• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS 2 Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Oh boy, time to finally get on with this.

So, as discussed on the previous thread the High 6C calc is now invalid. As such, we have had to rely on the Beast blowing up Empire city at the beginning instead, which is honestly really consistent with the previous games feats.

Now we have the following issue, multipliers, scans for this and ideas for scaling would be needed.

Hmm yes this thread is made of thread

Anyways, I kinda want to hear what PTSO thinks about the multipliers

Blast Cores are stated to multiply powers, Cole states that the Ray Sphere would make him twice as strong (though this is unreliable, considering Cole didn't really know much about the Ray Sphere when he said so), and Second Son blast cores are just kinda there

I'm kinda pressed for time atm, so I'm gonna copy-paste a quote I made earlier, will find scans when I get the chance:

We have multiple statements from trustworthy sources (Dr. Wolfe, Kessler, Moya) that every time a Conduit uses the Ray Sphere, he gets a power boost. Even the tiny explosion that Evil Cole got still boosted his energy reserves higher than what Good Cole with Blast Shards is capable of and it's noted by Cole and Kessler that he did receive a power boost. We have a 2x multiplier statement that we can use from Evil Cole, and its sort of backed up from the fact that everyone who knows about the Ray Sphere confirms that people get stronger with each use of it and that the exact same line is used in both karma routes.

The only contradictions come from Blast Cores and Core Relays, which, looking back at it now, probably don't scale all the way as they're only used to power devices like the Ray Sphere. Who knows how the First Son technology and Ray Field Energy interact to achieve the results they do.

Plus, let's look at it this way:

It took 30 tests with a prototype Ray Sphere to put normal human David on even grounds with EoG inFamous 1 Cole. It took 7 Blast Cores to boost a weakened Cole to The Beasts level. Clearly writers weren't doing math at this point, they just needed something to help push Cole along the story.

That's what it looks like unfortunately. Though I'm still open to any other suggestions.

Plus, he would still have a massive scaling chain via 7 blast cores, substation boosts, evolution, and the fact that John caused a city wide blast as a by product of transferring his powers.

The blast wasn't really city wide but yeah

In that case multipliers may just not be supported enough for it to work

Does the nuke calc work? If it does, we can probably get started right away.

When Cole MacGrath beats Delsin up in a fight we can scale them

For now they have absolutely no interaction nor comparison between them, in fact

Dear lord this downgrade validates the Augustine statement

I hate everything

Well we might as well just accept that.

Another thing, after thinking it over High regen I think should still be valid and applicable, like PTSO said. The Regenerationn only kicked in after John woke up, from there he rebuilt it just fine.

So either way, how many agreements are needed in order to get this done?

If all the supporters are on board we shouldn't have any issue

That said, I brought this up earlier but is there an actual reference for The Beast being twice as big as Bertrand? Both of them are about the same size from my understanding

Actually, at that, is there a citation for bertrand being 50 feet tall?

Edit: Cole says so directly I guess, but at the same time he says that as an offhand comment and I'm not sure Bertrand is actually that tall if you compare him to nearby buildings. Maybe I misremember his size, I could check

Ah

Yeah that'll about do it but I'm still not 100% sold on Cole's statement being a concrete measurement

And the edits are done

I want to get one more calc member to see that if its cool

From 7-C to 7-B to High 6-A to High 6-C to Low 6-B, then back to High 6-C and then down to 7-A

What a journey inFamous 2 has been through

High 7-A so I can make Homestuck vs inFAMOUS matches dammit. The Second Son cast is too haxed for them.

Seriously, inFAMOUS as a whole has been all over the map.

Yeah, High regen seems legit given all we've discussed.

Sorry if I haven't been too active on this BTW, Homestuck revisions have been keeping me busy.

Yeah we cool

This downgrade would almost be worth it if I somehow, someway, find a 7-A feat in Ward to scale the Triumvirate to

I mean as of now I couldn't even get them to Low 7-B but a man can dream on

Oh man, Berserk

I was trying so hard, so hard to find some way to tweak the calcs and get them to a higher tier but as of chapter 185 it's been naught but a no-go, and I've since only been blitzing through Worm and Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back