• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was the low-end, I could see TJ being Continent level. For the moment, I think being something like at most Multi-Continent level makes sense.

Can somebody explain both sides of the arguments here please?

Qawesdf is arguing that Tech Jacket is too far below Viltrumites normally (such as Anissa reducing his armour to 90% with a squeeze) for scaling purposes, and that feats of him harming Viltrumites either means they're not High 6-A (Mark's alternate selves and weaker Viltrumites), or it's PIS.

I'm arguing that, while he's well below Viltrumites, the ones he consistently fought are High 6-A based on the relative power of Mark at the time. So he's still outmatched by the elites (Anissa in particular could overpower a Mark that was on par with Omni-Man at the time), but isn't consistently far enough below them to not scale at all. I think at most High 6-A is appropriate.

I think that it seems uncertain to downscale from characters that clearly overpower him, as massively less powerful characters recurrently survive blows that they shouldn't remotely be able to for the sake of making the plot work, both here and more prominently in superhero stories as a whole.

That's the thing, though, I don't really see any anti-feats here. There's the nuke thing, but that was a fictional super weapon. And Anissa is noticeably stronger than Mark and Nolan, even overpowering the latter and Thadeus pretty casually in one instance.

Okay, so would "At least ..., at most ..." be an alternative to use here then?

Okay. I suppose that seems like a valid compromise solution then.

I don't personally get the reluctance. It seemed like everyone was fine with it when Mark was High 6-C+ for this part of the comic
Mark has 6-A even in the old system for this comic. It's just that the scaling was "They're at least as strong as BoS Mark so they're at least High 6-C"

Ok. That actually would have been even better, despite making less sense with Conquest scaling.

So have you reached some conclusions here?

Makes sense. Given how much damage there was in Mark's fight, I'd say he took way longer and one alone should be stronger than BOS Invincible (that's if this really even is BOS).

It's worth noting that feat was around the time Mark met Oliver, and kind of started to have even the tiniest impact on fodder Viltrumites.

It's BoS Invincible as of Issue #35. As you say, Mark had fought some lesser Viltrumites and little else. How much he improved is hard to say, but enough to defeat someone who could've beaten the Mark who was getting his derrière kicked by those Viltrumites (which I guess would make Rampage also Large Island level if not a little stronger).

Omni-Man implies he hadn't improved a lot, but that was also chapter 28-ish.

I just realized when I was editing the pages I accidentally gave the High 6-C characters just Large Island level instead of Large Island level+, I'm going to fix that right now.

And I fixed it. My bad for not doing so originally.

Last edited:
I’m sorry, I already asked it before, but when Omni Man flew from earth, wasn’t it made pretty clear he flew on his own, with no space warps?

The space-warps are official, but are apparently not visually impactful compared to regular space-travel.

I’m sorry, I already asked it before, but when Omni Man flew from earth, wasn’t it made pretty clear he flew on his own, with no space warps?
How it was described was that in outer space their sub-light propulsion moves them FTL distances. They don't enter hyperspace or anything.

Did anyone reach an agreement with the Tech Jacket thing or did you just agree to disagree or something? Or is that still going?

So would the likely higher apply to both their keys or just one? I'm just going to assume both keys considering the second is directly affected by the first.

I've changed the pages to have the "likely higher"

Last edited:
Are there any calcs on the verse page that might a bit iffy to some? Just in case there's anything that needs a quick fix in those (like the Omega Tech Jacket one)

It would just be for AP it would be drawing blood from an Adult Viltrumite and for durability it would be not instantly dying to Anissa and the cyborg eye guy.

Thank you for helping out.

What is left to do here?

Okay. Do we need the upgrade the Relativistic+ characters to Massively FTL+, due to the contradiction between the comics and the handbooks, first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back