• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inverted character arcs (Tempest Shadow vs The Merciless)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
4-B versions used
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in the Everfree Forest, 20 meters apart

Evil Ares Batman : 7
Unicorn Amputee : 0
Incon : 0

Story below

"Dear princess Twilight, I am writing this to you today to remind you of my temporary return. Throughout my journey, I have learned that..." Tempest wrote in her journal, before pausing. She had been sent on a journey to discover the true meaning of friendship. However through her adventures, not once did she encounter something brand new. Every lesson, every experience, it has all been encountered by someone else. Treat others with kindness, offer generosity to those who need, retain honesty in all situations, remain loyal to what is right, laugh away your fears... That last part was a little questionable. Yet she did not encounter a brand new lesson that could maybe redeem her for all her crimes.

In the end, she decided to exit her cabin to take of breath of fresh air. As she did, she noticed sounds of screaming coming from the forest behind her. She rushed through, running past the foliage and bushes and finally finding the source of the noise. In the cover of night stood a humanoid creature clad in a giant suit of armor. His sword burnt brightly despite the many dead soldiers that stood in his path. One of them crawled towards Tempest, begging her to help him, only to immediately be stabbed by the creature's sword.

"I came to this world to bring it to its knees and to that, I must defeat its strongest warriors. These soldiers, as I struck down each and every one of them, they all begged for my mercy. I gave them none" said The Merciless, sheathing his sword and taking a few steps back.

"Tempest Shadow, let's see if you will join their ranks".

Last edited:
Going for Batman via mind hax and death hax (necromancy, which is death hax 🗿)

Also how quick is the other person's petrification. Cause if it's their first move and instant, then I suppose inconclusive would be more fitting.

Going for Batman via mind hax and death hax (necromancy, which is death hax 🗿)

Also how quick is the other person's petrification. Cause if it's their first move and instant, then I suppose inconclusive would be more fitting.
If I recall correctly, his death hax is via equipment which I've restricted and even then, it's just necromancy

In-character, Merciless only ever uses his mind hax on those weaker such as civilians. Otherwise, he's still part Ares and therefore loves a good fight. Heck during his introduction, he didn't use his mind hax on a bunch of jobber soldiers despite them all being one-shot by his sword. I think he only used his mind hax in the end to rally remaining civilians

You do realise this Batman's entire powers comes from the helmet he wears, right? So might as well restrict that too.

In any case, SBA means he can make it work on his opponent here since they don't have any resistance

Last edited:
You don't realise this Batman's entire powers comes from the helmet he wears, right? So might as well restrict that too.

In any case, SBA means he can make it work on his opponent here since they don't have any resistance
A drachma is a coin. In fact if I recall correctly, it was used in WW vs Merciless and it was a big ass coin which he left in his batcave. The profile states his necromancy is from that coin, not his armor

Also isn't CIS considered in VS battles? I said he wouldn't use mind manip on a combatant, not that he couldn't

I am a bit confused about why it's on the file, it was never explicitly stated that he needs the coin to summon the dead and whatnot. He bangs the hammer against it and they come out.

Anyway, you also have to realise that postiive matter beings cannot hurt dark matter people. So anything physical she throws at him will most likely be useless. Like energy beams or something like that.

I am a bit confused about why it's on the file, it was never explicitly stated that he needs the coin to summon the dead and whatnot. He bangs the hammer against it and they come out.

Anyway, you also have to realise that postiive matter beings cannot hurt dark matter people. So anything physical she throws at him will most likely be useless. Like energy beams or something like that.
Her dura negation is via a smoke bomb which turns her target into stone via unknown means but definitely not physical

And does she use that quickly in battle? Like immediately. If not, then she gets mind haxxed. Since his mind hax is passive

And does she use that quickly in battle? Like immediately. If not, then she gets mind haxxed. Since his mind hax is passive
If bloodlusted, yes. But other than that, she uses it as a last resort or when commanded to do so

Keep in mind that the moment she realizes her magic doesn't work, she will immediately go for the smoke bomb so even in normal conditions, that will be her second or third attack

But what stops her from being mind haxxed.

Also I should remind you that Amanda Waller has some good mind hax resistance and she was one of the first to fall to Merciless. She has resisted max well lord, whose mind hax is one of the strongest in DCU.

But what stops her from being mind haxxed.

Also I should remind you that Amanda Waller has some good mind hax resistance and she was one of the first to fall to Merciless. She has resisted max well lord, whose mind hax is one of the strongest in DCU.
A passive means he doesn't have to activate it, right? Because he has shown to wage into battles with his fellow dark knights against league members and the like and not one of them were affected by the hax

Also if I recall correctly during his first appearance, Merciless was expressing his disgust towards people like Waller who can't even work together against a common enemy. Seeing as to how she's a non-combatant, it does still fit for his character to try and mind hax her

Again, a lot of them have a mind hax resistance of some sort, and some really good like the flash and red death. And he didn't use it against wonder woman because he stopped his ability. He didn't want her to be mind controlled in any way.

Also most of his "allies" have resistance feats. And then you also have to take into account barbatos.

Again, a lot of them have a mind hax resistance of some sort, and some really good like the flash and red death. And he didn't use it against wonder woman because he stopped his ability. He didn't want her to be mind controlled in any way.

Also most of his "allies" have resistance feats. And then you also have to take into account barbatos.
Okay well one last thing to note is that he's part Ares. His powers are fueled by war and combat. If he mind haxes everyone, there wouldn't be said war and combat. So as I said, he doesn't use it on comparable combatants in-character, unless I missed something. I don't think he got a fair fight against someone not Wonder Woman in his appearances that would disprove this claim

At this point if this doesn't work, I'll either bloodlust Tempest or give her prior knowledge. She'll instantly start with the smoke bomb that way

There would be. His mind hax forces people to fight, but can also be used to bring them under his own command. He showcased both of them in his first appearance.
Huh, I thought it was specifically to get them to worship him. I mean, he was complaining about how they weren't banning together. Wouldn't that mean the fighting each other part was from their own free will?

Not really?

Basically he passively brings out the worse in people - leads to fights, wars, etc. As well as falls under his command.

Not really?

Basically he passively brings out the worse in people - leads to fights, wars, etc. As well as falls under his command.
Oh alright then.

In that case, that kinda makes the scene with him fighting the soldiers make sense since at that point, they were too focused on trying to attack him to be pissed at their allies. That or he killed them before the hax could take place

I just realized something, since his mind hax is gonna be the most prevalent part of this fight, I think I can safely unrestrict his golden drachma. First of all, all of Tempest's attacks (Including her dura negation) are AoE attacks
Not really?

Also is my response right?

Well it's not so....
Profiles are just guidelines. If the profile says something blatantly false, then it's obviously wrong in that regard.
Also what's the mind hax resistance level?
Nightmare Moon needed an entire race in charge of making dreams for Equestria + herself to break into Celestia's mind, and that was after she had weakened herself by using her magic to protect everyone else from her in the first place.

If the profile says something blatantly false, then it's obviously wrong in that regard
Then make a CRT... Same reason I am not using his necromancy

Nightmare Moon needed an entire race in charge of making dreams for Equestria + herself to break into Celestia's mind, and that was after she had weakened herself by using her magic to protect everyone else from her in the first place.
I see. Maxwell's scales to Martian Manhunter from what I remember, and Merciless' is far above both. So their scaling chain seems wayyyyyy higher in comparison

Back