• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Do Attack Potency and Durability have to match? Model 42 has a few durability feats that suggest Solar System Level, or at least higher than Large Planet Level, but its AP feats aren't anything higher than Large Planet Level. What should I do about this?

Ok, thank you. The durability feats I was talking about are him tanking hits from Starbrand and Terrax. Do you think that is enough to say "possibly 4-B" or should I just say "possibly far higher"?

Ok, thank you. The durability feats I was talking about are him tanking hits from Starbrand and Terrax. Do you think that is enough to say "possibly 4-B" or should I just say "possibly far higher"?
I dont know, but you should probably get scans for each claim

Do Attack Potency and Durability have to match? Model 42 has a few durability feats that suggest Solar System Level, or at least higher than Large Planet Level, but its AP feats aren't anything higher than Large Planet Level. What should I do about this?
Basically what everyone else said, usually those type of characters are called "Stone Walls"

...what do you mean he tanked hits from Terrax the blade stops short of slicing him in quarters because of Mister Fantastic's efforts, and the amount it sliced it blatantly cleaved through?

Also give me the issue number for the Starbrand feat

Going through the feats, most of the 2000-10s suits (that are standards) would be tier 7 through feats and sheer scaling chain.

The best you could get is a possibly X rating.

Wait you made Model 42 without alerting us...

You didn't citate a single thing of what is in there, or even have discussion over the stats with us...

Yeah the reference thing really had me for a loop there, lol.

Wanted to let you guys know I'm currently doing War Machine Model 1/Iron Man Model 11
And I’m nearly finished with War Machine Model 2.
Thanks guys! A War Machine armor will scale to Ms. Marvel and by proxy a major side of her part of the verse, so note that your efforts are actually working to finalize the revision

Also I wasn't sure how we were gonna handle making tabs for the war machine armors [since War Machine Model 1 is technically an iron man armor too], so I made a separate tab dedicated to the models of War Machine.

Question, why is Model 38's Speed only scaling to the past models but every other buster armor scales to the opponent their fighting (Model 22, Model 36, Model 54, Model 65). Shouldn't 38 scale to the Phoenix then?

Also to clarify, I think Model 2's nuke feat shouldn't be considered for a couple of reasons
  • Angel is RIGHT NEXT TO Iron Man during the explosion, we'll be cherrpicking scaling
  • This was in the 60s, the sheer strength of atomic bombs wasn't understood by general public, hell comic writers thought it was vague enough to give people superpowers
  • It's actually really weirdly drawn, the distance Iron Man is with respect to the bomb keeps shifting
  • This bomb was exploded with a factory in its relatively close vicinity, unless Stark had gone mental and exploding the entire facility, the bomb likely isn't a fraction as powerful. Tier 8 nukes very well do exist, mind you.
  • And honestly the most blatant reason, nothing he does is a fraction bit closer to the tier it may end up in
Also, in that same issue, IM received fall damage to his chest even though he softened his landing, and when he was falling from even higher, he said he would outright die from it.

He also struggled to rip open the locked metal door of an airplane hangar (again, the same issue).

Last edited:
How come the Thanos slap that reached IM scales to 2% quarter of the galaxy level? Even if it logically would have been planet level+, when it actually came down to Earth, it wasn't written to be planet level. The shockwave that hit IM was East coast busting level, and IM himself only took a small portion of it.

Also, I don't think Stark's men took the thumbnail nuke point blank in IM: Director of SHIELD. In that same series, IM was also hurt by a mortar shell, and later by the shockwave or the radiation of the thumbnail nukes going off (IM wasn't hit point blank). Probably mostly by the shockwave since the people or the doctors didn't seem to bother protecting themselves from any radiation from Tony.

Also, doesn't IM in the Dan Slott and the current have several building level statements?

Question, why is Model 38's Speed only scaling to the past models but every other buster armor scales to the opponent their fighting (Model 22, Model 36, Model 54, Model 65). Shouldn't 38 scale to the Phoenix then?
Phoenix was literally moving in a straight line when Stark shot it, it wasn't dodging or anything.

Also, in that same issue, IM received fall damage to his chest even though he softened his landing, and when he was falling from even higher, he said he would outright die from it.
Marvel gravity is wonky as shit, don't try to scale it to real life gravity
He also struggled to rip open the locked metal door of an airplane hangar (again, the same issue).
Deadass this is a massively downplaying outlier, he tanked hits from Namor in the exact same issue too, implication was armor was ****** up hard from it and thus was struggling to do basic things
Also, doesn't IM in the Dan Slott and the current have several building level statements?
There is a difference between building level statements and building-limiting statements. Modern Iron Man's feats also COMPLETELY invalidate those statements imo.

Marvel gravity is wonky as shit, don't try to scale it to real life gravity
Even if it's not the exact same as rl, it shouldn't be too much above it (not to the level of large building at least most of the time).

Deadass this is a massively downplaying outlier, he tanked hits from Namor in the exact same issue too, implication was armor was ****** up hard from it and thus was struggling to do basic things
I wasn't talking about that issue. I was talking about the issue where IM survived a nuke. I know that IM was weakened in the Namor issue. However, he wasn't in the nuke issue. And the reason why I brought these up isn't to say that IM is strictly at the exact same level as these anti feats, but to show that large building level feat would be an outlier even in the same issue.

And it's not like IM doesn't have several more anti feats like these in those old runs.

There is a difference between building level statements and building-limiting statements. Modern Iron Man's feats also COMPLETELY invalidate those statements imo.
I mean, one issue straight up has IM imply his newer armor can't bust tanks or take anti aircraft missiles.

Image 1
Image 2

In the new series, it was apparently said that he had trouble busting bulletproof glass.

Even if these statements don't match exactly with his feats, it still limits his overall level.

Wasn't that issue inside a hologram or something?
I think he was out of the hologram a few issues before this one.

But does it matter? What is important is Tony's statement here (unles there was outside context to it not shown in the scans).

Even if it's not the exact same as rl, it shouldn't be too much above it (not to the level of large building at least most of the time).
Falling off a few feet has yielded 9-A results for normal humans in the verse. You'd be ******* shocked.

In general fall damage is like, the most commonly invalid antifeat, I'm not getting it applied for Marvel when FAR DUMBER examples like video games skate by just fine.
I wasn't talking about that issue. I was talking about the issue where IM survived a nuke. I know that IM was weakened in the Namor issue. However, he wasn't in the nuke issue. And the reason why I brought these up isn't to say that IM is strictly at the exact same level as these anti feats, but to show that large building level feat would be an outlier even in the same issue.

And it's not like IM doesn't have several more anti feats like these in those old runs.
Thanks for counteracting your own statement here. This is you in fact trying to scale them to antifeata
I mean, one issue straight up has IM imply his newer armor can't bust tanks or take anti aircraft missiles.

Image 1
Image 2
...are you seriously gonna go "Model 1 is actually stronger than most modern armors"? This is a ridiculous amount of downplay rn. And note it's not stating they can't do it too, it's just stating that Model 1 isn't as inpet as the villain is making it to be.
In the new series, it was apparently said that he had trouble busting bulletproof glass.
In the new series he also breaks through an adamantium sphere, see the dissonance?
Even if these statements don't match exactly with his feats, it still limits his overall level.
No. They don't. This is just forcing ridiculous statements onto an armor which practically has FAR better feats.

Last edited:

Image 1
Image 2

Which armor model are you talking about specifically? If you mean this one this armor was made after Tony swore off hi tech stuff and used more old school stuff to build it, which explains why it's not as advanced or as strong as other armors before it.

But yeah these antifeats are extremely dumb and I'm straight up not considering them, these are the level of things the Power-Scaling rules account for.

Falling off a few feet has yielded 9-A results for normal humans. You'd be ******* shocked.

In general fall damage is like, the most commonly invalid antifeat, I'm not getting it applied for Marvel when FAR DUMBER examples like video games slate by just fine.
None of the falls in classic IM's case waa above wall level but I wasn't actually saying he was wall level.

I was arguing that IM was around building in those old stories (fall damage still implies a relativelt low level of power) but since the profile indeed lists him around that power, I can drop this.

Thanks for counteracting your own statement here. This is you in fact trying to scale them to antifeata
What you mean? He does scale to them. If the same issue where he survived a nuke has these anti feats, then the nuke feat is invalid.

...are you seriously gonna go "Model 1 is actually stronger than most modern armors"? This is a ridiculous amount of downplay rn. And note it's not stating they can't do it too, it's just stating that Model 1 isn't as inpet as the villain is making it to be.
He still uses tanks and anti aircrafts as measuring sticks, and is very much implying that the newer armors would have trouble with such things. Simple as that.

As for Model 1 being stronger or weaker, those are Tony's words, not mine. And even if Model 1 being stronger or weaker is condradictory (that is a matter of scaling mostly), the level of power portrayed in the statements is still obvious.

In the new series he also breaks through an adamantium sphere, see the dissonance?

Wasn't that not pure adamantium but rather a mixture of metals?

You're saying the writer intended Tony to be continental-planet level but still took his time to write an entire scene about how Tony would have trouble with bulletproof material? If anything, it's an anti feat for the fictional Adamantium metal.

No. They don't. This is just forcing ridiculous statements onto an armor which practically has FAR better feats.
All of them are by Tony himself, and they are pretty clear statements too (not vague or hyperbole).

Like I said, just because the statements don't match 100% with the feats doesn't mean they can be discarded when they still clearly show an overall low level of power. Unless Tony has had consistent and concrete city-country-continent etc. feats latelt, these statements are still a valid indication of his overall power.

You're saying the writer intended Tony to be continental-planet level but still took his time to write an entire scene about how Tony would have trouble with bulletproof material? If anything, it's an anti feat for the fictional Adamantium metal.

All of them are by Tony himself, and they are pretty clear statements too (not vague or hyperbole).

Like I said, just because the statements don't match 100% with the feats doesn't mean they can be discarded when they still clearly show an overall low level of power. Unless Tony has had consistent and concrete city-country-continent etc. feats latelt, these statements are still a valid indication of his overall power.
I'll be blunt and say comics writers are often idiots, they a lot of time botch what scale someone actually at so using the lowest of the low end for someone is dishonest in this context
By this logic I can downgrade the Hulk to 9-B

None of the falls in classic IM's case
Did you miss the part where I said fall damage is the most nonsensical feat to have considered so many characters possess them?
What you mean? He does scale to them.
Name names
If the same issue where he survived a nuke has these anti feats, then the nuke feat is invalid.
Irrelevant point
He still uses tanks and anti aircrafts as measuring sticks, and is very much implying that the newer armors would have trouble with such things. Simple as that.

As for Model 1 being stronger or weaker, those are Tony's words, not mine. And even if Model 1 being stronger or weaker is condradictory (that is a matter of scaling mostly), the level of power portrayed in the statements is still obvious.
It's not? He states Model 1 can deal with them, not a single word that modern armors cannot do that, and no this is a matter of scaling for the level of power for the statements, since they're the power indeed possessed by Model 1.
Wasn't that not pure adamantium but rather a mixture of metals?
Scans stating this?
You're saying the writer intended Tony to be continental-planet level but still took his time to write an entire scene about how Tony would have trouble with bulletproof material?
Bulletproof material is 9-B most the time. I will not buy 9-B Iron Man.
If anything, it's an anti feat for the fictional Adamantium metal.
If anything in fact, it just means the bulletproof material scene is the dumb one, even a steel sphere of that thickness is harder to bust through than bulletproof glass.

Is your feat selection now inherently superior to ours because they're lower stats or some shit?
All of them are by Tony himself, and they are pretty clear statements too (not vague or hyperbole)
...no? The Battleship statement is said in the heat of battle and sounds like a massive boast anyways for Model 1's strength with respect to modern armors. It's a blatant hyperbole, and you still haven't posted the Bulletproof material scan so I can't judge that
No, they're not. Statements are throwaway lines you're hyperfocusing rather than noting extremely basic feats they do that matter.

And y'know what? Yes, yes they do have far higher feats consistently than the level these feats potray them.

Did you miss the part where I said fall damage is the most nonsensical feat to have considered so many characters possess them?
I forgot to finish that part of the post before posting:
None of the falls in classic IM's case waa above wall level but I wasn't actually saying he was wall level.

I was arguing that IM was around building in those old stories (fall damage still implies a relativelt low level of power) but since the profile indeed lists him around that power, I can drop this.
----------
...no? The Battleship statement is said in the heat of battle and sounds like a massive boast anyways for Model 1's strength with respect to modern armors. It's a blatant hyperbole, and you still haven't posted the Bulletproof material scan so I can't judge that.
He is describing the thoughness of MK1 by listing what it can do, that does not sound like hyperbole, you're trying to invalidate the statement.

As for the rest of your post, I have told you this before already, I am not saying IM is strictly 9-B because of that statement, since it is unlikely that the scale of every feats can match each other perfectly. I myself don't think he is 9-B. However, it still is a pretty concrete statement of power, and would still invalidate the continent shit.

It shows the OVERALL portrayed level of the character and it is quite clear that it's relatively grounded and not continent-planet level.

Anyway, here is the scan:

Unless there is further context to this, it is pretty concrete.

Back