• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invulnerability, Immunity and NLF

You know I have been wondering, what is it that seperates an invulnerable character from a stone wall?

@Czers I do not think we actually have an unwritten rule like that

So... ahem.

If you all remember my attempts to make a VS battle Wiki, It was a respect thread on Uberhero from Patapon 3.

Of course, one of his abilities is resistance to elements.

But should it really be resistance? The game states that his "resistances" are literal infinite. It is even backed up by no being ever able to inflict that type of elemental damage. Is it Infinite Resistance?

Using "infinite" on its own isn't the best justification for such an incredible resistance. Preferably he would need to give more explanation first. I know of several pieces of media that use "infinite" despite what they are describing being very much finite.

I think Uberheroes are not resistant "infinitely" (seeing how Taterazay can still suffer from it), I would think that Hatapons being more resistant or immune is much more "believable" than that.. (Because apparently it was said that the flag grants immunity to all status effects because it is a treasure blessed by a deity, passed down through generations of Hatapons).

The conclusion is for most general hax abilities, we use resistance instead of immunity, unless the thing they manipulate is not present. For example, only characters with no soul are immune to soul manipulation, same with mindless characters for mind manipulation, or characters with no physical self being immune to matter manipulation.

Okay. Thanks.

So should the Resistance and Invulnerability pages be updated with this information?

Also, would anybody be willing to organise a minor revision project via Google search for the wiki, wherein immunity is changed to resistance for various pages?

I tried using a google search but it also shows the forum threads on the wiki. Is there a way to exclude these from results?

I am not sure. Maybe something like this as search terms:

Immunity -"topics for this thread" site:vsbattles.wikia.com

Thank you, even though blogs and images are still left that's much better.

I'll see about batching those results into a more shareable format (google results vary depending on user).

Here is a list of all pages I found using the search Immunity -"topics for this thread" -"full resolution (original file)" site:vsbattles.wikia.com which also catches pages which say "immune" instead of "immunity".

I've tried to weed out duplicated and false positives (pages getting found because of forum threads at the bottom or because they're about characters that affect the immune system), but some are likely still left.

I'm not planning on actually organizing a revision project right now, but if no-one's started it by the weekend I'll try to start organizing it then.

Back