• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS discussion thread 2

I'm not even sure we should be using storms anymore with how inconsistent they are on this site

I'm going to be on self imposed ban until December 25th, just letting you guys know

Get Pray Meyer vs Cole done while Im gone if he becomes High 7A :D

See ya

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Here's this old ass discussion post I made about my feelings with the morality system of inFamous

About Cole's aspects:

For either one:

Time. Cole, regardless of his karma alliance, is all about taking his life into his own hands. He chose to stop running from his problems at the end of inFamous 1, and face them head on. Like Zeke said to Cole towards the end of inF2: "The way I see it, there's basically two types of people. Most of them are guys like me, guys who sit on the couch. We might not like the shit that happens to us, but we deal with it... then there's guys like you."

Doom. Cole has suffered a lot throughout his journey. And while this has left him a broken shell of his former self at times, it's also given him a level of maturity and awareness that he never had before. Even Evil Cole could sympathize with Nix and the citizens of Flood Town because he knows what it's like to have everything taken away from you. And why they would want to regress into themselves or lash out at the world. As Cole puts it at the beginning of the second game: "I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed, but those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices... no matter what the cost."

Will get to good and evil later, it's late and the post is getting a little long.
Not to sound pushy, but you don't mind finishing this do you?

I gotchu:

For good Cole:

Hope: Good Cole fights for the little guy, even if it comes at a cost to himself. While his heroic escapades did not start off completely selfless (see my post about Cole's Heroes Journey), he really did eventually learn to put the greater good first, and himself second. It's like Cole said to Kessler after destroying the Ray Sphere: "It's not about what I want, or what I need. It's about keeping the people of this city safe. And I'm after I kill you, nobody is ever gonna threaten it again." Cole learned how to put others ahead of himself, instead of doing good in hopes that Trish will come back to him or that Moya will clear his name.

Life: Cole is all about trying to help others move forward alongside himself. He helped Kuo deal with her startling transformation into a Conduit, because he could emphasize with her plight, even if they have different origins. He helped her adjust, even if she would often lash out at him and eventually betray him. But even then, he went out of his way to understand her and comfort her in he last moments. Same for Nix. While at first he merely saw her as a loon, once he earned her trust and learn her backstory, he emphasized with her troubles with Bertrand and how her whole life was destroyed by the Ray Sphere. He actually bothered to get to know Nix instead of encouraging her adrenaline junkies ways. Don't even get me started on Zeke.

Evil Cole:

Rage: This kinda fits more with inF2 Cole than inF1 Cole, but the idea still works. Cole does not care for the rules of man, as he now views himself as more than a man. He's Conduit, not human. Anarchy and mayhem are environments where he thrives, as the lawless wasteland of Empire City molded him into the cold, cunning monster he became. He'll only play by the rules if they help him get what he wants faster, if not, he'll fly off the rails at the drop of a hat. Much like Nix, he came to love causing mayhem, because it gives him a chance to to what he wants with no restraint.

Heart: inF2 Cole especially, as he's only worried about himself. He'll sometimes help out people around him, but only if it benefits him the most, or as a side effect of his own selfish endeavors. Survival of the fittest is the only rule he follows, and he'll make sure there's no one left to threaten him at the top. He still cares about Zeke, Trish, Kuo, Nix etc, but not nearly as much as he cares about himself. He will always come first.

That's about all I got, though, there are a few that I think can be interchangeable (see my earlier post about Cole's Heroes Journey).

Although, if there are other aspects that I can give for both Coles, it would be:

Space: Both Cole's are always trying to find the big picture. Regardless of their mindsets, they are always trying to think of how theirs actions will work out in the long run.

Breathe: Both Coles have a major impact on both the people around them and the world at large. They leave an imprint everywhere they go and with every action they make.

Now that I think of it, there's a quote made by a certain Heart olayer that almost perfectly sums up Evil Cole. Give me a second.

The Wright Way said:
Now that I think of it, there's a quote made by a certain Heart player that almost perfectly sums up Evil Cole. Give me a second.
Here it is. From the time during inFAMOUS 1 where he still bothered to contemplate his actions and question his morality, to inFAMOUS 2, where he no longer cares.

Screenshot 20191127-183519 Chrome

Damn thats chilling. Perfectly describes Cole's transformation into the Beast. Its even more eerie for me, since I rewatched American Psycho recently and I'm seeing a lot of similarities between that quote and Patrick Batemans at the beginning of the movie.

Should we go back to discussing civilization profiles while we wait for that calc to get looked at?

I don't think so. It only got 9-A, and there's another method I can use to see if it can go higher.

We can list them as "Unknown" in the meantime. Since the other stats are pretty much decided. All we need to figure out is the layout of the profiles.

Yeah I remember that short series. It's where we got the resurrection feat.

Tbh, I kinda wish they went with this art style for the DC series. Looks a lot cleaner.

You know the more I think about it, it really confuses me why Cole has never fought a tank in the games. The closest thing there's been to a tank in the series so far are DUP APCs.

Cole destroyed an M2 Bradley in the comic and the Corrupted were shown to rip apart M1 Abrams with their bare hands in the Arms Race cutscene. I feel like they should've made the M1 Abrams like the Militia mini-boss (enemy with health).

He has a point about the nuke tbh. Can't really say anything to counter.

But there's also the fact that Cole, Kessler and co can causually standing within lightning strikes for several seconds, when even a brief millisecond of lightning brings in enough heat to match the surface of the sun.

So yeah the inFamous crews could handle being on Hot Ones if anything else

What are the actual temeprature levels in the area of a nuke? He should still have some level of resistance because the general area should still remain pretty damn hot - even if not even close to the absurd level it reaches for a mere instant.

He was within the nuke for its duration as well, so even if not 100,000,000 that's still extremely high seconds later

Back