• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Interstellar Cat In The Hat? More Books of the Cat In The Hat among other revisions/questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had me pondering for a while by now but what I once thought of some manadela effect from my infancy years regarding The Cat trying to name Stellar objects and YES, The title is not lying folks there is indeed a book where the Cat In The Hat goes to the great beyond in the name of education:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0gIOcBX4AAjdQe.jpg

Cat does his usual introduction and says "We'll visit the Planets, The Stars, And the Sun!" http://childrenstech.com/files/2011/12/space.png

"We will Swing past the Stars, And in case you have missed them you'll soon see!": https://is3-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/...4779622c00/9780593126448_ss_02.jpg/560x0w.jpg

And like his words applied he did:

"The planets in our solar system! There are eight of these planets that circle the sun... And soon... You'll be able to name every one.": https://is3-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/...ca6089edfa/9780593126448_ss_03.jpg/560x0w.jpg

As he does reach FAR further distances then this and does crazier shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgPYnzalSuQ

-Note: Couldn't provide anymore images so here is a video bear with me.

(1:40 shows them going to mars and the description it gives, 1:48 "Travelled to Jupiter and you will find that it is bigger then all of the other planets combined.", 2:22 is just some nonsensical over the top defiant stuff involving constellations! 2:57 Sun gets up close, Then there is THIS 4:18, GOD ONLY KNOWS HOW HE DID THAT.)

Which made me question the verse a bit as there could still be other stuff out there all of this could be a game changer as we can clearly see Cat invent much more over the top inventions however aside the whole MFTL+ travel as we have actually see them travel such destinations (Don't know how that will be implemented in his stats in general.) some of these are rather questionable.

The current profile only covers and imo should only cover the original Cat in The Hat created by Dr. Seuss. While I don't think we should ignore these feats, and The Cat in The Hat (Canon/Original) could have an extended canon key for works created after the death and without the control of the Doc, it just doesn't quite sit well. Not sure though, but just feels weird to me. As for the feat idk tbh.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
The current profile only covers and imo should only cover the original Cat in The Hat created by Dr. Seuss. While I don't think we should ignore these feats, and The Cat in The Hat (Canon/Original) could have an extended canon key for works created after the death and without the control of the Doc, it just doesn't quite sit well. Not sure though, but just feels weird to me. As for the feat idk tbh.
Yeah this why I was doing some questioning and YES... It's a tad weird and does sound a bit off putting at first I feel you but nevertheless I truly do think it would be worth a HUGE mention forgive me if I sounded callous in some form of fashion but among the others who seemingly didn't bother to bring stuff up to such degrees I just had to get this one memory out of my chest that might still open up newer possibilities in the verse as whole anyways.

As iffy as this will feel to you now the high possibility of there being an expansion doesn't sound half bad as off the wall as it might be for now it could actually work... Hell there is more books expanding greater heights on his universe (Even though Mr. Seuss is absent.) If we go much further we have the "Cat In the Hat knows a lot about that." TV Series also had books at one point going to space AGAIN... There's also Jim Henson's "Wubbolus World Of Dr. Seuss." Name in title but this probably might be a stretch however also doesn't stray away from his level headed zany personality... Possibly a few more that is a miss but these should somewhat come in mind when a full o composite outside the books comes to mind and I think the Grinch has the same thing going on when it comes to having his part expanded as well in books (He is also there in the Jim Henson version.) Though probably not as Iconic as the word Iconic can get when it comes to the Cat In The Hat.

Nevertheless if that SOMEHOW doesn't work then the very best option is too stick with the books at the very least as it seems to make more sense much more thematically.

As for the live action movie(s) Its safe to say that it's a completely different incarnation of The Gentlemen Cat due to the tone of course not fitting the mold Doc was trying to build for so long and as such will obviously not sit well even if we go in some full on composite cat that at least portrayed him correctly, This goes for the Grinch too as there will should be something similar with him.

As for the additional feats other then speed SOME could probably up him on a whole new different tier?... Jesus Christ even if it's not Dr. Seuss it's just as nonsensical as I remember it I mean the Cat literally got close to a sentient sun with no aliments at all just not to stare at it for long durations, Constellation creations and the moon drawing how can I forget that! xD

Anyways the way it might feel for now be such a decision shouldn't sound TOO horrible believe me this site has done its fair shares of jumps at times.

"Cat In the Hat knows a lot about that" and "Wubbolus World Of Dr. Seuss" versions of CITH would be their own profiles, similar to how The Grinch is separated. Still I would like a mods impute. As I see it, the "canon" Dr. Seuss works are those which were either created directly by or the making was controlled directly by Theodor Seuss Geisel. The extended canon is continuing to this day with various books still being created. While they are under the name "Dr. Seuss", they aren't his creations. Extended Canon could possibly include CITHKALAT due to some of the recent books being related to it.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
"Cat In the Hat knows a lot about that" and "Wubbolus World Of Dr. Seuss" versions of CITH would be their own profiles, similar to how The Grinch is separated. Still I would like a mods impute. As I see it, the "canon" Dr. Seuss works are those which were either created directly by or the making was controlled directly by Theodor Seuss Geisel. The extended canon is continuing to this day with various books still being created. While they are under the name "Dr. Seuss", they aren't his creations. Extended Canon could possibly include CITHKALAT due to some of the recent books being related to it.
Mods impute? Come again sorry I just got back from a hard days work.

Can somebody summarise what you want done here in an easy to understand manner?

Supposedly, getting an extended canon key for Seuss characters, with the Cat in the Hat's extended key getting MFTL+ speeds

Though looking at the scans, they seemingly aren't MFTL+, as it takes 5 hours for light to escape the solar system, and the reasonable time would put it at FTL+.

@Zark

Thank you. What do you think about this suggestion?

It may get somewhat like compositing, as such a clear distinction is to be made on what constitutes "Extended Canon", and the rest should not be added onto the profiles. Even then, the boundaries aren't exactly clear, so it may not be of any use at all.

Honestly, it is abit too much work for a verse this minor, and I doubt anyone will go to such lengths to collect feats and determine canonicity and stuff like that for Dr. Seuss of all things.

So the suggestion for the keys seems weak to me. Getting a composite profile seems more reasonable.

An additional composite profile then? I do think that we should keep the one for the main canon.

Okay then. I suppose that should hopefully be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back