• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite speed for DBS characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ether

-Give him likely immeasurable speed.
-5d so complex multiversal level, to outeversal if you really wank the hell out of this (which i'm not doing).
-Immeasurable combat and reaction speed.

Gonna have to say that Elher, you completely ignored an entire segment of Jiren getting smacked around by Hits Time Skip. Also gonna have to say that your video conveniently doesn’t have the full fight, despite being title the Full Fight.

1) Bro yes he did he used it every 5 seconds. Stop it.

2) Did you not click my video? I specifically put it towards the time I wanted you to see.
Jiren was punching him and pushing him back then he used time skip and dodged. The technique I sent and the one you sent are 2 different techniques.

3) The aura around Hit's hand turned into the ball, that's why when he's rushing towards him the aura isn't around his hand then. And again.
How come Jiren didn't break out from the jump. How do you struggle with something you transcend?

Gonna have to say that Elher, you completely ignored an entire segment of Jiren getting smacked around by Hits Time Skip. Also gonna have to say that your video conveniently doesn’t have the full fight, despite being title the Full Fight.
Hit never smacked jiren it's the reverse, and hit never smacked jiren with time skip except once with 1 lucky blow with is intangible atk.
I think this video is better , but it's dub (For the time being I will find a better alternative for that vid)

1) Bro yes he did he used it every 5 seconds. Stop it.

2) Did you not click my video? I specifically put it towards the time I wanted you to see.
Jiren was punching him and pushing him back then he used time skip and dodged. The technique I sent and the one you sent are 2 different techniques.

3) The aura around Hit's hand turned into the ball, that's why when he's rushing towards him the aura isn't around his hand then. And again.
How come Jiren didn't break out from the jump. How do you struggle with something you transcend?
1) Jiren using time skip ? what ? dude wtf are you saying ?

2) How is that even relevant?

3) That's a lot of headcanon, the ball isn't tied to the cage of time itself , once more , jiren was already in the cage of time before the ball , your argument doesn't make anysense. Did you see the fight , didn't hit say he used is last atk ? and the cage of time is tied to ki and strengh ? so yeah again that argument doesn't work.

He transcends it with power not physically, I will explain , jiren himself as a 3d body , he's still affected by 3d things ( such as gravity, needing to sleep or maybe eat) , even if someone was higher dimensionally or had dimensional transcending power if their existence physically is only 3d then, it's only a power transcendental.

>5-D DBS

And just like that, you've lost me.
It was just a suggestion , and it isn't far from the truth after all , if he has power that transcends the dimension of time , this could suggest high or infinite 4d or reaching 5d , it isn't far fetched to suggest that and it would only scale to is AP.

1) When Hit fought Goku and Vegeta in the first tournament, he spammed time skip. We know it's timeskip in the tournament of power as well because Hit's God of Destruction flat out calls it time skip right here.

2) Because Jiren didn't move in those periods of time. Every time it was frozen, Hit could move while Jiren couldn't.

3) The cage of time is tied to the aura around Hit's hand shown here, then Hit turns it into a ball and rushes into it. If Jiren had inaccessible speed and power that transcended over time, his god of destruction wouldn't need to say "HIT MOVE".

I understand your point 100% about 3d physical but 4d+ power. I understand that 100%.
My point is that if he had infinite (like the OP suggests) or immeasurable (via your suggestion) speed via transcending time, he wouldn't be stuck in a freezing time technique.

Last edited:
1) When Jiren fought Goku and Vegeta in the first tournament, he spammed time skip. We know it's timeskip in the tournament of power as well because Hit's God of Destruction flat out calls it time skip right here.

2) Because Jiren didn't move in those periods of time. Every time it was frozen, Hit could move while Jiren couldn't.

3) The cage of time is tied to the aura around Hit's hand shown here, then Hit turns it into a ball and rushes into it. If Jiren had inaccessible speed and power that transcended over time, his god of destruction wouldn't need to say "HIT MOVE".

I understand your point 100% about 3d physical but 4d+ power. I understand that 100%.
My point is that if he had infinite (like the OP suggests) or immeasurable (via your suggestion) speed via transcending time, he wouldn't be stuck in a freezing time technique.
1) It's refering to hit not jiren , idk what you are trying to argue , it doesn't make any sense.

2) Were was he frozen ? time-skip or time cage ? https://imgur.com/account/favorites/9pDDleq and no , jiren isn't frozen.

3) Is the aura the ball? didn't hit say he cannot hold him with is power? The ball was used to try to finish jiren not to stop him from moving like you are trying to say That would simply mean belmod under estimated jiren and wouldn't change anything, since it's the same Belmond who was worried about the spirit bomb (or the other times that belmoud was worried) , so again your argument is not valid.

He could still have infinite speed , if he didn't move at all for a long period of time than your point would make sense but it's not the case here , and were does it say , that having infinite speed somehow would grand you time stop resistances?

Last edited:
1) It's refering to hit not jiren , idk what you are trying to argue.

2) Were was he frozen ? time-skip or time cage ? https://imgur.com/account/favorites/9pDDleq and no , jiren isn't frozen.

3) Is the aura the ball ? didn't hit say he cannot hold him with is power ? That would simply mean belmod under estimated jiren and wouldn't change anything , since it's the same belmod who was worried about the spirit bomb , so again your argument is not valid.

He could still have infinite speed , if he didn't move at all for a long period of time than your point would make sense but it's not the case here , and were does it say , that having infinite speed somehow would grand you time stop resistances?
1) @Brawl sorted that one out, my mistake. I gotta proofread more.

2) Your link isn't working, but I meant time skip. I don't wanna screenshot it because it would make no sense since a picture can't show someone is frozen, but yeah.

3) The aura around Hit's hand transformed into the ball. That's why when he rushed him, the ball was there and the aura around Hit's hand is gone.
Also, Hit just said he didn't have enough energy to hold him for the entire tournament (time stop).

My bad, I didn't clarify. I was arguing for time skip while you were arguing for time stop.

Obvious to one may not be the same to another person.

That's why it's obvious for some people that they have infinite/immeasurable speed while it's obvious to others that it isn't.

How Hit's power works is by storing time, not stopping it. Hit skips time by creating parallel time, which is why characters can see phantoms of him and anticipate his attacks. Therefore it doesn't take speed to overpower his Time Skip, it just takes strength, which is why Goku was able to break one of his pocket dimensions with a Kamehameha and the ability is only ever referred to as requiring physical power to overcome it. This is shown in the very first fight between Hit and Goku, where Hit's power becomes ineffective against SSB Kaioken to the point where the latter just walks through it.

His cage of time is no different (it's just trapping characters in a pocket dimension with Time Skip). Vados also never comments on Jiren's speed from this feat, just his power.

1) @Brawl sorted that one out, my mistake. I gotta proofread more.

2) Your link isn't working, but I meant time skip. I don't wanna screenshot it because it would make no sense since a picture can't show someone is frozen, but yeah.

3) The aura around Hit's hand transformed into the ball. That's why when he rushed him, the ball was there and the aura around Hit's hand is gone.
Also, Hit just said he didn't have enough energy to hold him for the entire tournament (time stop).

My bad, I didn't clarify. I was arguing for time skip while you were arguing for time stop.
1) ok

2) https://imgur.com/account/favorites/9pDDleq , he isn't frozen in the time skip and I'm not sure if time skip even works like that. Also didn't jiren literally hit him, if he was truly frozen like you are saying then he shouldn't be.

3) No, hit used the ball to finish him, in the video you gave, hit first used his hand with the aura , and then uses the ball to atk and try to finish of jiren. How is the ball necessarily related? and didn't he say he will finish him with this atk and doesn't enough power to try to hold jiren ? so why would the ball be?

How Hit's power works is by storing time, not stopping it. Hit skips time by creating parallel time, which is why characters can see phantoms of him and anticipate his attacks. Therefore it doesn't take speed to overpower his Time Skip, it just takes strength, which is why Goku was able to break one of his pocket dimensions with a Kamehameha and the ability is only ever referred to as requiring physical power to overcome it. This is shown in the very first fight between Hit and Goku, where Hit's power becomes ineffective against SSB Kaioken to the point where the latter just walks through it.

His cage of time is no different (it's just trapping characters in a pocket dimension with Time Skip). Vados also never comments on Jiren's speed from this feat, just his power.
Damn, you did not miss. Agreed.

The first part of your comment is true and I also agree (and already know that ) , however , jiren was moving , and movement is distance , time which equals to speed , this is both a strength and speed feat. Or say that , jiren amps his speed with is strength basically.

He was moving inside a different space-time, not frozen time, that was being projected onto him by overpowering it. There's no speed involved.

To be absolutely clear, Jiren is the thing skipped, so he's moving the cage and traveling towards Hit in normal space.

1) ok

2) https://imgur.com/account/favorites/9pDDleq , he isn't frozen in the time skip and I'm not sure if time skip even works like that. Also didn't jiren literally hit him, if he was truly frozen like you are saying then he shouldn't be.

3) No, hit used the ball to finish him, in the video you gave, hit first used his hand with the aura , and then uses the ball to atk and try to finish of jiren. How is the ball necessarily related? and didn't he say he will finish him with this atk and doesn't enough power to try to hold jiren ? so why would the ball be?
2) AsuraTheOneAndOnlyDebunkGod just explained time skip, so yeah.
When I sent it, I meant to say that when time was being skipped (not literally), Jiren couldn't move while Hit could.

3) In the video I sent, Hit throws the shockwave and froze Jiren, which caused the aura around his hand. The aura transformed into the ball which he tried to attack him with, then when the ball/aura was crushed, the technique was done.
He never said he didn't have enough power to hold Jiren, he said he couldn't do it for the remainder of the tournament.

My main point was about the initial time skip, then I was saying that the transcendance statement was pulled out of nowhere from Jiren destroying Hit's ball of energy which doesn't mean transcending time.

He was moving inside a different space-time, not frozen time, that was being projected onto him by overpowering it. There's no speed involved.
That is basiclly what hit tryed to do , he freezes people in time , https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Time_Prison . And yes if hit , is trying to freeze is opponent in time , and jiren moves , this would be imply speed , how can you it isn't ? movement and speed is the distance traveled with a certain amount of time.

They're not frozen in time. They're trapped in a continually projected pocket dimension of time. Also, look at my edit on that comment.

Again, to summarise, Jiren is moving the cage by simply walking. He's not moving inside the cage with infinite speed, just overpowering it.

2) AsuraTheOneAndOnlyDebunkGod just explained time skip, so yeah.
When I sent it, I meant to say that when time was being skipped (not literally), Jiren couldn't move while Hit could.

3) In the video I sent, Hit throws the shockwave and froze Jiren, which caused the aura around his hand. The aura transformed into the ball which he tried to attack him with, then when the ball/aura was crushed, the technique was done.
He never said he didn't have enough power to hold Jiren, he said he couldn't do it for the remainder of the tournament.

My main point was about the initial time skip, then I was saying that the transcendance statement was pulled out of nowhere from Jiren destroying Hit's ball of energy which doesn't mean transcending time.
2) ok , he didn't you see the gift, while hit was using time-skip jiren moves, and its jiren how is he not moving? also didn't he just explain that hit goes into another parallel word?

3) I see what you mean with the aura, but if hit couldn't hold him for that period of time , couldn't jiren simply hold there until it rounds out and hit would never be able to totally freeze jiren's movement (he could stop HIT's atk with a glare ).

I know what you are trying to say, but what it is implied and stated is that he can overcome hit's time-manipulating abilities because he transcends time which makes sense.

Last edited:
They're not frozen in time. They're trapped in a continually projected pocket dimension of time. Also, look at my edit on that comment.

Again, to summarise, Jiren is moving the cage by simply walking. He's not moving inside the cage with infinite speed, just overpowering it.
They are trapped in hit's pocket dimension and it's uses stored time to freeze the opponent in time. You make no sense , moving the cage? the cage itself was shown to be like a dimension and it sounds a lot headcanon. How is he not moving inside when he's trapped in the hit's time freeze ability? (or the freeze time affects the body not necessarily a different pocket dimension?)

If it's normal time stop (we do know he can time stop) , then what hit is doing is freezing in time.

Last edited:
The cage is being projected around him to trap him in place (the ability is literally stated to be time skip used constantly on Jiren, meaning it's not time-stop). So yes, he's moving the cage. Saying otherwise is actually the headcanon here, and the time inside his dimension isn't frozen in any way.

I will close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back