• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man (MCU) vs Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Yang Xiao Long

Alakabamm said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1TJ5YA3jfw&t=325s
Well, I'd rather go with how it is explained in series, which states that it is used to enhance their equipment for combat. It would be very strange for it to not be the source of their superhuman power. I'm pretty sure Oum even compared it to Chakra once.
it's not the source of their superhuman powers, it is used to enchance. It is stated to "enchance" and nothing more.

But that means it could potentially account for their superhuman behavior. Again, there is no proof either way but common sense for verses that use energy systems says that it enhances all aspects of their being. You wouldn't try to argue that Goku's power doesn't come from Ki, Naruto's from Chakra, Gon's from Nen, etc....right?

Alakabamm said:
But that means it could potentially account for their superhuman behavior. Again, there is no proof either way but common sense for verses that use energy systems says that it enhances all aspects of their being. You wouldn't try to argue that Goku's power doesn't come from Ki, Naruto's from Chakra, Gon's from Nen, etc....right?
Uh, Goku's power doesn't come from KI (Before Sayian Saga at least), it just enchances.

Alakabamm said:
At what point does this get added to pages? The speed unequalized round is unanimous and it is 3-1 for RWBY on speed equalized so I am kinda curious.
Team ups on a single person don't get added.

I mean if the person getting teamed up on loses, then it won't be added. It's not notable and just seems obvious. If it was an even matchup like a 3v3 with the Birth By Sleep Trio vs the Powerpuff Girls, then it gets added.

WeeklyBattles said:
Then Datrh Vader's victory should be removed from their pages.
Wait Team RWBY has a match with Darth Vader? Isn't that ya know...a stomp? It shouldn't be added anyways?

Darth Vader won against them. That is a notable feat. If he lost, that isn't notable because he already was outnumbered from the beginning.

Don't. Canon Vader's an 8-B while he's facing four High 8-Cs. That is notable.

In a nutshell, tell me why MCU Tony loses against Team RWBY?

Natse said:
It's not about Darth Vader's powers it's about his haxes almost eveyone who said Darth Vader wins admitted it was a stomp thus it should be removed, plus Darth has Realvistic reactions so none of Team RWBY can hit him at all. Iron Man doesn't have any hax plus Team RWBY is faster there ya go. It's not always about AP.

Tony has serious AP and durability advantage here.

Way I see it...

R1 goes to RWBY 6/10 due to teamwork and superior reflexes. Tony makes it even via carpet bombing the area with missiles.

R2 goes to Tony 8/10 due to superior AP and durability. With speed equal, they're not stopping a flying armor from taking off and carpet bombing the area or picking them off one by one. RWBY can still take it with teamwork somehow.

Thebluedash said:
Natse said:
It's not about Darth Vader's powers it's about his haxes almost eveyone who said Darth Vader wins admitted it was a stomp thus it should be removed, plus Darth has Realvistic reactions so none of Team RWBY can hit him at all. Iron Man doesn't have any hax plus Team RWBY is faster there ya go. It's not always about AP.
Still a notable feat when he has no use of TK in first round and almost all of his listed abilities are EU.

Gemmysaur said:
Tony has serious AP and durability advantage here.
Way I see it...

R1 goes to RWBY 6/10 due to teamwork and superior reflexes. Tony makes it even via carpet bombing the area with missiles.

R2 goes to Tony 8/10 due to superior AP and durability. With speed equal, they're not stopping a flying armor from taking off and carpet bombing the area or picking them off one by one. RWBY can still take it with teamwork somehow.
And they will take it with team work. If speed is equalized, long range combat is completely and utterly useless on both sides. Tony would go up, empty his arsenal, RWBY dodges, and now he has to come back down to fight.

Not really, Tony can easily use the environment to his advantage and he also has a signficant AP advantage so long range combat is the best choice for him. Plus, RWBY is even more limited in stamina than Tony's armors given the fact that Aura exists. A long range battle with speed equalized is something Tony can win.

How many times do I have to point it out? Unless they are actually HETTING HIT your aura argument is completely invalid. That is how the aura works. The only one here has less stamina is Weiss and the rest are perfectly fine.

Uh...did I say that? If I did I retract it. They don't have unlimited stamina. They have really high stamina besides Weiss.

Drellix said:
And they will take it with team work. If speed is equalized, long range combat is completely and utterly useless on both sides. Tony would go up, empty his arsenal, RWBY dodges, and now he has to come back down to fight.
With speed equal, and with RWBY catching Tony flatfooted, Tony could just you know, grab any one of them, and chest beam, then fly away. In-character, RWBY doesn't execute team plays until they're pushed to a corner so that's what Tony is exploiting in this match, given his flimsy morals (making sure every civilian is unharmed before carpet bombing, yet at the same time just shoots normal human enemies with repulsors with enough concussive force to send them flying 15 feet).

Gemmysaur said:
Drellix said:
With speed equal, and with RWBY catching Tony flatfooted, Tony could just you know, grab any one of them, and chest beam, then fly away. In-character, RWBY doesn't execute team plays until they're pushed to a corner so that's what Tony is exploiting in this match, given his flimsy morals (making sure every civilian is unharmed before carpet bombing, yet at the same time just shoots normal human enemies with repulsors with enough concussive force to send them flying 15 feet).
Grabbing a martial artist, and girl with a scythe, a girl with a whip like weapon that can also make images of herself or use dust to make solid or fire or whatever images, or a girl who we still don't know all the capabilities of her glyphs is going to be rough for Tony. Tony has no experience in expert hand to hand combat.

Drellix said:
Gemmysaur said:
Drellix said:
Grabbing a martial artist, and girl with a scythe, a girl with a whip like weapon that can also make images of herself or use dust to make solid or fire or whatever images, or a girl who we still don't know all the capabilities of her glyphs is going to be rough for Tony. Tony has no experience in expert hand to hand combat.
Tony, however, has the superior durability, AP and physical strength to do so.

Yang gets unibeamed if she gets caught once as she is a brawler at worst and a boxer at best, meaning no grappling moves of note to wrestle out of an Iron Man armor.

Ruby, with her scythe, needs a lot of maneuverability to be of use, so she isn't exactly fine if she gets grabbed once.

Blake can escape via clones, sure.

Weiss has to concentrate to use her glyphs as well as use Myrtenaster as a focal point. She isn't doing that if she's grabbed once and she is prone to using glyphs to bullrush an opponent so she is prone to getting grabbed and gibbed as well.

I'll point this out. Tony has displayed decent hand-to-hand martial arts in Iron Man 3 but it doesn't compare to even Cap's. He's an excellent strategist though.

This is all assuming he can grab them. Since Yang out does him completely in martial arts, no chance. And she just tanks the unibeam, make her stronger and beat him to death. Weiss is easily able to concentrate under pressure in a fight. And Ruby has maneuverability.

Drellix said:
This is all assuming he can grab them. Since Yang out does him completely in martial arts, no chance. And she just tanks the unibeam, make her stronger and beat him to death. Weiss is easily able to concentrate under pressure in a fight. And Ruby has maneuverability.
Yang is a boxer, she does not do much beyond punching stuff. She also doesn't tank Tony's huge AP advantage which is easily 10 times higher than the durability of anyone in RWBY.

Weiss is easily able to concentrate under pressure in a fight. Hmm. I missed that during the many times she had to stand still to cast a glyph.

Ruby has maneuverability at scythe range, not anywhere shorter than that (e.g. arm's length). Given that she tends to propel herself towards her opponent as her standard fighting style, she bumps into Tony, and gets unibeamed as a result.

Drellix said:
Since Yang out does him completely in martial arts, no chance.
This is what people actually believe about a 17 year old girl who has been in maybe five fights the entire series. Jesus.

Alakabamm said:
She's like a bad berserker, you even have a Neo avatar, you should know.
I'm Houghton bust this sentence apart. She's not good at fight agile, athletic opponents. No berserker is.

Alakabamm said:
Drellix said:
This is what people actually believe about a 17 year old girl who has been in maybe five fights the entire series. Jesus.
Basing a characters strength on their age is absolutely absurd. And the amount of fights. Or do you have access to the story before volume 1 happened? If so please enlighten us on how she never once had a fight while she was in a previous school to make HUNTRESS AND HUNTERS.

Basically team RWBY just has more...unpredictability. Every weapon has some sort of secret back up weapon, each one has proven to have exceptional Team Work, and is faster in round one. Even without speed, their diverse set of skills is easily enough to overcome him.

Drellix said:
Alakabamm said:
Drellix said:
Basing a characters strength on their age is absolutely absurd. And the amount of fights. Or do you have access to the story before volume 1 happened? If so please enlighten us on how she never once had a fight while she was in a previous school to make HUNTRESS AND HUNTERS.
Then why does a weak telekinetic like Glynda wipe the floor with her? It's certainly age. You really think someone with many years of experience would be outskilled by a teenage girl? It's very absurd to even begin to say that unless they have a serious background from birth (such as X-23) or maybe some sort of past life (Korra). But in this case, it can be assumed that they maybe started training to fight while at elementary school age, if even that.

It's less about Tony being more skilled (not in martial arts, in fighting) and more about how I am seeing people treat this verse.

Weak Telekinetic...? The one who can repair destroyed buildings and streets in seconds? When did she ever fight Yang exactly?

Alakabamm said:
Drellix said:
Alakabamm said:
Drellix said:
Then why does a weak telekinetic like Glynda wipe the floor with her? It's certainly age. You really think someone with many years of experience would be outskilled by a teenage girl? It's very absurd to even begin to say that unless they have a serious background from birth (such as X-23) or maybe some sort of past life (Korra). But in this case, it can be assumed that they maybe started training to fight while at elementary school age, if even that.
It's less about Tony being more skilled (not in martial arts, in fighting) and more about how I am seeing people treat this verse.
When was Glynda deemed a weak TK. And she never fought Yang.

Back