can be seen (At least subsonic movement) and blocking what is almost certainly a Splinter Pistol at close range (Considering Splinter weapons are said to fire similarly to Tau railguns, which are well into the Hypersonic range, likely a Hypersonic+ feat)? Sounds right.
first, i LOVE how you analyse stuff man, i hope this feat is recorded in their profile, and as it seems, our space marine john doe is not equal to Samus right?

Thanks lol

I can probably add those in the Space Marine speed section, since said feat is actually exactly equal to both the Space Marine's movement and reactions, so it's perfect.

Yeah. Zero Suit Samus is well beyond a non-name Astartes. It's the hero Marines and their ridiculousness that would be too much for her, such as Marneus Calgar.

Thanks lol
I can probably add those in the Space Marine speed section, since said feat is actually exactly equal to both the Space Marine's movement and reactions, so it's perfect.

Yeah. Zero Suit Samus is well beyond a non-name Astartes. It's the hero Marines and their ridiculousness that would be too much for her, such as Marneus Calgar.
sp the matter is over, if anyone desires to have a Samus vs Space marine then he/she will be redirected here. also how do i close this thread.

Thanks lol

(Cal takes one look at Marneus Calgar.)

Well, I'm off to make Marneus vs Shadow Mewtwo.

Back