• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible season 2 general discussion

Mark won by exploiting his inability to breathe in space, he could not out-muscle Conquest.
Ngl I feel the Conquest vs Mark fight is the biggest misconception in the series given what happened with Mark vs Anissa afterwards and such

I made a Rex blog here and I'm wondering if he should have a "possibly Mountain level+" physical AP since he could hurt a lot of characters who have that durability. I thought it might be plot induced stupidity or something like that but it seems too consistent for that to be the case.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on it

Mark won by exploiting his inability to breathe in space, he could not out-muscle Conquest.
It follows that Conquest died because he did not take the fight as seriously as Mark. Mark technically killed him already, bringing shame upon him by Thragg, and yet he still didn't want to kill him until after Oliver. His whole thing is he takes pleasure in killing, and he ended dying while impaling Mark instead of breaking his arms.

I’m talking about the first fight, where Mark utterly demolishes him under conventional physical means. Even before he won, he had certain moments where the strength spikes were evident.

I’m talking about the first fight, where Mark utterly demolishes him under conventional physical means. Even before he won, he had certain moments where the strength spikes were evident.
No, after he said "enough game,"Conquest dominated Mark around the globe before the latter could get a shot in again. Eve interrupts, Conquest exploits this moment to break Mark's femur, nearly kills Eve, then his prosthetic is destroyed, a chunk is bitten out, Mark tackles him to the ground, Eve blasts Conquest, and Mark comes back to keep punching him before Conquest crushes his hand. It looks like his keeps a hold of his hand until he dies.

image0.jpg

I think my first brush with the series was back in like 2016 or something, watching something Superman agacent (probably), with Omni-Man being mentioned with a much bluer rendition of his suit.

A few things I'm made aware, ignore, then come back once they're finished. The Walking Dead (dropped off at S8, got to S10 on my rewatch; I followed the comics, but never read them, with my cousin pointing out that the last issue came out, and a year ago or two let my borrow the first compendium, but I barely read it), Peaky Blinders (I got to S4 on my rewatch, which is farther than S3), Attack on Titan (I was made aware of the anime in 2016, I watched videos breaking down the manga chapters from around 2018 onwards, but I only watched the anime all the way through after the main portion of S4 was out, before the finales), Ninjago (dropped after Skybound, peak fiction), Agents of Shield (dropped at S4), and then Better Call Saul (same cousin tells me it's great at season 2, saying I should support it, but I wait until season 5 is out to give it a try, then stop at S3Ep9, until I recently finished it). Oh, and A Song of Ice and Fire (Emergency Awesome notifications for S6 [watching Agents of Shield at the time] and Game Theory's intro/ my first run started in fall 2017, stopped at S5 Episode 3ish with Petyr and Sansa on the hill, picked it back up in 2018/ convinced my mother to watch it before S8, watched it as it came out with GOT oreos a nice older lady at Walmart Market let us buy instead, got to talk about with my Biology teacher/ convinced my cousin and brother to watch it, they love it, got the books, they both finished it while still didn't finish my second run of DwD).

Oh, yeah, this is Invincible. I hope this popularity gives way to an open world game. I would love to either play as Mark of a Viltrimite hybrid in a different reality. It would be lit.

No, after he said "enough game,"Conquest dominated Mark around the globe before the latter could get a shot in again. Eve interrupts, Conquest exploits this moment to break Mark's femur, nearly kills Eve, then his prosthetic is destroyed, a chunk is bitten out, Mark tackles him to the ground, Eve blasts Conquest, and Mark comes back to keep punching him before Conquest crushes his hand. It looks like his keeps a hold of his hand until he dies.
You’re quick to gloss over “a chunk is bitten out”, which is exactly when an adrenaline spike occurs. It’s right after Conquest’s line. After the bite, Conquest just says “damn”. Right after Conquest impaled Eve, Mark shatters his arm, which he couldn’t do before. Not sure what you’re contending here when it’s pretty clear he had a large rage amp. And yes, Mark absolutely flattening his face in a few head-butts shows domination under conventional physical means.

You’re quick to gloss over “a chunk is bitten out”, which is exactly when an adrenaline spike occurs. It’s right after Conquest’s line. After the bite, Conquest just says “damn”. Right after Conquest impaled Eve, Mark shatters his arm, which he couldn’t do before. Not sure what you’re contending here when it’s pretty clear he had a large rage amp. And yes, Mark absolutely flattening his face in a few head-butts shows domination under conventional physical means.
I contending that Mark was dominating the flight.;rammed into into each other and breaking their arms just shows Conquest's replacement is inferior to his real arm.

Yeah, Mark looks to have a very strong skull, with no damage to himself after who knows how many strikes.

Was Mark red/blue shifting on Earth? That seems a bit dangerous. He really should be more mindful of his surroundings. /j

I didn't need the mummy stuff. It felt like a waste of time, especially since I'm not super clear on if Mark and Amber's are 100% broken up now. I assume he simply wasn't ready to break it off at that moment. I reckon they'll do it in the S3EP1. I'm mostly glad we didn't get the new suit yet, being as that's a big post-Cecil thing.it does suck that we didn't get Spudermench, but KID-THOR & KNOCK OUT. Hopefully this is a sign Kirkman will end up coughing up more characters in later scenes. Capes at the very least, but Brit, Tech Jacket, and Wolfman are the big ones. Debbie really got wrecked this time around. Strange how they essentially doubled down on Bulletproof looking significantly older than the others in that alternate universe.

Anywho, still thrown off by the animation/art quality, but the writing is absolutely doing its job.

Idgaf what anyone says bruh this finale>S1’s. Shit was so good. I didn’t mind 2 min gags taking up screen-time just for continuity anyway. The closing might’ve been a little weak, but it seemed necessary, especially the last scene. The whole first 2/3 of the episode was a masterclass IMO.

Idgaf what anyone says bruh this finale>S1’s. Shit was so good. I didn’t mind 2 min gags taking up screen-time just for continuity anyway. The closing might’ve been a little weak, but it seemed necessary, especially the last scene. The whole first 2/3 of the episode was a masterclass IMO.
It was good, but tbh the animation hurt the ep for me

Season Finale was mid. To be honest the impact of Angstrom was better in the comic imo.

I also think the pacing of the second half was all over the place. Like why tf was there some random Indiana Jones scene in there? And then the random switches to the Viltrumite ship that never have the time to go anywhere, only for us to pan back to scenes I couldn't care less about. And then it ends on the awkward moment with Eve and Invincible... Idk. Just didn't feel solid.

S1 Finale is a masterpiece though so it set the bar pretty high I guess.

Overall I give this season a 7.5/10. S1 is a 10/10.

As a person with limited knowledge on the comics, what a let down for a second season. I wasn't expecting it to be on the same level as the first from what people said, but I still expected it to be really good. I cant help but feel that what we got was just...OK. Pacing was all over the place and so many unneeded scenes were added while other important scenes, at least to me, were not nearly long enough. Just using this last episode as an example we have a random mummy scene with no relation to the plot, Monster Girl and Robot drama which should have been left to the next season, and whole minute dedicated to a random dude running. Also from what I hear Spiderman made an appearance in this episode in the comics, while in the episode we get a knockoff Spiderman and a hinted Batman reference. Why couldn't they just pay for the rights to cameo them each for just one scene? If they didn't want to do that and save money why include it at all? I'd rather them just focus on other multiversal hijinks if that was the case like Mark fighting Omnipotus or other wacky scenes like the talking T-rexes instead of baiting us with a Spiderman and Batman cameo. Speaking of saving money, what the hell amazon? We wait 2 years and a damn near 5 month mid season break for a 8 episode season and the animation is still noticeably worse than season 1. Why is Amazon, a TRILLION dollar corporation, skimping out on animation budget for one of their most popular shows on prime? Not that their weren't cool or well animated scenes, the Thraxa fight comes to mind, but so many scenes I've noticed wonky faces, still frames, and extremely janky movement. All this serves to bring down further an already ok season which is not good when trying to justify further seasons of a show. I'm still holding out hope for season 3 but my expectation have been severely lowered. My main hope would be an improvement in animation quality to at least the level of season 1. Overall 7/10

I've seen this discussed a while ago and I'm sure there must be a statement somewhere but,

Can viltrumites regrow limbs ? It would be pretty strange if they couldn't

Is your example Conquest ? The scars on his head and eye remain and we know for a fact Viltrumites can regenerate that. I'd say that's product of his time infected by the Scourge Virus
They have never once been stated, shown or implied to be able to regenerate limbs on their own. Unless you have evidence that the virus negged there regenerative capabilities then that’s that

They have never once been stated, shown or implied to be able to regenerate limbs on their own.
I mean, there isn't much evidence against it other than 2 pretty situtional instances
Unless you have evidence that the virus negged there regenerative capabilities then that’s that
There's a statement that seems to say it's in general but it won't allow me to share images. It's in Invincible #92

I mean, there isn't much evidence against it other than 2 pretty situtional instances

There's a statement that seems to say it's in general but it won't allow me to share images. It's in Invincible #92
Two characters have needed roboticed replacements for a limb and organ. That specifically goes agianst your argument. with nothing back it up, seems a bit much to try and brush it off as nothing special
Not showing

Two characters have needed roboticed replacements for a limb and organ. That specifically goes agianst your argument. with nothing back it up, seems a bit much to try and brush it off as nothing special
But as I've said Conquest couldn't regenerate stuff we know they can. Also, the series doesn't shy away from how much Thraxa viltrumites suck in comparison to others
Also, finally found a link
Invincible #92:
image0.jpg

But as I've said Conquest couldn't regenerate stuff we know they can. Also, the series doesn't shy away from how much Thraxa viltrumites suck in comparison to others
Also, finally found a link
Invincible #92:
image0.jpg
Then he should have regrenated after the scourge virus effects were gone and were is it stated that Viltrumites can regen limbs at all?

That's not why I brought that up for, it's the fact that it negates their abilities in general, regeneration included
You asked if they could regen limbs and thought the scourges virus negged there regen capabilities. Clearly it only lasts for a time thus they should have regenerated there limbs already

You asked if they could regen limbs and thought the scourges virus negged there regen capabilities. Clearly it only lasts for a time thus they should have regenerated there limbs already
We're going on circles here, I think I'm gonna cut it off here. The scars seem to be permanent either way as Kregg, another scarred viltrumite, still uses his cybernetic eye

Back