• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Insert Character Name Here] in Silent Hill

So, as we all know, Silent Hill is a place where people's nightmares come to life. But the monsters and challenges that appear there will change depending on the person, like the personal demons they have, what trauma they've experienced, etc.

What do you think would happen if X character would suddenly appear in Silent Hill? What would they see? What would the monsters that appear there look like? Would they be able to overcome the challenges of Silent Hill, or will they remain trapped there forever?

For example, what would Wolverine see in Silent Hill? Would he be able escape? What would Guts see?

Discuss

Hum, not sure if you explained it right. Silent hill's monsters are a manifestation of the inner trauma/fear of the people who go to silent hill, usually as a metaphore, not directly (silent hill 2 is really really really good in that regard).

So my guess is that whatever those guys may see, wont be really predictable. For example, Luffy would probably see something Ace related, or, if we are to suppose he has an inner conflict, maybe his doubts about becoming the pirate king (Idk, monsters with crown-like appendages?).

Natsu Dragneel; he's probably see... a vehicle ƒÜù.

But seriously though the MCU's Tony Stark; probably the easiest to analyse if u ask me he's constantly plagued by paranoia and guilt both generally stemming from the same thing- his ego. So I'd say if he'd see any monsters they'd probably be some kind of twisted caricature of himself.

Rohan Kishibe. But then again is too arrogant and narcissistic to even have inner demon. So he will simply deny its existence in the first place.

Subaru Natsuki cause he hasn't already suffered enough, will now see the results of all his actions being futile, he dies and time resets thinking he saved everyone, he will now see his deepest fear that those timelines continue and he didn't save anyone, and everyone he loves is dead, and who is not dead will see his dead body like the time he committed suicide instantly after a certain person he loved got messed up and effectively removed from the story, and he will see his friends crying and saying why did he kill himself, when they thought everything was just beginning, in other timelines he will see the world literally getting destroyed cause a certain genocidal spirit decided to nuke the world since emilia is dead, luckily for subaru's sanity reinhard is there to one shot puck, but plenty of other timelines with which to mess with his sanity. He will become a broken man, nothing left of his sanity.

Zeref Dragneel; a personal favourite of mine. For this guy honestly it's more of a question of what doesn't he see; if I was going to choose 1 thing I'd definitely say he'd see himself- no caricature needed all his double will need to do is recite what a shitty life the dude has, and considering he borders on self loathing and his already fragile mental state he's very likely to just unravel.

@PTSOXMONKEY99 Welcome to re zero, just the tip of the iceberg, it's amazing his mind hasn't been shattered yet from all the suffering he has to go through, i mean the author literally likes to torture his characters, he used to think of ways to torture him while chopping meat during his butcher job.

He likes messing up his favorite characters, only character whose he hasn't really messed up yet is reinhard but of course cause he is reinhard, you can't mess with him, physically at least, there is a what if story where subaru goes full villain cause after dying 87 times to elsa he sees reinhard one shot her, and gets jealous, so he helps elsa escape, btw elsa is a psychotic murderer who is obsessed with peoples guts so yea.

Anyway later on subaru kills all emilia's opponents for being queen of the country, and tries taking out reinhard, but after trying thousands of times, and sacrificing all his allies, he can't do it no matter what dirty tricks or methods he uses, so what does he decide to do? Kill reinhard as a hero by literally lighting the whole country on fire, reinhard can't be everywhere at once so he fails as a hero, reinhard of course got pissed, which is unusual for reinhard cause no matter what he is usually always calm, but think you have seen my point, the author also released this story on subaru's birthday.

Pretty much, someone like felix well also be a perfect target, he is so attached to crusch that a removal of her from his life will leave him utterly mind broken. He lived the first 9 years of his life in a dark basement due to being a demi-human and his parents both being human, so they suspected an affair and locked him up. He lived in his own filth and waste and when he was found by crusch couldn't even speak cause he was so isolated, crusch rehabilitated him and to support her dressing manly he dresses feminine, so yea his greatest fear would be her being removed from his life, like in that same what if story where crusch got erased from existence and he literally was broken, all he could do was curl up in a ball on the ground and cry cause he didn't remember crusch but knows that a huge part of him was missing.

There is too much trauma and fear to be exploited i could go into details about other characters but you pretty much see the point, mental breakdowns, suffering, and tragedy all standard stuff in re zero.

You could if you want, not many ppl know re zero though, maybe i should create a thread like that later outlining all the stuff a character would have to go through to survive in re zero or at least retain their sanity.

Back