• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ironwood vs Erron Black

Tbh I didn't look at Erron's AP and mobility advantage and he could've won against Hol even though he had an invisible gun.

Oh boi more MK vs RWBY

Considering Erron can richochet bullets inside of people's bodies and can fire his revolvers much more fast than Ironwood I feel like he takes this through sheer number of attacks and skill.

Ironwood isn't a slack when it comes to fighting but he's by no means at Erron's level with a pistol.

Errors bullet richocheting involves shooting them in the torso, something he can't do until ironwood's aura goes down

I'm mostly using it as an example of his precision and skill.

If for some reason that isn't enough this video shows off his combos in-game and a lot of his animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rCNiU04tdc

Like, he legit throws coins in the air and still richochets his bullets to repeatedly headshot/bodyshot an opponent.

God help Ironwood if he tries grappling with Erron.

Yes and a lot of his more damaging attacks are internal attacks that get noped by aura, whereas Ironwood is superior in h2h combat

He... doesn't need a lot of internal attacks. He'll just hit Ironwood with a dozen or so bullets until Aura goes down. I don't even think he has any other internal attacks besides his X-Ray.

>Ironwood is superior in h2h

You're joking, right?

Erron has a lot of experience during his stay in Outworld and was hired as an assassin for Shang Tsung many years ago. He's definitely better judging by his age and how he fights.

Considering the verse is Mortal Kombat

Erron needs to be good at CQC cause ranged isn't always the best option.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Tbh I didn't look at Erron's AP and mobility advantage and he could've won against Hol even though he had an invisible gun.
TBF Hol was 62 Tons back then so it wouldn't have been enough to not lose

@Dargoo Kudos for using Vman, dude's a beast

Why would aura not be useful? It lets James close the gap without being killed from a distance and prevents Erron's attacks from doing any severe damage until it goes down, by which time James will be more than likely well within CQC range in which he destroys Erron

Considering Aura eventually goes down it just delays the inevitable, and Erron can use his gun alot

Also Error is far from helpless in CQC.

James can use his gun a lot too, and unlike Erron, James' gun will actually do lasting damage when he hits him.

Far from helpless against one of the best CQC fighters in the world. I'd love to see scans of Erron actually fighting hand to hand

So...blocks two telegraphed punches in the first and knocks a guy over with a kick in the second...thats the extent of his CQC? That is basic as hell combat.

So is ironwood but he beats Erron in h2h

Well you said you'd like to see scans of Erron actually fighting H2H

I'm fairly sure he at least has another feat in the comics but I can't be bothered to read those right now.

Ironwood wouldn't beat Erron in hand-to hand as he'd get dozens of bullets loaded into him before he even drops his gun and runs towards Erron.

I've linked Erron's fighting style so there isn't much other to judge than honest opinions from comparison. I think Erron hopelessly outclasses Ironwood in skill, if you don't I can't really do much to convince you other than show fight after fight after fight.

Ironwood's aura will be down in several seconds flat. Every single bullet fired by Erron should land given his insane accuracy. The same can't be said for Ironwood.

Aura is useful. It doesn't give Ironwood the win here given Erron's precision accuracy and attack spam.

I also don't know why H2H is even being discussed given how 90% of Erron's close ranged attacks are gunfire or melee tools.

Hell, Erron could just fire the gun out of Ironwood's hand, lol.

In character Ironwood shoots and charges the opponent at the same time, Eron would need to hit him a few dozen times just to drop his aura whereas a few shots from Ironwood's gun will put Erron down

He outclasses Ironwood in shooting but Ironwood beats him easily in hand to hand combat

Thus far Ironwood has never missed a single shot even when firing his gun behind his head at enemies behind him

Precision doesnt mean shit against an aura user

Charging into a barrage of bullets is a terrible idea. Ironwood's aura would go down even faster. Taking cover would be his best bet.

That doesn't matter. This is primarily a ranged fight. Even then I strongly disagree and I've yet to see any backups to your claims.

I've actually debunked that on a previous thread; and "how often you hit" isn't indicitive of a good marksman, especially if you legit only have one fight. Just look at feats; Erron can richochet his shots with pinpoint accuracy from coins he threw into the air. That kicks the wind out of anything Ironwood has done.

Yes it does. It determines how often they are shot for one, and Ironwood's losing his aura pretty fast here given what you've told me.

He doesnt need to take cover when he can casually dodge multiple things shooting at him simultaneously and not get hit

Cool, Ironwood can still hit targets without even needing to look at them. Im not arguing that Ironwood is better but youre making it sound like he cant hit a stationary target which is flat out wrong.

You say that like hitting an aura user in a certain part of their body will drop their aura faster. It wont.

Erron can richochet his bullets at obtuse angles Ironwood couldn't hope to track. Meanwhile Erron dodges the bullets Ironwood fires going in a straight line.

I'm not saying he's a stationary target. I'm saying he's hopelessly outskilled. Erron does the same while richocheting bullets, by the way.

Nah. I'm just saying Erron will land dozens of bullets on Ironwood before Ironwood lands one. That and he has a higher AP.

Also you're ignoring every other ability Erron has. He can blind Ironwood with sand bombs, use melee weapons when Ironwood gets too close, or stealth Ironwood should he take cover.

I also still disagree Ironwood is better at H2H than Erron. Just look at Erron's grapples and takedowns. He legit juggles fighters in the air with his attacks.

He doesnt need to track them when he can tank a few dozen with his aura. Also Erron uses a 6 shooter does he not?

In a gunfight, not a fistfight.

One is all Ironwood needs. Erron really doesnt have that much higher of an AP

Erron has multiple guns and reloads fast as all heck.

Both, IMO. Also Erron's 'fistfights' largely include his guns, if you watched the vid I linked. Even then they start at a large range, Erron would get plenty of hits in before Ironwood closes distance.

He does, though. RWBY 8-Bs are just "far higher than baseline", while Erron directly scales to 8-B+ attacks. He has a 2x advantage at the very least. And Erron would dodge Ironwood's bullets easy regardless.

Back