• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmology​

So, it seems the cosmology was translated as having "countless heavenly records". However, as I was reading the raws I found this kanji: 無数

その天盤は無数に存在していて、その天盤を内包するのが、"海"と呼ばれる空間だった。天盤は、"海"の中に浮かぶ泡のようなものなのだ。

無数 = Countless / Innumerable / No Number / Infinite

Quoting from Gemstic:

"It has been made clear in ISSTH that when we're talking about cosmology, 無数 ( 无数 in Chinese) is better translated as "infinite". Furthermore, 無数 in itself also means 'infinite number' in Japanese, so this further shows that "infinite" should very reasonably be the correct translation here. Something like 途方もない数 (as in Maou Gakuin) or 数え切れない would be used to mean 'countless' in such a case.

Here's one more point that shows that the author actually meant 'infinite' universes, not 'countless' (that is to say, he meant: 無数 => 無 [No] + 数 [Number] => No-Number => Infinite). A Deep Sea Fish (HRE) eats universes over an eternity in the 'sea', and since we'e talking about a 'sea', there could be a countless number of them just like the fishes in an actual sea (or ocean). So, it would make a lot more sense for a Multiverse to have infinite universes when potentially countless beings such as the Deap Sea Fishes continue to eat countless universes endlessly."

I believe this should bump the cosmology to 2-B, possibly 2-A, since the kanji used can also imply Infinity. This by proxy would bump Yogiri's tier to 2-A (or 2-B, possibly 2-A), considering that the only thing stopping him from becoming a vortex of death destroying all of creation is that he has a human will. Plus, his power is a manifestation of its true form and depicted as "the end of everything".

While we are at it, the heavenly records are stated to be conceptual in nature. Not only that, but each conceptual space-time is covered by a dome/canopy. And above that, the hierarchy itself was stated to be conceptual. I believe this would qualify for Type 2 concepts, considering how the hierarchy itself would be a higher-order concept compared to the already conceptual space-times and the dome/canopy that exists as the vessel of the world, existing outside the heavenly records. MokoMoko also refers to them as the "higher-order information layer". Additionally, Yogiri's true form is a concept that exists since the beginning and will still exist even after the end of everything, which seems qualifies it for the "transcendent of reality" part as well.

It is a conceptual thing; for example, Yogiri and the others appear in the Heavenly Record for the universe of their original world, but for the world they are in now, they appear on the ground and sea directly on top of the Heavenly Record.
~ V3
Heavenly Records were covered in a firm shell called the canopy, but for a Heavenly Record eater that had eaten many worlds for each canopy, opening a very small hole and entering inside was easy.
~ V3
『That is why the Heavenly Records are surrounded by a boundary called the dome. This is a bubble which floats in the “Sea” in that analogy from long ago.』(Mokomoko)
~ V3
『Since I am a high-ranking divine spirit, I am able to access the higher-order information layer. Consequently, it can be said that I understand the system of the entire world of Heavenly Records.』(Mokomoko)
~ V3
There is a conceptual hierarchy of worlds, a flow of power from the top to the bottom. When moving from the world above to the world below, you only need to fall down, but to move up, you need enough energy to go against the flow. It seems that in the world's hierarchical structure, this world is located at the bottom. Therefore, it would take a lot of energy to return to the world of Yogiri and the others.
~ V9
He wasn’t just an existence.
He was a phenomenon similar to a curse or calamity that was hard to describe. He had a personality, it wasn’t the case where he was pretending to be a human being.
Then the answer was simple. They had existed in all space and time since the beginning. Could it be a curse, or perhaps a contamination?
That person stands until the end, as it was his demise.
No one was able to do anything beyond that person.
"That is a dead end.
That is the ending point for the fate of each and everything, and there's nothing beyond that. The end of everything has assumed the form of a human being.

It is precisely because that is 'The End', that thing would be present till the very end of everything in existence. It is impossible for anything to go beyond that.

In a front of such a thing, Fate, Plot, and the like are less than a joke. It would be the definition of idiocy to even think of fighting such an existence.

It is said that can kill the target with just a thought.

When she first heard of it, it sounded really stupid to her. She thought it only appeared so because of the great difference in the strength between the target and the killer.

She thought there should be some kind of trick to that ability. She was under the impression that once she is done with unraveling and analyzing the ability, she would be able to come up with a counterplan and deal with it one way or another with her own ability.

However, she couldn't have been any more naïve.

She finally realized after personally taking a look.

No matter what it is, it'd die if that wishes so. There is no thing or phenomenon that would be allowed to exist if it was denied by that."

Now, this might be a stretch, but since Yogiri's true form is beyond the scope of the infinite conceptual hierarchy of heavenly records (as well as being a transcendent concept), plus being impercetible/incomprehensible from the pov of 4-D beings, this could probably give him Low 1-C (or possibly Low 1-C). Im not so sure about that myself, though. Take it with a grain of salt. Basically:

heavenly records = 4D
Total heavenly records = 4D*Infinity
Sea = Higher conceptual dimension beyond the heavenly records, and encompasses them.
Yogiri’s true form = Beyond the scope of the Sea and all the 4-D beings that resides on it

Power Additions​

Sion​

Immortality (Type 4):

“I won’t say such a thing… But I still don’t think you can beat me. You should just be obedient and kill each other if you want a better chance of survival.”
“Die!”

Seiichi unleashed his power.

Shion swayed to the side.

That was all.

“It…it didn’t work! You liar!”

“No-no. It worked just fine. I could have killed you before you even used your power, but I let you do it on purpose. After all, I am quite interested in this instant death power.”

“Damn you! Why won’t you die!”

“As I said, it did work. In fact, I died just a moment ago. Of course, isn’t it the normal thing to come back to life after you’ve died?”

“Die! DIE-DIE-DIE-DIE-DIE!”

Seiichi unleashed his power over and over again.

However, Shion continued to walk towards him.

“Wh-what’s happening! What the hell are you!”

“Ah, that’s right. I haven’t told you about my power. I suppose you could call it a pulse linked level up? You level up with every beat of your heart. When this happens, your energy, health, and all status ailments are healed. And you come back to life if you happen to be dead.”

Seiichi was shouting ‘die’ nonstop as if it was the only word in his vocabulary. There was nothing else that he could do.

Shion didn’t seem to care as she continued to move closer.
Energy Projection:

First, she had to get rid of the fools that dared break the rules she had set.
Shion turned the palm of her hand towards Yogiri.
It was nothing too flashy. Only a bullet of light made of compressed excess magical power. She wouldn’t need to use any other of her techniques, her usual attack should do just fine.
Her palm began to shine and the bullet of light began to shape itself.
Then it vanished.
The bullet disappeared completely before she was able to shoot it at full speed.
“That’s annoying, so please stop it. I might end up killing you if you don’t.”
At last, Shion began to come to terms with reality.
Teleportation:

Youichi was surprised by the images he was looking at on the screen.
“Oh, I see. Judging from the amount of destruction, I’d say it was an atomic bomb.”
The wall that was supposed to be there had been blown away.
Most of the trees in the forest had vanished as well, so the center of the explosion must have been around that area.
“And those guys are just walking around such a place…”
“Though you say that, it’s an isolated space where you can exercise as much power as you want without worrying about the public gaze. This is the only place where you can launch such a powerful attack.”
If someone is this awake, they would be far from becoming a sage. That’s what Shion thought, at least.
“Well then. Let’s go, shall we?”
Shion thought that there was a chance that such an attack could happen again. That’s how well the threat that sages pose has been made known.
But they had crossed the line.
Both Takato Yogiri and Hanakawa Daimon had crossed the borders and escaped the range of the selection game.
Shion got up from her sofa.
After that, she moved to a more open spot.
This was so that she wouldn’t drag furniture along while teleporting.
Shion was able to teleport to places she had been before. But that had nothing to do with that place that they call Hell.
“Hey. Is it really okay to go to that place?”
“You really worry too much sometimes, Youichi.”
No sage could be damaged under such circumstances. If she weren’t able to survive in such an environment, then she wasn’t worthy of the title of sage.
Shion smiled lightly at a worried Youichi, and teleported to the place where those runaways were.
~ Chapter 100
Yogiri threatened Shion with an indifferent expression. Then, Shion suddenly vanished.
She had probably teleported elsewhere. She must have been in quite a hurry, since she took a good chunk of the ground that was around her along with her. It seemed as if everything around the spot where she had been simply got torn apart as it got mixed up along with Shion as she disappeared.
“Wait! She got away! We should have known better, she did appear instantly when she came here, so of course, she can go back just as quickly!”
Hanakawa’s surprise could be heard as he spoke.
“It’s okay.”
Yogiri was sure Shion would return.
~ Chapter 118
Flight:

She was so irritated that her head was about to burn off, but she had to lock those feelings away deep inside her chest.
Shion began to fly. After the corridor, she got up some stairs and headed for her room on the second floor.
~ Chapter 118
Forcefield Creation + Spatial Manipulation:

But she had not expected that power to work on her.
Several layers of magical barriers protect her from any and all sorts of attacks, and even if something were to go through all of them, there is still a dimensional distortion. And even then, in the unlikely event that she was hurt or even dying by anything that somehow managed to get past all of that, she would recover instantly.

Reality Warping:

She had assumed that there were no unrealistic events that she could not predict.
She should be able to replace such events with something else and distort reality within the scope of her imagination.
Shion considered this event a temporary defect, an error that has a very small chance of actually happening. She tried to assume that such a convenient delusion was a fact.

Sages​

Immortality (Type 8) & Regeneration (Low-Godly):

Sages who hold their stone within their bodies are said to have been almost immortalized by the stone’s power. Their deaths meant that their stones had run out of power.
~ Chapter 119
"I'm just saying. If there's a Sage Stone inside you, you can't be killed.

The sages use the Sage Stone as a source of energy.

It gives the sage's body unlimited regenerative power.
~ Chapter 196

"Unlimited Regeneration" in the context of sages is Low-Godly

Fate Value

People with high fate value gets plot manip, since their lives are dictacted by a meta-story that makes them essentially become the protagonists of the world.

Ayaka Shinozaki​

Transformation:
Calm down. First of all, you don’t have to worry about the effects of radiation. As the next generation of humanity, we’ve been designed to be able to survive in a world that is post ‘nuclear war.’’
‘60% of our bodies are gone.’
60% gone from the body. Ayaka didn’t want to even think about it.
‘And while we are still alive, we cannot move.’
‘What about her? What happened to Takekura Kiyoko!’
‘As if a mere human would still be alive in the blast center.’
However, Ayaka had lost almost all of her senses.
‘Still, becoming a dragon is quite different from what our goal was supposed to be. While it may take time, there is still hope of recovering with the healing ability we already possess.’
Dragon Heal.’
In an instant, her body distorted.
Her flesh pushed out and tore through her burnt skin.
Her eyeballs regenerated, and she was able to see her surroundings again.

Heat Absorption

Ayaka was absorbing the heat. She was using it to heal. She didn’t understand how this dragon body worked. However, it wasn’t like any mere reptile.

Duplication & Weapon Creation:
Ayaka pulled out some fangs from her jaw.

As they regrew immediately, she did not mind doing it.

The dropped fangs sunk into the ground and something else came out.

It was Ayaka.

Ayaka, before she had turned into a dragon. They came out of the ground, one after another.

They were wearing helmets and armor and held spears.

‘You should unleash them. Everything they see and hear will be known to you. And if they encounter an enemy that they can beat, they will.’

HRE​

Acausality (Type 4): They exist outside the system that is the conceptual hierarchy of space-times/heavenly records

There is a conceptual hierarchy of worlds, a flow of power from the top to the bottom. When moving from the world above to the world below, you only need to fall down, but to move up, you need enough energy to go against the flow. It seems that in the world's hierarchical structure, this world is located at the bottom. Therefore, it would take a lot of energy to return to the world of Yogiri and the others.
~ V9
It is referred to as “The Deep Sea Fish”, which is an animal living in the “Sea”.
It swims around freely in “Sea”, and it feeds on Heavenly Records.
The means by which the being consumes Heavenly Records is simple; it swims around aimlessly in the “Sea” and consumes any Heavenly Records it sees.
At this point in time, the baby was like an other self still. It was like a probe for observing humans, and its real form was left in the space of nothingness, refered to as the “Sea”.
~ V3
The Heavenly Record Eater. Its main body is so large that it can swallow an entire heavenly record (the universe).

It has been eating the flying records in a miscellaneous way, but in the last few hundred years, it has become more and more concerned with the taste.

Since it has a body that is too large to pursue the finer flavors, they have created avatars as active bodies within the world of the Heavenly Record.

Carla is one of them, and although it is vulnerable compared to the main body, it still has a power comparable to that of a god within the heavenly records.

Originally, it exists outside of the system, but it registers user information from various systems to search for more gourmet information.
~ Chapter 167

Yogiri​

Immortality Negation (Type 6): Via killing Iselda

Kinetic Energy Manipulation & Gravity Manipulation

Yogiri was falling into the shadows.
—Each floor of the demon world is supposed to be 1 kilometer in height.
He calculated.
If this world’s gravitational acceleration was around 10m/s2, and you ignored air resistance, it would take 14 seconds to crash to the ground.
As seconds had already passed at this point, it would be less than 10 seconds now.
—If this really was a natural disaster, I would ultimately die here.
However, He had sworn to bring Tomochika back to her world. So he couldn’t die here. Besides, judging by how the cliff had crumbled, it did not seem like a natural disaster. It was more likely that someone had caused it.
Once he decided to do something, it became necessary to unleash his power.
The power that Yogiri called Phase 1 was not enough to deal with the current situation.
Tomochika would have laughed if she had heard it, but Yogiri still considered himself as being in the same category as humans.

This was because he could still explain away his danger detection and instant death abilities as mere coincidences.
If he wanted it, his opponent would die. He could see the threat of danger and avoid it.
Objectively, there was no casual relationship, and so while it was a bit forced, he could still insist that it was a coincidence.
However, it was obvious that no normal human could get out of the current situation.
–But there was also magic in this world. There were probably people who could do the same thing as him.
Yogiri wanted to be as human as possible. And so he told this to himself as he activated Phase 2.
It was as if there were several locked gates in his heart, and he was opening them one by one and unleashing their power.
After the second one, they were made to close automatically after a fixed amount of time.
The reason that he took these somewhat laborious steps, was because a simple mistake could lead to the end of the world. And so it was necessary to be cautious after the second gate.
Yogiri prepared himself and then opened the second gate.
–Stop the fall. However, if I don’t restrict it, the gravity of this world will disappear.
It was incredibly difficult to limit the area of effect when it came to phenomena and concepts that had no actual shape. This was why he had hesitated to kill the ‘space’ within the tower where the devil had been sealed.
Besides, was it really even right to assume that the force that pulled things downward in this world was also gravity?
Was it right to kill something that he was uncertain of?
What if killing the gravity just caused the uniformly accelerated motion to turn into uniform motion?
Yogiri struggled over this for a moment before brushing it aside. It was something he had done subconsciously before, so there was no point in thinking about it now.
“How annoying. In that case, I’ll just kill ‘my momentum.’”
It was all wordplay.
But it was possible for Yogiri, now that he had reached Phase 2.
At that moment, he killed the falling energy that was covering him.
For this, it didn’t really matter what kind of power was actually at work.
What died and what phenomenon occurred. All of it relied on Yogiri’s perception.
The power activated and his speed immediately started to drop.
Then he held David, who was falling beside him. And by the time they reached the ground, the speed at which they fell was practically zero.
Matter Manipulation (Macro-Quantum):

Capable of "killing" radioactive particles and photons, as well as wind, noise, and heat itself

Determination to kill.
Suddenly, everything in sight seemed to be covered in black. An area of death.
There was no place to run. Yogiri was looking at certain death.
“Anyway, everyone should stand behind me.”
As he sounded more serious than usual, they obeyed without a word.
And then the wall in front of them disappeared.
“Huh?”
Someone said in a shocked voice.
The stones that made up the walls were now flying apart at a frightening rate.
The trees of the forests burned and were blown away in a flash, along with the sand and dirt. In just a second, the land was empty.
An incredible ascending current now occurred, taking everything up into the sky. The clouds darkened in no time. While it was too close to them to see clearly, it was probably shaped like a mushroom.
However, in spite of all this, it was calm where Yogiri and the others stood.
The light, noise, heat, and wind should have been assaulting them. But none of it reached them.
“Uhhh…what is…”
Tomochika had been speechless, but she finally opened her mouth.
“I think it’s a nuclear weapon. It was like this the last time it happened.”
“You say it so casually, I don’t even know what to say…”
Tomochika was confused.
“Um, the second gate is opened…”
Ryouko said. She was shaking as she stared at her smartphone.
Yogiri recalled that there was a machine that was used to monitor him.
“We’ll need something to brave invisible threats, such as radiation.”
In order to protect themselves and their friends, they had decided to ignore all of the annoying processes and jump to phase 2.
Currently, he was continuing to kill any and every phenomenon that was a threat to their lives. If this situation was due to a nuclear weapon, its effects would not go away quickly. The gates would not close until they had escaped.
“Um, will it really be alright? Uh, maybe the laws of physics have been erased…”
~ Chapter 113

Damage Transferal & Mind Reading: Yogiri can use his power through the use of other people as a medium, and can also kill anyone/anything that his targets have ever seen from their memories

Subjective Reality:

It has been noted that what phenomena occurs after he targets an object to kill it is dependent on Yogiri's cognition of the death, for example, a door's purpose being that of blocking the way into another room so it only becomes logical that if the door dies it will allow him to cross the entrance (this happened in volume 2), however this is something that Yogiri does not actively do when using his ability as it occurs by itself.

It was all wordplay.
But it was possible for Yogiri, now that he had reached Phase 2.
At that moment, he killed the falling energy that was covering him.
For this, it didn’t really matter what kind of power was actually at work.
What died and what phenomenon occurred. All of it relied on Yogiri’s perception.
The power activated and his speed immediately started to drop.
Then he held David, who was falling beside him. And by the time they reached the ground, the speed at which they fell was practically zero.
You can find out more about this by reading the following article:...... That is, after all, the person Takato-kun kills, doesn't come back to life. ...... (Tomochika)

"It's not a given, but dead people don't come back to life. I guess that's just common sense." (Yogiri)

Death is an irreversible thing.
There is no such thing as coming back to life in the first place.
If it looks like you've been brought back to life, it would just mean that you're not actually dead.
Death to Yogiri is like that, and events that go against that common sense do not occur under Yogiri's perception.
 If someone else killed it, then there is room for it to live, but if Yogiri killed it with his power, then it is certain death. There is no way it can come back to life.
~ Chapter 149

Resistance to Probability Manipulation and Existence Erasure: Unnafected by Mei's saint punch, which induces a 100% probability of hitting and completely erasing the target

Resistance to Mind Manipulation: Capable of staying in the presence of Vahanato

Resistance to Sealing:

"Oh, it’s no use fighting. Because we don’t have any points. 0 points.” (Yogiri)"
"“Hey, it’s as easy as going through here. It’s a trial or something, but I don’t know how much you can destroy the sealed door with your full effort. Or, you can pierce through the floor. However, this is a game that collects points, and I am enjoying it according to that rule. I won’t allow you to act illogically.” (Masaki)
“You are?” (Yogiri)
" Arriving at the exit, Yogiri kicked the door. The door opened easily...."
~ Chapter 52

Weapon Mastery:

Diagonally to horizontally to vertically. Yogiri was slipping through the black lines appearing one by one.
Those were death lines, and he’d die for certain if he was on those lines. But on the contrary, he’d never die as long as he didn’t touch those lines. The moment after Yogiri moved, a hairy arm passed through the place he had been. Yogiri was skillful. From the start, his physical ability was high, and he also had learning ability. What seemed to be bad reflexes was his habit of laziness, and he merely lacked physical strength. Perhaps it was trained more or less with his experience from coming to a parallel world. Possibly because he was dodging with minimal movements, he really wasn’t all that tired. Currently, Yogiri was testing his combat ability, and the combat situation was being observed by every one of group two. What Yogiri was fighting was a monster similar to a thin anthropoid. Its size was about that of a human being’s, and it was just a monkey if it was only that, but four arms had grown on it. Due to that, though continuing to evade was busy in itself, its movements were simple. Upon grasping the enemy’s movements, Yogiri turned to counterattack. He swung his sword along the death line. The enemy was on that spot without fail, and the counter result was decided. Still, with Yogiri’s ability, he couldn’t bring it down in a single blow even if he had a strengthened sword. But still, the improvised swordsmanship he learned from Tomochika was showing its power as is.
~ V4

Immortality (Type 7):

“……You are! Because you summoned that! What are you doing! Do you know what you’ve summoned!? It’s over already! This world is finished already! Don’t screw around, damn it! If you want to die, die your own way! The world, me; dooooon’t drag us into it!” (Aoi)
Aoi revealed a scream suddenly, and Shion was astonished. The always calm Aoi, she’d never seen a place where she was disarranged until now.
“What are you saying?” (Shion)
That is……not a human being……not even a living thing, no……” (Aoi)
~ Chapter 62

Immortality (Type 9):

"Darian came to understand the abnormality of the situation. That would be concerning the eyeballs. Comprehension about the situation was impending. The violently piercing gazes were as if telling him to grasp the situation.
Suddenly, he became aware.
The boy’s true form was not even the body standing in front of him. Pulverizing the boy’s head would not even scratch his true form.
It was beyond anyone’s comprehension of why it would be absurd to fight against him. His true form could only be thought of as something outrageous, a genuine monster.
Why would something like that pose as a human and appear here …?!
~ Chapter 139

Acausality (Type 4, possibly Type 5(?) for true form): Same reason of the HRE + It is imperceptible even from the point of view of the HRE (a type 4 acausal) and is beyond causality as well. Additionally, its attacks completely lacks causality as well

It was completely imperceptible, and therefore it was impossible to know how to shake it off.

It was so unreasonable that it was beyond even cause and effect. No matter how far back in time, it could not overturn a determined event

"That is a dead end.
That is the ending point for the fate of each and everything, and there's nothing beyond that. The end of everything has assumed the form of a human being.

It is precisely because that is 'The End', that thing would be present till the very end of everything in existence. It is impossible for anything to go beyond that.

In a front of such a thing, Fate, Plot, and the like are less than a joke. It would be the definition of idiocy to even think of fighting such an existence.

There was no power emanating from his body, nor was there any indication that anything had acted on Rilna's body.

And yet, Rilna has stopped moving.

Malna could not find a relation to causality from Yogiri there.

Even with God's eyes, she couldn't see anything.

He wanted her to die, and the next moment, Rilna stopped moving. That was all, and there was no connection between those two facts as if there was no connection between them.

Therefore, it was impossible to understand that Yogiri's power of instant death

It's impossible.

They had analyzed the situation as a precaution.  

But...But no one knew what had happened.

There was no indication that they had been damaged in any way, but they just died. A shutdown.

It was as if there was no relation to cause and effect.

There was no indication that any power had been reached and yet they died.

It's a very unreasonable phenomenon, but they stopped to think about it.

Abstract Existence (Type 2, possibly Type 1 for the true form):

Yogiri's true form is a primordial phenomenon, an event that existed across all space and time since the beginning of all things, omnipresent, and will stand after the end of everything as well. And due to the nature of its existence, it needs an avatar to physically interact with material world:

He wasn’t just an existence.
He was a phenomenon similar to a curse or calamity that was hard to describe. He had a personality, it wasn’t the case where he was pretending to be a human being.
~ Chapter 59
Miranda, who had various aliases, fled into the sub-space she had created and was trembling on her knees.
 The moment she saw that, it made herfeel like shehad been plunged into the abyss.
 Death itself is standing in the form of a human being.
 She wondered how many coincidences and miracles had to come together to create something like that.
~ Chapter 159
The boy’s true form was not even the body standing in front of him. Pulverizing the boy’s head would not even scratch his true form.
It was beyond anyone’s comprehension of why it would be absurd to fight against him. His true form could only be thought of as something outrageous, a genuine monster.
Why would something like that pose as a human and appear here …?!
~ Chapter 139

Darian gained consciousness. First of all, he needed to figure out how far he had traveled back in time.
And then, their eyes met.
“Aaaaaaaaaaah!”
Ditching all dignity, Darian screamed at the top of his lungs. He should have been able to escape it, but countless eyes were gazing at him.
“T-that’s weird! This should be the time before I met that thing!”
And then he noticed. He was being noticed as well. Certainly, he went back in time. But the eyes were still there.
Then the answer was simple. They had existed in all space and time since the beginning. Could it be a curse or perhaps a contamination?
~ Chapter 139
"That is a dead end.

When she first heard of it, it sounded really stupid to her. She thought it only appeared so because of the great difference in the strength between the target and the killer.
She thought there should be some kind of trick to that ability. She was under the impression that once she is done with unraveling and analyzing the ability, she would be able to come up with a counterplan and deal with it one way or another with her own ability.

No matter what it is, it'd die if that wishes so. There is no thing or phenomenon that would be allowed to exist if it was denied by that.

Omnipresence for the true form: In the quotes above

Fear Manipulation & Madness Manipulation (for his true form):

An eye.
At the space between Darian and the boy.
It manifested with a closed lid which then opened up.
It was not just an eyeball by itself. The almond-shaped eye was furnished with an eyelid as well.
Blink.
They kept appearing one after another.
“Eek!”
Unconsciously, Darian shrieked.
It all happened in a flash.
In the space where Time Stop was activated, there was no telling how much time had flowed.
However. Unknowingly, countless eyes had appeared and occupied the space.
Eyes. Eyeballs. Pupils.
All sorts of them were fixated on Darian. All eyeballs were staring/gazing at Darian.
Darian was trembling with terror.
~ Chapter 139
The accession of memories was transferred back in time as well. This would only mean that his memories could never be altered.
No matter how far he returned into the past, Darian had already known the existence of that thing.
He had nowhere else to escape.
Darian would not be able to maintain his sanity for much longer.
~ Chapter 139

Removal of weakness

Currently, Yogiri has a weakness listed as "Gets somewhat sleepy after using Instant Death repeatedly". While this is technically true, it shouldnt qualify as a weakness, since he can still target people when asleep. This by proxy would give him Instinctive Reactions.

Last edited:
I'm honestly fine with most of this stuff being added but only have a problem with a Few Things:

1) I think you should change the title to "Instant Death Revisions", as more people know it by that name and it will attract more attention.

2) Yogiri shouldn't have resistance to Mind Manipulation as the text clearly states that Vat wasn't targeting him.

3) I agree with type 4 acausality for Yogiri, not type 5.

4) I think there's not enough evidence for Yogiri's true form to have type 1 abstract existence, however, I believe type 2 Abstract Existence is acceptable for both base and true form based on the multiple scans provided.

5) I'm neutral on the removal of his weakness, because it holds true, but it also isn't an actual demerit to him as he can indeed use it while asleep. I think it would be better to state in the section that it's not really a "weakness" and more of a slight downside to his power.

7) In addition to all of this, Mei's scan is enough to give him martial arts.

And...That's all, I agree with everything else and neutral on the tiering.

I dont think Vat supressing her own aura is a thing she has. Or at least, it wasnt implied that she could do it (or that she was doing it). The narration was also referring more to the light beams considering thats what she was using in her insane state while in Yogiri's presence.

I agree with 2-A, and low 1-C was my idea so I also support that albeit in not as sure.

i also agree with ability addition, I think it would also be a good idea to mention on the ID speed or somewhere that due to its nature of having no cause and effect between Yogiri activating it it affects its activation time (since it would matter a lot for speed equal matches)

Actually, there is no need for so much evidence to bump the Instant Death's cosmology to 2-A, as it should have been so in the first place. The only reason we thought of it as a 2-B verse was because of the mistranslation by the translator. Many series like Steins;Gate have translated 無数 as "infinite" in their official translations (when talking about the things related to cosmology), so whether it should be translated as 'infinite' was never an issue to begin with.
In short, incorrect translation downgraded a 2-A verse to 2-B, and now we're fixing this mistake. Simple as that.

As for raising Yogiri's tier to Low 1-C, I think it'd better to not make any changes for the time being (i.e., 2-A is fine for now). The existence of more than 4-Dimensions that are of a higher order has already been indicated in the series, and the only reason it isn't mentioned here is due to the author never calling them 5th dimension, 6th dimension, etc., and he also didn't give us much explanation about them. Furthermore, the existence of some sort of realm beyond the infinite universes has been subtly hinted as well. All of this means that Yogiri's true form could be at a much higher tier than Low 1-C with the reasoning provided for this new tier.

2) Yogiri shouldn't have resistance to Mind Manipulation as the text clearly states that Vat wasn't targeting him.
That may or may not be true, but it doesn't matter anyway as he 'technically' has resistance against everything if the enemy and their hax is not beyond his own tier. He kills both the power and the enemy at his fastest speed (consciously or automatically), so it doesn't matter what the opponent tries against him.

3) I agree with type 4 acausality for Yogiri, not type 5.
a) No one in the series could see any connection between him and his 'killed' target, unless he makes it known himself.

b) Sion, a top-tier sage with over a hundred million level, and a Goddess that is Omnipotent in her territory and powerful enough to defeat multiple Gods could see no signs of causality when Yogiri used his powers right before her.

c) Even the HRE, something that has Acausality type 4, couldn't see or change the cause-and-effect relation with the death it was certainly going to face 10 seconds later, no matter what it tried.

d) Since he is the end of everything in the multiverse, he is naturally beyond any sort of causality, fate, etc.

e) Furthermore, interacting with Yogiri's true form is normally impossible.

This shows that he has completely transcended the thing called "causality", as he can create an 'effect' without any 'cause' in the purest sense (that is, creating the effect of 'death' or 'destruction' in a totally absurd and incomprehensible manner where the cause is never perceived or understood by others, regardless of their identity and status). So I would say that there's enough reason to give his True Form type 5 acausality.

4) I think there's not enough evidence for Yogiri's true form to have type 1 abstract existence, however, I believe type 2 Abstract Existence is acceptable for both base and true form based on the multiple scans provided.
His true form is considered to be the true end of everything and has existed since time immemorial. And, it creates vessels to interact with the multiverse that don't live for any longer than a hundred years. When a vessel dies, a new one is born from the true form (and this cycle continues endlessly). The way Yogiri (the human form) is raised until he is old enough to go to nursery school reminds you of Azathoth. The Great Fox Yōkai (Nine-tails?) and other big shots like Evil God, Demon God (or translated as Magic God in To Aru), etc. raises him in a dream world that is isolated from everything, so that he doesn't wake up and 'kill' the whole universe, or even everything in existence, on a whim (as a baby doesn't have any control on their emotions).

Moreover, it is said that although the Gods are Omnipotent and Omniscient in their territory, they would lose their notion of being omnipotent and omniscient once they come to know of him (meaning, the True Form is the one and only Supreme existence, that could never be resisted or known without it manifesting before the other party on its own [and the only thing one could perceive is 'countless eyes looking at them']).

Now, how you interpret is up to you. The vessel may or may not be a type 2 Abstract Existence, while the True Form is quite likely a type 1 Abstract Existence.

Last edited:
I agree about Upgrading the Cosmology to 2-A but I'm a bit confused about how does Yogiri have Mind hax resistance if he wasn't even targeted?

I agree with the scaling and powers. Not sure about the Abstract Existence as this state of being is still confusing me (I mean type 1 and 2--how they actually work) but in rest, it should be okay. Basically I agee.

@Gemstic

I already know all of the reasoning for why Yogiri would have that stuff, I just don't think there's enough evidence for Acausality type 5 and Abstract existence type 1.

Like, based on past discussions, you need not only statements but consistent, specific, and explicit feats of not being able to be interacted with for both of those. Those which Yogiri just doesn't have.

For acausality you need to be stated to transcend causality on top of that; or at the very least be stated that the law of causality doesn't apply to you. For this, we cannot assume what has not been stated in the text.

"Since he is the end of everything in the multiverse, he is naturally beyond any sort of causality, fate"

And for this^ I'm 100% sure we've never given out type 5 acausality because of this, if we have, then true form does get it.

As I said, very specific things need to happen for this stuff to be accepted, and as far as pure powers go; these two are the most confusing and by far the hardest to get added to a page because of their nature.

I mean, statements like "A phenomenon/event", "Calamity", "Death itself in the form a human being", "The end of everything", those are all stuff with no clear shape and abstract, especially the phenomenon/event part

Afaik, a phenomenon is an event, which isnt really something that can indexed as just non-corporeal or intangible, but more like abstract. Same with "calamity". And with the other examples, it seems to line up.

I don't know or care about the verse and I don't know Japanese but I'm confused to why 無数 is better translated to infinite when talking about cosmology. To my knowledge, and at least in Chinese, 無数 is most commonly used as immeasurable/ countless numbers every where else so why is it different when talking about cosmology.

The kanji can also mean "Infinite Number" as I linked above. Plus, it also lines up with the context of the overall ID cosmology and how the Sea works, in this case.

Oh I thought the quote meant that generally it should be translated that way instead of just effecting the mentioned verses.
Yeah, the translator should have done the translation according to the context, and that would mean translating 無数 as "infinite" in this case. But he did his translation in a very literal manner, and downgrading the verse for no reason was one of the consequences.

@YungManzi

I understand your point, but it's really all due to the author's intention to 'Show, Don't tell' and keep the true identity of Yogiri as secretive as possible (even after hundreds of chapters) that only on rare occasions you'd get to see information about him in textual form. As a reader though, most would acknowledge that an existence such as him would be an Abstract Existence type 1 that has Acausality type 5.

Like, based on past discussions, you need not only statements but consistent, specific, and explicit feats of not being able to be interacted with for both of those. Those which Yogiri just doesn't have.
I mean, no one, not even the High-tier Gods, have been able to interact with Yogiri's True Form on their own (despite him being omnipresent, which has been shown and mentioned), even after hundreds of chapters. Moreover, no one has ever been able to see (let alone change) the connection between cause and effect when he uses his power, even if they have type 4 acausality, and it has proved itself to be irresistible to all (a High-tier Goddess literally says it herself that your notion of omnipotence and omniscience would be lost after coming to know of his existence, and such a statement would normally be said for only someone/something that is truly transcendent of everything).

Isn't this all clearly a consistent, specific, and explicit demonstration of his feats (and textual proof of transcendence)? The 'Yogiri' you're talking about is just a (mortal) 'vessel', not the 'true form', so it makes sense that you won't see him having the characteristics of an abstract existence that has transcended causality. But we never said to give type 5 acausality to the vessel. From the very beginning, the type 5 acausality was mentioned for none other than the 'true form' (which helps its vessel in times of need).

Aoi's ability was mentioned to be working at meta-level (as she can literally peek at the script of the world), and her thoughts on Yogiri are supposed to play an important part in revealing the 'insider information' to the readers:

"That is a dead end.

She thought there should be some kind of trick to that ability. She was under the impression that once she is done with unraveling and analyzing the ability, she would be able to come up with a counter-plan and deal with it one way or another with her own ability.

No matter what it is, it'd die if that wishes so. There is no thing or phenomenon that would be allowed to exist if it was denied by that."
This whole quote shows quite textually that he is something that would not be influenced by any form of causality, and such an existence would most likely be a type 1 abstract existence as well. It wasn't just her, even the Ruler of Space-time (that came to deal with him before running away in great panic) and the Great Yōkai and her group of big shots (that were about to conquer the universe where Yogiri was born, but quit everything to deal with the newborn 'vessel') have also mentioned similar things, so there's no reason to doubt what was told to us through Aoi.

The points that support the whole acausality type 5 and abstract existence thing aren't really as lacking as you make it out to be, though I'd appreciate your further input on the matter.

Last edited:
I would also like to mention that the wall that protected the Mani City from supernatural existences but let humans through (even if they were supernatural) considered Yogiri supernatural existence rather than a human. Aoi’s statements also come from her having a meta perspective on the world’s scrip, I think they’re pretty valid for the abstract existence, as Gemstic said.

As for the goddess, I think it should also be mentioned that her eyes were supposed to be a capable of seeing anything, including casuality and when Yogiri killed she saw absolutely nothing. No correlation whatsoever which confused her.

@Gemstic

I feel like with what you mentioned plus what I’ve considered for low 1-C is really enough, like, even if the author hinted at several other higher layers wouldn’t this rating be the most accurate for now? After all the true form pretty clearly transcends the sea which is considered a higher order conceptual dimension which encompasses the entire infinite multiverse.

I feel like with what you mentioned plus what I’ve considered for low 1-C is really enough, like, even if the author hinted at several other higher layers wouldn’t this rating be the most accurate for now? After all the true form pretty clearly transcends the sea which is considered a higher order conceptual dimension which encompasses the entire infinite multiverse.
Well, there should be no issue with raising the tier of the ID multiverse itself to Low 1-C, as the conceptual dimension is obviously infinite times greater than a Heavenly Record, aka universe, as it contains infinite such Heavenly Records. And as someone that is able to exist in such a dimension (due to being omnipresent), Yogiri's hax would naturally become 5-D in nature. Now, if he is able to end everything in existence, which would include the Low 1-C dimension, I don't see why he won't scale to Low 1-C himself. The only reason I haven't mentioned it so far, is because I expect him to jump several tiers when more revelations about his identity and the ID verse are made later on in the future. I simply thought to wait till then before changing his tier from 2-A.

Well, when the revelations are made it can simply be changed but this would be the most accurate we can get for now imo.

Well, when the revelations are made it can simply be changed but this would be the most accurate we can get for now imo.
I don't have any issue with it if you want the tier (of the verse and Yogiri) to be as accurate as possible with respect to the information we have been 'clearly' provided at this point.

More context? What kinda context? We’ve got a couple of direct statements of true form/ID having no casuality/being beyond it with type 4 acasuals and they could directly see casuality/interact with it.

Just being beyond Causality more than a Type 4 Acausal is not enough evidence for Type 5.

Looks like we need more evidence than what we have now. Well, he isn't called Alpha-Omega for nothing, so let's hope we're shown something in the future that would be enough to prove type 5 acausality.

Yeah, agreed with 2-A, Type 4 Acausal, Type 2 Abstract, and the other stuff. Tier 1, Type 5 Acausal and Type 1 Abstract would need some more evidence imo.

@Ionliosite

Tier 1:

The conceptual dimension that contains everything, including the infinite multiverse, should not need any more proof to be Low 1-C at least. A container can't hold infinite Xs (+ the void between each and everyone of them) if it isn't infinite times greater than a X. Such an obvious thing should not need any more evidence. So the ID verse is definitely Low 1-C, if not higher (depends on what information is revealed later on).
If you're mentioning your doubt about raising Yogiri's tier to Low 1-C, I can still understand your point.

Type 1 Abstract Existence:

Type 1 Abstract is not for the 'vessel' (Yogiri), it is for the True Form (the End of Everything). 'The End' is either a Type 1 Abstract Existence, or something else entirely (as 'it' doesn't fit the definition of a type 2 abstract existence). If you mean that you agree with the 'vessel' (named Yogiri) being a type 2 abstract existence, I think you're right.

I think concept type 2 is a complicate abilities also about low-1C its a tier 1 stuff that , to be fair we need the agreement from knowledge member staff to given for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back