• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Introducing The Madness of Space-Time: The Main Villain of Steampunck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
With the M revision over, I can now address his other self, Alva Avan Edison.

Being another M, he has all his abilities, so there isn't a lot that needs to be evaluated, the only reason this thread exist is cause of his more obscure abilities.

Edison​

Nonexistent Physiology (Nature Type 2, and 3; Aspect Type 1, 3, 4, and 5)

Underground Resident is already an accepted thing, so in terms of the aspects he is nonexistent in, not really anything there that I think needs discussion, the only sort of disagreement I can see would be in the nature. Imo though it's pretty solid; He is the void that defines what nothingness is, and exist beyond the void of the Underground etc

Nonduality (Type 1)​

This one is a little more shaky for me, as I don't really pay attention to stuff like non-duality, though from what I understand being a type 2 nonexistent being does also tend to lead to this? The duality with Edison, I think is between existence and not existence(non-existence), holy, and not holy(unholy)

That is all, the other stuff is either straight forward, and or something already accepted on M's profile.

The M​

Nonexistent Physiology (Nature Type 2, and 3; Aspect Type 1, 3, 4, and 5)

Kind of a consequence of Edison's nonexistence, both characters are the same, albeit Edison ate Yog, so his existence and power is stronger, though imo their nonexistent nature is probably the same, as that's due to their nature of being the Jet Black.

What sealed the deal for me were the similar descriptions. M is described as standing at the peak of repulsive chaos

0c4ac21171c9fda69636a7d2e64a49d6.png

And then Edison is described as the dead thing at the center of the ultimate void of chaos

467e5e3c80825ec3ba84010755bbdd51.png

Absolutely nothing is in Sharnoth, and now it's considered as being the primordial "void" from which creation came, while being transcendent to it. My argument essential is that Sharnoth is the ultimate that's beyond voids.

Duality is where I am iffy on M scaling to Edison, cause M never got these sorts of descriptions about holy and unholy, Sharnoth was said to be nothing and everything at the same time though, so M should probably scale to at least that aspect of duality that Edison has.

Last edited:
Guess this is about right.

The Underground is not only a place made as a side effect of the Cracking Effect, it's also not even a real place. An illusion, nonexistent, all that sort. Edison still existing beyond that and even define what is pretty clear of the power and nature of his existence he wields.

I would really only scale M to whatever Edison has that they both share, or the other way of it which is Sharnoth as a dark nebula or place outside in space or wherever that is everything yet nothing. That and the thing about being a void of the ultimate chaos.

It's strange that Edison has Existence Erasure but not Nonexistent Erasure. He literally erased the entire NY Underground in chapter 7. And NY Underground has:

Always said that M and Edi could be Type 2 NEP and now we have proof. Anyways, I agree.

It's strange that Edison has Existence Erasure but not Nonexistent Erasure. He literally erased the entire NY Underground in chapter 7. And NY Underground has:
OOF, that is a point.

Edison has also mentioned that he had planned to erase Underground NY too to Lily in Chapter 7 were he not intent on getting to the "interesting point" that was Lily's arrival.

So he has that PLUS he erased Lily to nothing so I agree.

I mean he can erase nonexistent things, but "nonexistent erasure" isn't an actual ability on the wiki, so I didn't list it.

Regardless he can do that.

I kinda imagine the Steampunk Series is just a very niche, obscure series if anything. Especially here, that is. Probably explains why it doesn't gain much traction (like probably more than half of the series on VSB, I imagine).

If anything else, I'd definitely just post the profile and see what happens if anyone brings it up in a CRT for whatever reason.

I am going to bed, so regardless, not posting it till like tomorrow afternoon, will see if anyone decides to show up by then, if no, then I will post.

Thank you for your patience - I am aware you've pinged me multiple times for this, I just haven't had the time for an evaluation.

Owing to not being aware of the series, I can only evaluate what's provided in the scans. But it looks reasonable. My main qualm is that the 'defining what is and is not existence' part in isolation sounds like void or conceptual manipulation, and not necessarily an indication that he himself is neither existent nor nonexistent in the vein of type 2 nonexistent physiology. The scans also don't say much on what the 'Trevor Tower' is, so I don't know what the meaning of being on top of the tower is. If you could elaborate on this point, I would be grateful.

Trevor Tower was a building in New York, the Underground has the same places as New York, but distorted. Underground itself is nonexistent, a void.

The Trevor Tower in the Underground is visible from anywhere in the Underground, but can't be reached except using a special method, Lily's train, which is special since it was made along with A, to assist her in beating Edison.

Edison exists at the top of the Tower, which is beyond the sky of the Underground.

That's the context of the scans, it says stuff like the Edison is in the furtherst part of the Underworld, but yet he also isn't in the Underground, he exist in the ultimate void of chaos etc etc.

Even after the Underground was erased from existence, the Tower still existed, it's only after Edison is defeated, does it get completely erased.

Last edited:
Trevor Tower was a building in New York, the Underground has the same places as New York, but distorted. Underground itself is nonexistent, a void.

The Trevor Tower in the Underground is visible from anywhere in the Underground, but can't be reached except using a special method, Lily's train, which is special since it was made along with A, to assist her in beating Edison.

Edison exists at the top of the Tower, which is beyond the sky of the Underground.

That's the context of the scans, it says stuff like the Edison is in the furtherst part of the Underworld, but yet he also isn't in the Underground, he exist in the ultimate void of chaos etc etc.

Even after the Underground was erased from existence, the Tower still existed, it's only after Edison is defeated, does it get completely erased.
So the 'underground' is a void, the peak of the Trevor Tower is beyond the underground in such a way that is inaccessible from the rest of the void, and Edison 'exists' on the peak? Barring that this series sounds like it has a strange concept of what 'nonexistent' means, I'm content with nonexistent physiology nature type 2 if this is correct.

Yes that is correct.

I would add that like M, Edison has descriptions about being the white void which supports the cosmos.

So basically he also is the void from which creation itself came.

Last edited:
With that, this thread should be good.

I have to edit NEP though, so it's more understandable for a non-supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back