• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Speed Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna read all that but did we come close to reaching a conclusion? Or was that just a never ending back and forth?

I think people also forget the likes of the Eaters who specifically have no concept of time as well as Mother Eater who is literally a higher dimensional entity. The RK who can fight the abstract SGDL on a daily basis, etc, etc.

I'm pretty sure the information for Digimon's speed is based off of: The Royal Knights, the Dark Area and the 'mons who were born without their own time.

Yeah I'm not getting how spacial distortions is a speed feat, let alone infinite or else those moving in space-warped techniques or areas would be getting pretty big boosts.

That said, like cal, im neutral here ae well and am just shedding light. Dont want any bigger part at all.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I think people also forget the likes of the Eaters who specifically have no concept of time as well as Mother Eater who is literally a higher dimensional entity. The RK who can fight the abstract SGDL on a daily basis, etc, etc.
This.

I thought this was made to discuss the standards themselves?

Why are we back to discussing DBH (and Digimon too, for some reason)?

I will post this as Ex contacted me. I want to cover all tracks of previous arguments. I also apologize for my outburst as well. No excuses for that tantrum. And if possible, can we use this as an example of what we want along with FFXlll. I stress that we need examples of what we want. We didn't do so last time and we see what happened. Now we know we should do so.

Infinite Speed and Immeasurable Digimon
"That actually implies "space" is present in the Dark Area, since it is a distorted space."
The space itself in the Dark Area is not distorted, the Dark Area is located in what can be considered a distorted space in Digital World. As for the Dark Area itself the space itself is corroded, an example is when Yatagaramon manifested Haguro in Digital World and this corroded the space around.

About the Dark Area being timeless is literally one of the most impossible things to disregard. Digimon World games are games whose time is something always mentioned, time is always moving having to wait for the time in-game floor so that events in the game occur (So much that in Re: Digitize it is necessary to wait a day before going to the final battle while waiting for Mirei to finish doing the Gospel Program). There are several mechanics in Digimon World that work only because the clock is ticking.

However in places like the Dark Area or the Infinite Mountain (the real one and not the copy made by GIGO) time simply does not exist. You can enter the Dark Area and if you leave it you will be at the same time in the Digital World because within the Dark Area there is no time. Look this, you will see that Taiga enters the Dark Area at 10:00 p.m. (Actually we stopped seeing the clock at 9:54 pm, but that's because if you enter a cutescene that lasted in-game the remaining 6 minutes) and when Taiga retuns still is 10:00 p.m. No time passed while Taiga was in the Dark Area (And about the Dark Area being really a Void of Nothingness, there's a lot of interesting information about it, but I'd rather leave to argue about it on a Blog because it's too much information).

And of course, when the Tamers enter the Dark Area in Digimon Heroes it is said as if time had stopped, exactly the sensation of what occurs in Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode.

Time stops, complete darkness and Dark Energy surrounds all of you now! It looks like everyone was somehow transported to the Dark Area.

Alphamon doesn't literally transcend space and time. The RKs use a Digital World that is beyond time in order to travel to other locations, as the OP explains.

Why is there always mention of Alphamon being that this is only one reason for this? All scans on this are on this Blog. The New Digital World is really a place where "Past", "Present" and "Future" coexist as part of the same world. It is not that the Digital World itself is transcendental to time, but that to move between the layers of the New Digital World even time has to be transcended.

The Alphamon scan is literally a mention of this happening. The Card used is from Booster 24 of HyperColosseum that happens right after Booster 23, which is where we see it directly. In the story of Pendulum X 3.0 Death-X-mon is in Skuld beginning to devour the entire New Digital World (and this also happens in Digimon D-Cyber) To save the New Digital World Alphamon and Ouryumon come out of the past and head to the future, transcending time to be able to move through space-time between layers. Alphamon has moved between the layers precisely because it can transcend space-time, and all Royal Knights perform the same feats because they constantly travel through the three layers (and the Yggdrasil Realm, which is outside the New Digitial World) to exterminate the X -Antibody Digimon.

The other feats we have of time being transcended/cross space-time are:

At least that's what I remember.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
And if possible, can we use this as an example of what we want along with FFXlll. I stress that we need examples of what we want. We didn't do so last time and we see what happened. Now we know we should do so.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

"And if possible, can we use this as an example of what we want along with FFXlll."

?????

I feel there are generally three types of voids we need to consider

Type 1: "Timeless" Voids: Voids that supposedly lack time but are completely contradicted to be such. Examples: The Void in League of Legends and the World of Void in Dragon Ball Super.

Type 2: Insubstantial Voids: Voids that have some properties of being timeless, but not enough to warrant Infinite speed, at least not most of the time. Example: The Demon Realm in Dragon Ball Heroes.

Type 3: "True" Voids: Voids that are stated to be timeless and are expressely shown to be such. They have many properties that would come with timelessness that this undeniable they would qualify for Infinite speed. Example: The Void Beyond in Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Type 1 is for voids that do not qualify for Infinite, Type 2 might depending on the context, and Type 3 almost certainly would.

That's how I view it anyway.

Voids are just alternate spaces. They shouldn't count unless undeniable like the Void Beyond.

It's the same as omnipresent. "Infinite while in the Demon Realm" is a far better decision than just assuming they can move infinitely everywhere period even in real time. Different realm with different laws do not scale to each other like that. It's why a character can be a faster swimmer than a runner, or be much faster in one place but far slower in another. If there is NO time, how can you assume they can do the same within time? Have you ever considered that?

Downgrades aren't necessary but split the speeds at least.

The Everlasting said:
I feel there are generally three types of voids we need to consider

Type 1: "Timeless" Voids: Voids that supposedly lack time but are completely contradicted to be such. Examples: The Void in League of Legends and the World of Void in Dragon Ball Super.

Type 2: Insubstantial Voids: Voids that have some properties of being timeless, but not enough to warrant Infinite speed, at least not most of the time. Example: The Demon Realm in Dragon Ball Heroes.

Type 3: "True" Voids: Voids that are stated to be timeless and are expressely shown to be such. They have many properties that would come with timelessness that this undeniable they would qualify for Infinite speed. Example: The Void Beyond in Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Type 1 is for voids that do not qualify for Infinite, Type 2 might depending on the context, and Type 3 almost certainly would.

That's how I view it anyway.
I know this a example but i do think you should take DBS out of Type 1 because how inconsistent it can be.

I agree with Sera and Ever.

However it should be note that Type 1 Voids wouldn't get infinite even within them, as they aren't truly timeless.

Also I'd add a stipulation to Type 2: the Voids can be consistently stated to be timeless but unless they function timelessly as well (an instant being an eternity, time being heavily distorted/losing all meaning, basically everything in FFXIII) must be backup up by supporting statements.

@Ever

It's the same as omnipresent. You can be omnipresent in one place but not eveyrwhere. Infinite speed is similar to omnipresence in that distance does not matter. It should be treated almost identically.

I remember a feat from the Dragon Ball Heroes manga where Trunks uses Time Stop on Mira, only for him to get out. Trunks then proceeds to say Mira has an incredible amount of speed and that's why he was able to get out or something like that. I don't remember it exactly, will try to dig that one up.

It still worked on him and Jiren did the same thing (more or less).

Pretty sure there's a difference between your speed being stated to be the reason why it doesn't work and just resisting it normally.

Anyway, I digress.

Kepekley23 said:
I remember a feat from the Dragon Ball Heroes manga where Trunks uses Time Stop on Mira, only for him to get out. Trunks then proceeds to say Mira has an incredible amount of speed and that's why he was able to get out or something like that. I don't remember it exactly, will try to dig that one up.
Trunks comments on Mira's speed by stating "so fast! In just an instant" which implies he broke out of the time stop by speed. Feat can be found here.

@Kepekley

I see. That is an infinite speed feat for sure. But one must he careful as not all feats such as this are the same. Speed has to be mentioned which, in this case it is so I'm fine with that.

I'm also strongly disagreeing with split speeds or "infinite only in X". Because let's say a vs battle comes and a character is fighting outside the place where they can move at infinite speeds? How will we determine their speeds?

I'd like to say what I think:

Type 1: Not even supporting evidence for infinite speed.

Type 2: Evidence, but requires supporting statements and feats for infinite speed.

Type 3: Sufficient evidence in and of itself in most cases.

Who cares? Speed is equalized 99% of the time. I wasn't even pushing for split speeds, I just threw it out there. I bet this argument wasn't even used for omnipresent being split in certain cases...ugh.

We are an indexing Wiki first and foremost, and what we list on profiles and accept as standard matters, Sera.

That's my point obviously their speed is unknown. This isn't new, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back