• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man (MCU) vs Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Yang Xiao Long

Iron Man from the Marvel Cinematic Universe vs Team RWBY. Tony here has his Mark 43 armor from the beginning of Age of Ultron, not his Hulkbuster armor or the Mark 45 armor he used against Vibranium Ultron.

Round 1: Unmodified Stats

Round 2: Speed Equalized

Will Tony's pure tech come out on top?

This is a tough one. While they are slightly faster in speed and much faster in reaction speed, normally I would give it to team RWBY. But in armor 43 he is City Block Level and is a genius in intelligence. All in all though I think team RWBY would be able to speed blitz him in round one. Round two I think they could out last him till his weapon run low. Close one though.

Well, in the first round, if they blitz him and attack him before he gets off the ground, then they can win. Of course, this is under the presumption that they know he can fly - if they don't, he could get airborne and rain death on them with them unable to do anything. Still, I give it to RWBY the majority of the time as they should at least damage him before flight.

As for speed equalized, Tony should take it. Nobody in RWBY is capable of serious flight and they struggled to take out a Grimm that could fly. Tony could leisurely stay in the sky and dodge all their attacks whilst raining death on them.

Alakabamm said:
Well, in the first round, if they blitz him and attack him before he gets off the ground, then they can win. Of course, this is under the presumption that they know he can fly - if they don't, he could get airborne and rain death on them with them unable to do anything. Still, I give it to RWBY the majority of the time as they should at least damage him before flight.
As for speed equalized, Tony should take it. Nobody in RWBY is capable of serious flight and they struggled to take out a Grimm that could fly. Tony could leisurely stay in the sky and dodge all their attacks whilst raining death on them.
So we're basing it on the volume 1 version of them because later on they got stronger and have better coordination as a team.

Drellix said:
Alakabamm said:
So we're basing it on the volume 1 version of them because later on they got stronger and have better coordination as a team.
No we're basing it on the profile and the fact that they can't fly. Can Ruby magically fly now?

No but their weapons when fired boost them into the air. And their bullets would be coming up at him too. Also, do they have access to dust?

They should have access to dust. But it doesn't matter, because their boosts haven't even gotten them close to cruising height and a boosted attack at equalized speed wouldn't hit Tony in the first place. In addition to that, Tony easily dodges bullets and tanks anything but the highest of dust infused rounds.

Flying is extremely broken against lower tier enemies that don't have it.

Weiss uses dust to create launch pads for them all to launch themselves at him. Flying is now irrelevant.

Hardly. Her dust pads don't reach particuarly high and I already basically mentioned them in my first post here. Because RWBY can't fly, they are relying on perfectly linear paths to attack Tony, which is basically useless as Tony is extremely intelligent and extremely agile in the air. They can't touch him, nor can Weiss spam them to get high enough without turning RWBY into sitting ducks for a city block level attack (which would easily take them out one by one).

Also a linear path. Additionally, because this wasn't mentioned, let me mention that Tony is among the top 10 most intelligent human characters in the Marvel verse. Predicting them is a snack wrap.

Yes I know he is. And so was Light Yagami but he still got caught. So was L and he still lost. Intelligence is everything though granted it is very important. Team RWBY has never been predictable. And Blake also has Gambol Shroud that allows her you use it like a whip, get it hooked and bam, she's on him.

Yea, uhh, grappling with a person who has potentially 10x as much AP as you is probably not a great idea. That would be an auto incap for Blake.

"Team RWBY has never been predictable." He has a supercomputer and they are using basic arcs to move...I am pretty sure a high schooler could predict where they would land...

I'm not referring to trajectories. I'm referring to what they have in mind when they get up there. And AP is referring to how much overall damage he could do. Not a punch. That would be in the strike section.

They both have the same striking strength so that's irrelevant. I was referring to his chest laser. It's a very very bad idea to grapple him at all. Not even mentioning that, as I mentioned before, he would be nowhere in canon range of Weiss' pads. He's also fought whip bearing enemies before.

Also, on your first point, you are completely misunderstanding what I am saying. Non-flyers are forced to follow linear trajectories whilst airborne. That's not even close to a match for agile flyers like Iron Man.

She gets around his back side. Damage his repulsors. Falls to the ground. Their first objective would be to bring him down because they know they don't stand a chance against a flying opponent.

1. Not enough AP to do it in one strike nor enough flight capacity/air agility.

2. That point implies prior knowledge of Tony....if this match was prior knowledge, Tony would be 10,000 meters up raining death on them, which is far far out of their range.

We are not talking about round 2 yes? At this point they know he can fly and how. And never said one strike.

But he is out of their effective range and even if they somehow managed to get in range (again,. Weiss' jumps don't go that high), he can easily dodge them because they have almost zero agility in the air. And yes, I am talking about round 2.

Round 1: Team RWBY as stated above

Round 2: Speed equalized huh? Even with speed equalized Team RWBY fought as a team before against flying opponents (Nevermore) and they were fine. Plus that was there first time working together, by now they even better teamwork skills as shown in the fight vs Roman's paladin. Like all RWBY characters team RWBY has heightened perception which is somewhat like battle-precog. All Team RWBY manga has range attacks and it shouldn't be hard hitting Iron Man. And with all 4 of them together Team RWBY wins.

They struggled against the Nevermore and the Nevermore is much less agile and powerful compared to Tony, even in a lesser suit like Mark 43. RWBY in general doesn't have battle precog and any perception is minimal enough that it is easily equalized by Tony's own extremely powerful sensors. RWBY's range attacks are not fast enough for Tony and they just can't take his hits very well.

Alakabamm said:
They struggled against the Nevermore and the Nevermore is much less agile and powerful compared to Tony, even in a lesser suit like Mark 43. RWBY in general doesn't have battle precog and any perception is minimal enough that it is easily equalized by Tony's own extremely powerful sensors. RWBY's range attacks are not fast enough for Tony and they just can't take his hits very well.
When speed is equalized, it includes everything speed,reaction,combat,attacks. So their attacks can't be slower than Tony's anyways sticking with my choice.

No, I'm referring to their bullet speed, which is what all of RWBY's speeds are calc'ed from anyways. Excluding the new lightning calc of course.

Alakabamm said:
No, I'm referring to their bullet speed, which is what all of RWBY's speeds are calc'ed from anyways. Excluding the new lightning calc of course.
I know, what I'm saying that does not matter, because with speed equalized ALL speeds are equalized including weapons and ****.(2nd round)

Even with that argument, you are still saying that Tony is as fast as a bullet. With serious air distance. he can dodge it. It's like if a person charged at you, you should be able to dodge them if they are equal speed.

Alakabamm said:
Even with that argument, you are still saying that Tony is as fast as a bullet. With serious air distance. he can dodge it. It's like if a person charged at you, you should be able to dodge them if they are equal speed.
Same applies to Team RWBY

Alakabamm said:
Well I'm sticking with my choices anyways.

@Drellix, I understand that, I think Tony can outlast RWBY considering his superior AP and even though his weapon systems are limited so is RWBY's aura (which is what allows their speed, durability and AP anyways).

@Thebluedash, that's fine I was just rebutting.

Aura has nothing to do with their speed or AP. And Tony's armor runs on a limited power source. He has the rockets and other weapons but using his repulsors will drain his power and. Not to mention his flying constantly.

Drellix said:
Aura has nothing to do with their speed or AP.
The series quite explictly says that fighting drains aura and that aura is tied to stamina. This is a battle mechanic, even. Heck, Jaune got a massive power boost when he got Aura. It's very clearly the source of their superhuman behavior.

At what point does this get added to pages? The speed unequalized round is unanimous and it is 3-1 for RWBY on speed equalized so I am kinda curious.

Alakabamm said:
Drellix said:
The series quite explictly says that fighting drains aura and that aura is tied to stamina. This is a battle mechanic, even. Heck, Jaune got a massive power boost when he got Aura. It's very clearly the source of their superhuman behavior.
Incorrect. They were always strong without using their aura. Activating it drains their energy yes. And defense is all it really is. Keep them from getting injured.

Drellix said:
Alakabamm said:
Drellix said:
Incorrect. They were always strong without using their aura. Activating it drains their energy yes. And defense is all it really is. Keep them from getting injured.
Is there any evidence for this? I can only recall Jaune getting activated.

RWBY should take this soundly. Tony has a single armor, however, Blake or Yang could dominate in close range because of their strengths, Ruby could blitz, and Weiss could manipulate Tony's movements with her Glyphs. Tony has a brains advantage but he should be undone by RWBY's team work, variety, speed, and range. Both rounds of course.

Alakabamm said:
Drellix said:
Alakabamm said:
Drellix said:
Is there any evidence for this? I can only recall Jaune getting activated.
He did get activated. But it's used only in defense.

But that's exactly what I'm saying: there's no evidence that it's just used for defense. Even the way that it is described suggests that it is used for attaining superhuman status. Pyrrha also said that Aura is channeled through one's weapon, so that suggests it is the source of AP for all Aura users.

Alakabamm said:
But that's exactly what I'm saying: there's no evidence that it's just used for defense. Even the way that it is described suggests that it is used for attaining superhuman status. Pyrrha also said that Aura is channeled through one's weapon, so that suggests it is the source of AP for all Aura users.
Again incorrect. It is used to protect them. But I can HELP them perform certain attacks. But only help. They have actual physical strength.

Alakabamm said:
It is not, when the RWBY characters uses aura you can actually see it (a unique aura color "outlines" the body). Whereas the times when they are attacking you do not see anything, in contrast to when they are using it for defense or sensing.

Back