• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ip-Man VS Mr. Miyagi

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
The man who trained Bruce Lee takes on one of cinema's most iconic karate masters. Bare hands and improvised weapons only. Who takes it?

(P.S.: This place sorely lacks good Street level matches imo.)

Ip-Ma: 2 (CoreOfimBalance, LordAnomanderRake)

Mr. Miyagi: 0

I feel like this happened before... But I do lean a bit on Ip Man due to the fact that his feats can also be done when he's starved and hasn't practiced for so long.

Miyagi has only had one other match besides this one, and it was with Ford Pines.

Still, vote added.

I feel like Ip Man's feats are more impressive. We don't know if Mr. Miyagi can hold his own for so long against 30 armed oponents or Mike Tyson.

Gonna revive this hopefully. But Miyagi honestly. Both are highly skilled and seem to be on similar levels in power. But everything Miyagi did was with no effort. People who break stone and shatter several cubes of ice with a single strike is nothing to him. As well Daniel, who is honestly extremely weak compasses to most of the verse, has his wood breaking feat. Then Miyagi once hit That proffessoinal boxer/martial ars guy hard enough to shatter the glass wall. Without much effort. Plus the arrow catching feat makes him easily fast enough. And with his waiting sort of style fighting way, he would wear down Ip man pretty quickly thanks to the speed and strength.

Miyagi FTW

I don't really get the reasoning for Miyagi aside from the speed part, Ip-Man heavily outskills by virtue of simulataneously taking on 10 guys who are on the level of or better than the guys Miyagi stomps one by one and low diffing them, walking through armies of armed martial artists, facing a variety of different styles and going by his fight with Tin Chi, stomps the masters of every style that was taught in Hong Kong. He also has far greater skill with weapons, often switching between random and improve weapons in the 1 man army fights, and can pressure point other weapon masters with a duster he just picked up.

AP wise, Ip-Man is casually 30x baseline while Miyagi has no calc (that really should be fixed tbh) and even if we apply our own standards for one shots to baseline (I know we aren't supposed to but may as well), Ip is casually twice as strong as Miyagi, has pressure point attacks and can shrug off hits equal to his own with only an eye jab giving any issue, with blows like Twister's being far stronger but still shaken off, something Ip would have all the time to do since Miyagi lets people get their bearings after downing them.

Miyagi has the speed advantage, but Ip-Man's ability to fend off multiple people slightly slower and even people equal to him from sound alone should be enough to overcome or at least mitigate the difference in speed given its around x3 worst case scenario.

If it wasn't for Miyagi's superhuman speed, I'd say Ip stomps but as it stands, I still don't see how Miyagi is going to be able to win here when his only advantage is speed but that isn't as useful with his wait an see approach, something Ip shares but to a lesser extent.

I agree with Ip Man as well and I have seen both. Even if the stone statue and wooden beam feat gets calced close to 9-B wouldnt make much difference, as Im not sure if he'd even beat General Miura. (though cartoon Miyagi is easily 9-B as he can wrestle with crocs) Anyways grace prolly ended while ago.

Idk, AnonymousBlank was counted and Ionliosite voted after 6 and theres still me (yeah that was meant to be one fra) so its already 8 to 2 ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

The setting of both movies were far too diffrent.
Ip man win 100% in everyway even ice block feat cant be compare to Congrete.
Ip man movies were way too fast for Karate kid. (Just look how they fight in Cobra Kai lol)
Vote Ipman

Back