• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inverted character arcs (Tempest Shadow vs The Merciless)

well if this batman starts with mind hax ill just vote him since tempest doesn't resist currently
He doesn't really start with mind control in his favor, preferring to make people fight one another. Even then it's usually subtle as to avoid arousing suspicion. Hence why it's listed as Emphatic Manipulation

My vote for Batman still stands.

Also passive emapthic manip/mind manip and corruption (the latter is not listed on the page but the descriptions does lead to that), should grant him win.

My vote for Batman still stands.

Also passive emapthic manip/mind manip and corruption (the latter is not listed on the page but the descriptions does lead to that), should grant him win.
Keep in mind that if it doesn't happen fast enough, he will get turned to stone

I remember that 1 panel of Merciless choking Steve Trevor despite being worshiped a panel ago. Why would he choke a completely harmless person, unless he still had free will

Wait what? What's that?
So in order to avoid copyright the comicstorian channel removes dialogue from the boxes and instead narrates it. I was unfortunate enough to watch the whole video without sound and the art was the only parts I remember clearly so my knowledge of context is a little vague and I have to come back to it every once in a while

Alright grace is over. I'll put this in the addition thread

End of story

The Merciless walked into Canterlot's castle, now ruled by Princess Twilight herself. He carried a bloody bag as he walked in though strangely, not a single guard was harmed during his entrance. Upon coming face to face with the princess, he quickly tossed the contents of his bag, revealing it to be Tempest's head.

"She fought well. Unless you wish to end like her, hand over your title and control" said the tyrant.

"This world now belongs to The Merciless".

A few minutes later, he found himself on the moon. "Well that was a mistake" he thought.

If the mind hax is passive and above Tempest's resistance, then who would like to explain why this isn't a stomp?
It's not a passive. He can deactivate it, during his fight against Wonder Woman and when being around his allies and I think he doesn't start with it active at all times seeing as to how he spends a lot of time with the other Dark Knight

It's not a passive. He can deactivate it, during his fight against Wonder Woman and when being around his allies and I think he doesn't start with it active at all times seeing as to how he spends a lot of time with the other Dark Knight
1. He only deactivated it around Diana but it is passive.
2. The other Dark Knights have insane resistances to mental and emotional attacks.
3. Take into consideration Barbatos and what he was doing.

1. He only deactivated it around Diana but it is passive.
2. The other Dark Knights have insane resistances to mental and emotional attacks.
3. Take into consideration Barbatos and what he was doing.
Then why didn't you call out that this might be a stomp?

Back