• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
And Rock's durability will allow him to tank quite a few hits before he realizes what's happening
This is the exact problem I was talking about, you people think Infinite is just going to punch him like a brute instead of just using perception manipulation or BFR, or anything else, meanwhile even while Mega Man wouldn't be able to move nor use half of his weapons he is going to use the right combinations of weapons and somehow be able to use equipment even though it's already a concession if he would even be able to use thought based weapons when Zavok could literally just stop his body from changing weapons itself, since his actual body still has to morph to switch, but no, Infinite is just a brute who punches while Mega Man has prep pretty much

This is one of the few times I am getting salty of a matchup

Pretty sure he can't spam his weapons forever, they have limited ammo,
W Tanks, and if optional equipment is allowed... ok, I forgot how they were called, but I'm talking about the things that extend the duration of his weapons
Plus you two are acting as if Mega Man will know exactly what to do if he gets controlled, as if he won't even be initially confused,
Of course he would be, but neither himself or Infinite can one-shot him, so is not an instant hopeless loss
It's based on Mega Man's own perception, so yes,
So once created they are independent from the Phantom Ruby? Because I recall all the copies that fought the resistance dissapearing once Eggman (Who had the OG Phantom Ruby) was defeated.

...that's how it went, right?
I still feel as if the opposite is reaching, hard, for a win con
I didn't give the intial push to get Sonic out of High 6-A to be accused of bias.

This is the exact problem I was talking about, you people think Infinite is just going to punch him like a brute instead of just using perception manipulation or BFR, or anything else, meanwhile even while Mega Man wouldn't be able to move nor use half of his weapons he is going to use the right combinations of weapons and somehow be able to use equipment even though it's already a concession if he would even be able to use thought based weapons when Zavok could literally just stop his body from changing weapons itself, since his actual body still has to morph to switch, but no, Infinite is just a brute who punches while Mega Man has prep pretty much

This is one of the few times I am getting salty of a matchup
His body doesn't need to morph tho. It changing colors is a side effect, and even that may very well be game mechanics
And you have to admit Rock is much more strategic than Infinite.
Plus why would Zavok's control prevent BFR

I don't think anyone said he was going to just punch Rock (even though that's exactly what he did against Sonic in their first fight), just that Rock isn't a ******* idiot and he actively tries to Predict and Analyze his opponents while fighting to use the most effective strategies possible.

W Tanks, and if optional equipment is allowed... ok, I forgot how they were called, but I'm talking about the things that extend the duration of his weapons
How would he use itens if he can't even control his own body
Of course he would be, but neither himself or Infinite can one-shot him, so is not an instant hopeless loss
Except he can, with hax
So once created they are independent from the Phantom Ruby? Because I recall all the copies that fought the resistance dissapearing once Eggman (Who had the OG Phantom Ruby) was defeated.

...that's how it went, right?
No, that's literally NOT what I said, don't put words in my mouth, we see in canon someone using time stop and the clones not disappearing from existence, there's no reason to assume they would now, they can still move because they have all the powers of the originals, simple as, everything else is headcanon
I didn't give the intial push to get Sonic out of High 6-A to be accused of bias.
Didn't say you were biased, but having your side make CRTs mid matches definitvely doesn't help your sides reputation and perception
His body doesn't need to morph tho. It changing colors is a side effect, and even that may very well be game mechanics
And you have to admit Rock is much more strategic than Infinite.
Plus why would Zavok's control prevent BFR
The old Classic "all my weaknesses are gameplay mechanics", even if someone thinks, their body still needs to process that thought, Zavok can simple stop that and make his body unable to switch weapons

Rock is more strategic but you guy are straight up self inserting into him and acting as if he has every knowelege about the situation that you guys have, way more than you are doing with Infinite who infinitly has the more favorable position in the fight here

Infinite is the one who had BFR, not Zavok, Mega Man can't dodge Null Space with Zavok here
I don't think anyone said he was going to just punch Rock (even though that's exactly what he did against Sonic in their first fight), just that Rock isn't a ******* idiot and he actively tries to Predict and Analyze his opponents while fighting to use the most effective strategies possible.
Except you guys aren't treating as if he is going to be straight up crippled here, and as if he knows everything about Infinite immeaditely and knows the perfect counters

If the Resistance to Magnetism is being put into question now, I'm retracting my vote until that becomes more clear.
(even though that's exactly what he did against Sonic in their first fight)
I believe Sonic was a special case. And I mean, even then he was using clones alongside himself. And it doesn't mitigate the fact that Infinite's first move on Shadow was to trap him in a... Was it a time loop or virtual reality? I forgot. So either way he's in a position where he isn't just a sitting duck.

Not voting yet though.

How would he use itens if he can't even control his own body

Except he can, with hax
No, that's literally NOT what I said, don't put words in my mouth, we see in canon someone using time stop and the clones not disappearing from existence, there's no reason to assume they would now, they can still move because they have all the powers of the originals, simple as, everything else is headcanon
Didn't say you were biased, but having your side make CRTs mid matches definitvely doesn't help your sides reputation and perception
The old Classic "all my weaknesses are gameplay mechanics", even if someone thinks, their body still needs to process that thought, Zavok can simple stop that and make his body unable to switch weapons

Rock is more strategic but you guy are straight up self inserting into him and acting as if he has every knowelege about the situation that you guys have, way more than you are doing with Infinite who infinitly has the more favorable position in the fight here

Infinite is the one who had BFR, not Zavok, Mega Man can't dodge Null Space with Zavok here
Except you guys aren't treating as if he is going to be straight up crippled here, and as if he knows everything about Infinite immeaditely and knows the perfect counters
oh
Why would Zavok's control prevent BFR was a typo. I meant why would Zavok's control prevent teleportation

Ok, so I been watching Infinite's cutscenes and boss fights, and aside of his first fight against Sonic and the endgame, he doesn't really abuse the clones that much and fights mostly using his own abilities (If you can really call them his own).

If "Zavok, GG" is legit (Still a bit iffy about it), then I guess it boils down to whether or not Infinite desides to bust out the clones before being knocked out.

iirc when Omega came back none of the Zavoks in his army decided to control him, so I think its real iffy if he would go straight into Zavok controlling, voting Incon

Ok, so I been watching Infinite's cutscenes and boss fights, and aside of his first fight against Sonic and the endgame, he doesn't really abuse the clones that much and fights mostly using his own abilities (If you can really call them his own).

If "Zavok, GG" is legit (Still a bit iffy about it), then I guess it boils down to whether or not Infinite desides to bust out the clones before being knocked out.
You ignored the context of the fights he didn't use clones, against Sonic in Mystic Jungle was because he was preparing to fight Silver (which in turn already was unexpected), who he did beat without them, Sonic was unexpected and he did use clones of himself, and he still won anyways, in Metropolis he did use clones (of himself, the big snake Infinite) against the army, he didn't use against the avatar because he was toying with them. In conclusion he uses clones more often than not
iirc when Omega came back none of the Zavoks in his army decided to control him, so I think its real iffy if he would go straight into Zavok controlling, voting Incon
Because there was no reason to, he immeaditely pulled out the Sun which was going to kill everyone anyways, you do have a valid point about why they didn't afterwards, but maybe they can't act that well without Infinite, or his loss of energy caused him to lose focus, or simply PIS

Last edited:
You ignored the context of the fights he didn't use clones, against Sonic in Mystic Jungle was because he was preparing to fight Silver (which in turn already was unexpected), who he did beat without them, Sonic was unexpected and he did use clones of himself, and he still won anyways, in Metropolis he did use clones (of himself, the big snake Infinite) against the army, he didn't use against the avatar because he was toying with them. In conclusion he uses clones more often than not
From what I can tell it seems like Infinite only used those specific clones for tasks that'd require numbers IE: Destroying that city at the start of the game, when the clones showed up to fight Sonic it seemed like they were already there from the beginning to help cause mayhem. At the end of the game, the resistance had a whole army to come fight him, so he went for his clones.

Using clones outside of himself for one on one fights does not seem like an opening move for him, since he didn't use any in all of his boss fights. I don't think it would be out of character for him to resort to Zavok if he realizes how potent his abilities are though, which is why I'm still keeping my Incon vote, either Mega Man ends up finishing off Infinite before he goes for Zavok, or it lasts long enough for him to pull out Zavok and control him

From what I can tell it seems like Infinite only used those specific clones for tasks that'd require numbers IE: Destroying that city at the start of the game, when the clones showed up to fight Sonic it seemed like they were already there from the beginning to help cause mayhem. At the end of the game, the resistance had a whole army to come fight him, so he went for his clones.

Using clones outside of himself for one on one fights does not seem like an opening move for him, since he didn't use any in all of his boss fights. I don't think it would be out of character for him to resort to Zavok if he realizes how potent his abilities are though, which is why I'm still keeping my Incon vote, either Mega Man ends up finishing off Infinite before he goes for Zavok, or it lasts long enough for him to pull out Zavok and control him
Yet more headcanon to downplay Infinite, the entire first paragraph is pure headcanon, nothing in the game says that Infinite only uses clones for tasks, this is all something you fabricated, you also completely ignored my reasoning on why he didn't use clones in the boss fights. Btw the clones were still around the world in the two first boss fights, they didn't just disappear, Infinite was fighting a war, not just one dude

Wait, I'm actually curious now. Can Zavok use his Magnetism on Paramagnetic Material? Because that's what Rock is made of, what with Ceratanium being a Ceramic (Diamagnetic) Titanium (Paramagnetic) Alloy, which means it's a mixture of both of those.

|monocoque titanium

Hmm...

"Monocoque (/ˈmɒnəˌkɒk, -ˌkoʊk/), also called structural skin, is a structural system in which loads are supported by an object's external skin, similar to an egg shell. The word monocoque is a French term for "single shell"."

So I guess it's not exactly the same as Mega Man.

Then again the scan shown says that Mega Man has magnetic joints, but I'm not sure if that's relevant.

Ok, so we had a conversation in discord, and figured out several things, like:
A) Ceratanium is described as paramagnetic
B) Magnet Man attracts it anyway
So basically, Magnet Man's magnets are strong AF, but that's not the point, as Rock has a natural magnetism resistance via the material he's made of.

First makes a CRT mid match to invalidate a win con without reasoning (aka links)
Now there's a Discord server about it

This doesn't look that good my man

I really doubt material even matters, Eggman robots are made of titanium who also is "paragmetic", plus Eggman never suggest to build with such material to counter the Deadly Six in all of Lost World, meaning it's not a big factor

This doesn't look that good my man

I really doubt material even matters, Eggman robots are made of titanium who also is "paragmetic", plus Eggman never suggest to build with such material to counter the Deadly Six in all of Lost World, meaning it's not a big factor
First of all, we didn't make an entire Discord Server just to debate this matchup, the server has been around for like a year now.

Second of all, it does matter because that seems to be Infinite's best wincon right now and it essentially just gets hard countered by Rock's Composition being even less Magnetic than Titanium, so bring something new to the table.

Second of all, it does matter because that seems to be Infinite's best wincon right now and it essentially just gets hard countered by Rock's Composition being even less Magnetic than Titanium, so bring something new to the table.
You... Completely ignored my second argument, huh? Re-read that before being so defensive about your Discord server

People are STILL ignoring the second part of my reply, I genuily getting mad about how much the opposite side has moved the goalpost about the "Rock resists an ability he does not", this is probably the tenth argument against it and it STILL doesn't work, you can't argue he is less magnetic so it doesn't work, since using this logic he STILL wouldn't be able to control Eggman's bots, you can't just create pseudo resistances

So out of curiosity can infinite get around timestop if megaman gets the chance to use it? Cause it looks like he doesn't resist any of Rock's hax

also Rock FRA

Back