• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The real cal howard said:
Lucario just blows up the warheads with Dragon Pulse, tbh.
He shoots one down, 7 more will fly. Warships have problems to shoot them down due to their homing system and movement patterns and they have hundrets of Lightspeed photon cannons equipped. A single source of defence wont amount to the same as multiple warships.

Does Extremespeed break the rule for speed equalization here, though? Cause I think Lucario can use that to dodge the AOEs

Also, the Light speed part doesn't really matter due to, again, speed equalization, but maybe it could be a difference.

Dragopentling said:
Does Extremespeed break the rule for speed equalization here, though? Cause I think Lucario can use that to dodge the AOEs
Also, the Light speed part doesn't really matter due to, again, speed equalization, but maybe it could be a difference.
You got me wrong there. In canon, lightspeed weapons coudnt snipe them. What makes you think that attacks that are as fast as the warheads have a better chance at it?

Extremespeed is a speed amp iirc correctly so it should be fair game. Lucario dosnt know that he has to instantly speed out of it though and like i said, a single misstep gets him locked into the anomaly, meaning that once he is in hes dead.

Edit: After rereading for a bit, scratch the whole unsnipeability, its warships can snipe them out, but are only capable of sniping a hand full out of a single volley. And destroying them before they detonate dosnt show large scale explosions. So even if Lucario manages to shot down a handfull of them (Remember, Warships are carrying 100 of Photon cannons compared to Lucarios single Aura volleys) he still woudnt get the necessary intel to fully dodge them.

Unless they're a higher tier, they don't hurt. Lucario hits and it's game. Iona needs to hit with the warheads.

No ack, my point was that Lucario cant shoot down all Warheads with Dragon impulse, because Warships cant do that either with arguably more lazors than Lucario has at the same time.

technically speed equal isn't SBA

I meant that Lucario firing a single aura sphere would surely be faster than Iona firing multiple warheads.

Alternatively, Lucario sees the warheads coming, speed amps + espeed boosts and gets the heckle out of there.

GyroNutz said:
technically speed equal isn't SBA
I meant that Lucario firing a single aura sphere would surely be faster than Iona firing multiple warheads.

Alternatively, Lucario sees the warheads coming, speed amps + espeed boosts and gets the heckle out of there.
A single Aura sphere would be intercepted by her duplicates and Warheads.

Lucario dosnt know that he needs to sprint away hundrets of meters away to survive a single warhead. Those warheads will fly in entire volleys, through water and air, lock onto Lucario and will lock him in a spatial anomaly if he dosnt sprint hundrets of meter away.

GyroNutz said:
His precog + aura will be screaming at Lucario to get out of the way.
Guss he knows then, but he cant keep avoiding entire salvos for ever.

How does his precog btw work.

The move Detect is practically built-in preincog, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh yeah, I've yet to mention Lucario being able to use Me First.

Yeah Detect is temporary precognition. Lucario's aura also allows it to passively read the thoughts of an opponent, and this passive has a range of over half a mile.

Reading the thoughts of a quantum pc whos thinking speed is several times ftl is hard to imagine. But detect seems to be fair game i guess.

Right now no vote count until mutual agreements are established among the ones in the thread, I think.

P.s. I need to start trying to get to Vs threads early so I don't feel overwhelmed and unable to confidently give my own personal standpoint.

There is no need for a mutual agreement,that would mean in most cases that the outcome was decided from the beginning. I stand by my vote for Iona

Honestly don't see how Iona would launch enough attacks to keep her from getting 2HKO'd. Unless she can launch them all simultaneously, it's not looking good for her, especially since one of Lucario's IQ Skills allow him to attack two times at once.

8 Torpedo tubes to cover city blocks 2 dimensionaly talking, 18 missile tubes to cover double the size 3 dimensionaly speaking + 3 planes carrying one each that are directly controlled by Iona and can flexibly cover Lucarios escape space. Each Warhead in turn covers 220m/720ft. Everything will be launched at the same time, heck thats what i mean with salvos.

Either or screws over Iona. Either Lucario blows up the launchers and Iona's screwed over through that or Lucario blows up her and he wins as she dies first.

Either or screws over Iona. Either Lucario blows up the launchers and Iona's screwed over through that or Lucario blows up her and he wins as she dies first.
You dont mind telling me how exactly he does that? With what move for instance. Because im pretty sure Iona dosnt start next to Lucario.

I already adressed Aura Sphere, Iona can intercept it with dublicates (She can literally shoot them like torpedos) and corrosive warheads.

Dragon Impulse can be dodged by emergency thruster amping her speed (allowed her to dodge a Super Graviton Cannon)

Anything close quarter combat related gets countered via her Klein Field and her perception plus thinking speed, even if Lucario speed amp himself.

Speed is equalized. Her perception/thinking speed = Lucario's. Also it's Dragon Pulse, not Dragon Impulse. Iona can't intercept because it powers through what she has to counter it due to that gap.

Speed is equalized. Her perception/thinking speed = Lucario's. Also it's Dragon Pulse, not Dragon Impulse. Iona can't intercept because it powers through what she has to counter it due to that gap.
That... woudnt work though. Because everything in Ionas arsenal needs her thinking speed you know. Iona cant put up a Klein Field or use her Warheads to the fullest extend without it. Why do you think did i make such a fuse about the whole mimicry argument?

My bad, the last time i played pokemon was years ago, so cut me some slack ovo

Her Duplicates gets oneshotted but the warheads are stopping the aura sphere, the energy ball gets frozen in place and spatialy eroded.

Lucario's just boosted to her speed then. Speed equal's mandatory for this match to happen so either we gotta live with it and just ignore some of the contradictions that occur, or this match can't happen.

Fair enough but play the games again ovo

Again, fair enough. Lucario can blow up Warheads still.

I'm pretty sure that stuff like this is counted more akin to skill and intelligence. Eversors still get helped out by their sentinel array feeding them a ton of information to process even in speed equal, after all.

Her Thinking/Perception speed is =/= her actual combat speed though. Her missiles and lazers arent moving faster just because she thinks faster. And Lucario dosnt benefit much from that thinking speed either but alright i guess?

You know, at this point i am ok with just writing this down as incon. While i still believe that Iona has the edge, i dont want any of us 2 to leave with a bad mood.

Back