• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

is composite profile fine

i said that his two keys are composite because the series in both keys have basically similar powers. (some are missing in some games though). But he has relatively the same ap in the first key games.

and he has the same ap in the second key. so is composite fine?

also should i say his second key powers are not combat applicable or no.

because https://carnivores.fandom.com/wiki/Upgrades

you don't use upgrades while playing the game. rather you upgrade your stuff before you start a new game.

so how do i deal with that.

Keeping it as two keys is probably better, since there are both powers that hit removed and added, it would be misleading to list them all, since the character didn’t have them all at any point.
Amplification and Damage boost can be listed as “with prep” and given the explanation in the page that it takes time and is done outside of battle.

Keeping it as two keys is probably better, since there are both powers that hit removed and added, it would be misleading to list them all, since the character didn’t have them all at any point.
Amplification and Damage boost can be listed as “with prep” and given the explanation in the page that it takes time and is done outside of battle.

but it's a bit confusing.

If the changes are in different versions of the same game, you can include everything from the different games in one key.

though how exactly do you want me to make the keys?

do i put two keys for tiers

and then in the put in powers and abilities multiple keys

also how do you do this?

you always start out with pistol (so should i say standard equipment pistol. What if i decide to get rid of pistol and choose another weapon. would that weapon be standard equipment then. Just how do i do standard equipment with the choose a weapon first then you can add other weapons if you'd like. Though in these games whenever you start a new game. you always start with pistol)

after the 1998 original game.

So, which abilities are unique to specific games?
And are the abilities only gained, or gained in some games then lost in later ones?

hammer space is in all games except carnivores 1998 and those in the second key.

summoning is in carnivores ice age, ios version of that as well, and carnivores dinosaur hunter

information analysis in all.

sleep manipulation in all

camouflage in all

enhanced senses in all

in the ice age games he has resistance to cold temperatures

fragrance manipulation in all

but what about the weapons (like you get pistol in the beginning always and then choose other optional equipment but the same is in reverse. remove the pistol and choose something else as your primary weapon and then choose other optional weapons)

Okay, I don’t think the change in abilities is substantial enough within the first key that you need to split into more. And since he only gains abilities between the games of the second key, that should be fine as well.
Do the weapons he has access to change aside from the change in key?
Eyeballing it, that jump looks to be above the real world average, but I can’t tell if it’s above the average athletes’ vertical leap.

Okay, I don’t think the change in abilities is substantial enough within the first key that you need to split into more. And since he only gains abilities between the games of the second key, that should be fine as well.
Do the weapons he has access to change aside from the change in key?
Eyeballing it, that jump looks to be above the real world average, but I can’t tell if it’s above the average athletes’ vertical leap.

in the original carnivores games.

1998 carnivores: shotgun, sniper rifle, X-Bow

carnivores 2: same as above plus pistol, db shotgun, rifle

carnivores ice age: same as carnivores 2

carnivores ice age and dinosaur hunter ios thing: same as above all plus revolver and a laser rifle (Psp/ps3 version only)

in the second key

only rifle sniper rifle and x-bow (all three games) plus optional revolver for all 3

Okay, then there’s no need to split the key for weapons either, since it eventually reaches a point where he has access to all of the ones listed for the key at once.
Keeping the profile as two keys is fine. I think you can remove the note about it being composite as well.

though the standard equipment and optional equipment gets wonky blahblah

like in the first game. you can have x-Bow shotgun and sniper rifle as standard equipment

You don't get that in the second game.

also

Double ammo is standard in the ios versions of ice age and carnivores dinosaur hunter

but is optional in the original ice age game.

How am i gonna do this.

Do i put those things in both optional and standard.

or put them in the one that started first?

like if it was optional in the first game it appeared. (then it's optional)

and vice versa.

oh and a this i said

"you get pistol in the beginning always and then choose other optional equipment but the same is in reverse. remove the pistol and choose something else as your primary weapon and then choose other optional weapons"

in almost all the carnivores games barring the 1998 one and the three new ones.

you start off with the pistol always.

and then you can add other weapons as well.

but what if you untap the pistol and choose another weapon as your standard and then add the pistol and others as optional equipment.

does that weapon become standard or no.

Since those games, when you start a new level again. the pistol will always be standard.

I’d simply go with this:
If it’s standard in the majority of games for the key, list it as standard. If it’s optional or doesn’t appear in the majority of the games in the key, make it optional.
Standard equipment doesn’t necessarily have to be in all appearances, just in most appearances.

I’d consider the pistol standard, since it’s the expected weapon of choice.

also thanks but two more things.

double ammo only appears in 3 of the five original games (two of them being standard)

but since it doesn't appear most of time/optional so it's optional?

also

his weaknesses

The Hunter can be killed in one hit by any Dinosaur/Animal capable of killing him, although this is likely a game mechanic. He can also drown and touching lava or being near it can kill him (there is no lava though in the 3 new games though) The Hunter cannot kill without weapons, although just like getting killed in one hit this is likely a game mechanic.

can i just remove the lava and the drowning thing and replace them with just standard human weaknesses (because i'm sure lava and drowning can kill you)

hey would the upgrades count as optional?

since it requires prep for them to use.

and if not prep. (would it count as standard because they always appear before the game (i think)) though i should let you know. you have the choice of upgrading. you can choose not to.

just wondering. if your equipment gives you these powers and abilities does it make it standard or optional?

also the summoning ship appeared 3 out the 5 games. (but if it appeared less games would it be optional?)

i mean if one of your objects allows you to summon (and it's not optional) should it be standard equipment. (what if it was optional. how would you say that in powers and abilities)

(also the photo camera appears in the ios games only. which is 2 out of the 5 games (does this make it optional?)

Yeah, I’d list double ammo as optional.

I don’t think any of those need to be listed as weaknesses. The enemies seem to mostly be large animals, so him getting one shot and being unable to harm them without equipment would be implied by his AP and durability.
It’s also never necessary to list that a human has standard human weaknesses, weaknesses are meant to be things that are abnormal about the individual.

I think just listing upgrades as standard but saying they need prep is more clear in this case.

I think you can list the summoning as standard.

If there are several powers only usable throughoptional equipment, you should put a separate paragraph in powers and abilities titled “With optional equipment:”.
If there’s only one or a small number, just put it as a sentence after other powers but before resistances, and end with “with optional equipment.”

I don’t think any of those need to be listed as weaknesses. The enemies seem to mostly be large animals, so him getting one shot and being unable to harm them without equipment would be implied by his AP and durability.
It’s also never necessary to list that a human has standard human weaknesses, weaknesses are meant to be things that are abnormal about the individual.

I think just listing upgrades as standard but saying they need prep is more clear in this case.

If there are several powers only usable throughoptional equipment, you should put a separate paragraph in powers and abilities titled “With optional equipment:”.
If there’s only one or a small number, just put it as a sentence after other powers but before resistances, and end with “with optional equipment.”

i realized most of his powers come from accesories/optional equipment.

should i make it still two keys?

but there's a tabber in the powers and abilities? (one tabber for optional equipment in the first five games and then tabber for the 2nd key)

but would that make it four keys in the other places?

does upgrades. count as increasing attack potency?

actually i think upgrades as optional because it's your choice if you want to upgrade or not.

also what about the camera?

it only appeared in 2/5 of the games but it was standard.

i realized most of his powers come from accesories/optional equipment.

should i make it still two keys?
You don't need to make another key for optional equipment, just list the powers of optional equipment in the powers and abilities section.
but there's a tabber in the powers and abilities? (one tabber for optional equipment in the first five games and then tabber for the 2nd key)

but would that make it four keys in the other places?
If you wanna make tabs then ok but that wouldn't make four keys no.
does upgrades. count as increasing attack potency?

actually i think upgrades as optional because it's your choice if you want to upgrade or not.
I don't know, it depends on if the upgrade increases AP or not. Statistic amplification is fine for the upgrades.
also what about the camera?

it only appeared in 2/5 of the games but it was standard.
If he always had it in those games then it's standard, this profile is composite I think so it should be fine.

You don't need to make another key for optional equipment, just list the powers of optional equipment in the powers and abilities section.

I don't know, it depends on if the upgrade increases AP or not. Statistic amplification is fine for the upgrades.

If he always had it in those games then it's standard, this profile is composite I think so it should be fine.

possibly yes because of damage boost

also does double ammo count as optional.

i mean it's standard in 2 of the games. 1 of the games it's optional and the other 2 nonexistent.

and since before you start the games. you have the choice of upgrading,

does that mean upgrades are optional?

also does double ammo count as optional.

i mean it's standard in 2 of the games. 1 of the games it's optional and the other 2 nonexistent.
If the profile is composite then it should be standard I think, if not it depends on the version used.
and since before you start the games. you have the choice of upgrading,

does that mean upgrades are optional?
Yes, it's statistics amplification with preperation.

If the profile is composite then it should be standard I think, if not it depends on the version used.

Yes, it's statistics amplification with preperation.

okay but uh what kind superpower is this

it says this

Above the map are two guages, an orange one with an eye at the end and a yellow one with an ear at the end. These guages represent a dinosaur's sight and hearing, respectively. When a dinosaur can see the player, the eye will glow and the guage will begin to fill. If the player crouches or finds cover, the guage will begin to empty. Similarly, if the player stops walking when the yellow guage lights up, it will empty as well. When used in conjunction with the beeper , M.I.S.T. will begin beeping when these guages begin to fill.

also what the bleeper is if you don't want link

The Beeper is an accessory in Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD and Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn that works in conjunction with the M.I.S.T. When the guages that signify if a dinosaur can see or hear the hunter begin to fill, the beeper will begin beeping to alert the hunter of his/her detection. The beeper costs 5 gems to use.

is this enhanced senses or extrasensory perception?

still shouldn't double ammo just be optional if it didn't appear in 2 of the games as well as being optional in 1.

also i noticed the supply ship is a weakness. he can summon it but it takes a bit to arrive and if he's carrying too many weapons it takes a bit to reload all of them.

Back