• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
would Yogiri's instant death even kill him in the first place ?

For the purpose of the story, it would.

In actuality it wouldn't though.

And What I mean by, "For the purpose of the story", is that no matter who/what the character is, Yogiri is never going to flat out fail to kill someone in "Instant Death" (At least not until the very end, and this is also just my opinion).

Oh ik Yogiri would kill 682 if it took place in the verse

I was talking about like a more vsbattles type scenario

Just wonder what he would do after seeing something survive instant death lol

Hecc it might have to do with Ryoko telling Carol that they should never ever try to take Tomochika hostage.

Btw, these last two chapters showed some new abilities for Sion and Yogiri, so I'll probably make a CRT tomorrow or later when Chapter 101 comes up

That doesnt translate to AP. They are not pocket dimensions afaik

She is just messing with space and the laws of the world around her. If anything, its more like an ability related to Hax since it rejects anything that it tries to enter the mosaics via creating a space that operates under different laws of existence

So, important thing to discuss

You guys remember Kiyoko, right? The girl with a nuke

Apparently, the nuke can yield High 7-A results or something among those lines (Ive talked with Abyss about that)

So, theoretically, Ayaka would have been oneshot'd by the nuke since she is Low 7-B, but instead, lost some limbs and got bad injuries

So, either Ayaka is actually High 7-A or a Low 7-B stonewall due to the dragon scales, or the event was PIS/Outlier

What do you guys think?

She might be a stone wall due to the dragon scales imo now that you mention it but I would wait for some more input.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
So, important thing to discuss
You guys remember Kiyoko, right? The girl with a nuke

Apparently, the nuke can yield High 7-A results or something among those lines (Ive talked with Abyss about that)

So, theoretically, Ayaka would have been oneshot'd by the nuke since she is Low 7-B, but instead, lost some limbs and got bad injuries

So, either Ayaka is actually High 7-A or a Low 7-B stonewall due to the dragon scales, or the event was PIS/Outlier

What do you guys think?
Bumping this as the new chapter just got released

So, i just read LN side stories volume 2. Apparently kid yogiri have power that teenager yogiri not shown yet, and well it kinda like mind manipulation. I could be wrong though, i want to ask you guys opinion whether this is mind manipulation or not :

Yogiri wondered what he should do, then immediately came to a conclusion. When he looked around, he saw that someone
was watching him through camera. Now that he had noticed that, the rest was easy. He could tell that whoever was
watching was surprised when he suddenly turned to look back at them.
"I want to leave. Open the door."
If someone else had to open the door, then he would just ask them instead.
After a brief moment, the door opened. It really was quiet easy.

When Head Researcher Yukio Shiraishi arrived at the control room with security in tow, he found a scene of total chaos.
One of the employees had opened the door that sealed off the underground village. Not stopping there,
she had continued to open all the doors blocking ΑΩ’s progress along the way. It was unexplainable. A scenario where the staff went
mad and simply let ΑΩ out into the world was beyond anyone's imagining. They had no procedures for dealing with such a complication,
so all they could do was address the developments as they came.
A young woman was operating the console intently. Occasionally, they would hear ΑΩ’s voice, and she would do as he said,
like an idiot. The other staff member who had tried to stop her were lying on the ground around her.
"Can't we lock her out of the console somehow?" Yukio asked the other employees standing nearby.
"We could, but.. we can't. Anyone who tries to get in his way ends up like that! Would you take that risk?!"
"This was ΑΩ’s work?"
There were no external injuries on the collapsed employees, and the woman operating the consoles wasn't particularly
athletic looking, yet everyone around her was lying motionless on the floor. They were likely all dead.
"Yes. Anyone who even tried to stop her died the moment she looked at them!"
"That's impossible..."Yukio muttered in shock.
If ΑΩ was capable of that, there was no point in sealing it underground in the first place. Any time it wanted to leave, it could.

What do you guys think? Is this considered mind manipulation?

Very Very Strange.

Could be a whole host of things. From possession to social influencing/mind manipulation and semi-power bestowal.

Hmm, yes. Now that you say that, that kinda true huh? Since the girl herself seem unconscious and just Do what yogiri say.

I am curious, ID seems to have ppl who don't like it, sell me on reading it.

What are its good points? I am curious what the fans think of it.

Though not like i am gonna read it anytime soon, but wonder where the dislike for the series comes from.

AWLBA gets it cause its op, looks like the same thing here.

The recent web novel volume 11 chapter 4, I couldn’t get much info since it’s machine translated but one thing I got from there is that 12 Gods surrounded Yogiri and obviously they were killed. The place that they currently are in, is the “The Outside World”. Is that the world beyond the Sea of Nothingness?

I'll semi-quote what I said concerning my enjoyment of the series in 2019 when it was in its peak of being hated.

In terms of character, I wouldn't say Yogiri's uninteresting. Well, not exactly. His entire character revolves around the myth of ID. Which is the interesting part about him in my eyes.

It's like, often times in stories gods themselves don't have interesting personalities per-se, but the legend of their deeds and other characters' reaction to those legends are the interesting portion.
Like, we as readers know that nothing will ever top Instant Death, no matter how grand or great the obstacle. But characters in-story have no idea of this. And given that the verse was built to be crowded full of unforgivable assholes, it makes quite the amusing setting for our protagonist to be in.

I won't spoil it, but there are particularly very amusing reactions to Yogiri's power by the random and staple villains that show up throughout the story. And as the powers get more broken and ridiculous, the characters reacting get more overconfident, and thereby produce even more over the top, ridiculous, despaired, or amusing reactions.
Also...
His attitude towards Death is refreshing: Unlike other isekai MCs who hesitate to kill others but do so if needed (Most fall under this category). Yogiri's attitude towards the killing of others is cold. Even when he accidentally kills, he never broods over it, the most you'll get out of him is a "My bad.". While there are characters such as Ainz Ooal Gow who somewhat share this attitude a bit, unlike most of them who changed after being isekai'd, Yogiri has always had this attitude. Always absolutely confident that his ability is always working properly to alert him of killing intent. What if some kind of malfunction happens where he accidentally targets the wrong person because his sense for killing intent was off? This is something he never really thinks about. He only mentioned once something along the lines of "Sure, it's possible there's someone who won't die from my Instant Death; but there's no point in thinking about that too much"

It's also worth mentioning that Tomochika as a heroine is a breath of fresh air. She doesn't have any real qualms with Yogiri being this way, unlike a traditional heroine. The most you'll get out of her is a "Geez, you went a bit far." and this way of thinking is fully explored in the narration and dialogue between her, Mokomoko, and Yogiri.
Another reason she's unique is, she never falls in love with Yogiri and as far as I know they're both just friends; with no romantic tension and Yogiri only showing mild sexual interest in her, beyond her being his most trusted person in this foreign world.
She feels that she has no right to complain about how Yogiri uses his power, even if at times she thinks he is a bit too trigger happy. Especially in situations where she could have been hurt as well by whoever Yogiri killed, she feels just as responsible for their death as him. There's even been times where she's nudged Yogiri and went "Hey, aren't you gonna kill this guy?" speaking of people who weren't really life threatening and more-so just semi-hostile or seemed suspicious.
To me, her role in the story is semi-reminiscent of the in-deep mob wife role you see in mobster movies. Which is a role I enjoy quite a bit. To top it off; despite Yogiri being probably the most OP main character in isekai history (Relative to his verse); she's not completely useless.

I think I already told oblvion about it b4, it changes from the novel the way it’s worded. Waiting for V 11 to end to make a crt.

Back