• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inconsistency On Death Note Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Light's profile his range goes only to planet level while Ryuk goes all the way to Universal. Both due to the Death Note. The Death Note profile itself does not provide an answer. This should be fixed. Changed to universal

I made the range "Unknown. At least Planetary" for Light, Ryuk and Death Note.

The "can kill people wherever they are" is a NLF and we shouldn't assume the Death Note's range to be greater than shown or more explicitly stated than a vague "anywhere." This was agreed upon by Antvasima in this thread.

I don't want to argue this too much (since you have WAY better things to do) but it just occurred to me that Shinigami used Death Notes to kill straight from their own realm.

Shouldn't that count as range? I won't argue it further than that

If the Death Note actually killed someone on Earth from the Shinigami Realm, then that should count as range yes.

It did. That's what Shinigami do, they do it all the time. I don't know what sort of range that would account for but it must be something other than planet level.

I'll ask other staff members later today. Or they can reply here if they want.

I don't remember a Shinigami using the Death Note in their realm, so which Shinigami did it?.

Gelus, he saved Misa from being killed while he was watching her from the Shinigami Realm.

Also while Ryuk was talking about the Shinigami Realm you see a Shinigami writing in his Death Note during the flashback with the others laughing at him for 'working too hard'.

@Poinciana1971 That I remember, in the anime few Shinigami were seen coming to the human world and the whole job of the shinigami is to reap lives, assuming that. We come to the conclusion that almost all shinigami kill from their own realm.

I think using the Death Note from the Shinigami realm would probably constitute Multi-Universal range (except the realm is treated more like a small pocket universe connected to earth than its own universe).

Actually death note does have a big range, I remember Ryuk was being mocked as he had dropped it on earth. Shinigami perform their duties from their realm.

@Dark Apparently Ant and DT disagree with treating Shinigami Realm as a universe.

It would be Multi-Universal not Universal range, if it is accepted to be a different universe.

I didn't want to imply that the shinigami realm isn't a different universe.

I just mentioned the possibility, because I am not completly sure that it is one either.

How are realms usually treated here? Or what properties does it need to be able to qualify as a different universe?

I also think that using it from another universe constitutes Multi-Universal range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back