• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: Our striking strength system has been updated

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

This is just a public notice that the naming conventions for our Striking Strength statistics have been updated to be the same as those for our Attack Potency and Durability statistics.

As such, if you, for example, see a page that says "Mountain level" in its striking strength section, do NOT change it to "Mountain Class" instead.

Also, massive thanks again to @Promestein , who is converting our striking strength sections with her mass-editing program. She is really awesome, so please give her your thanks for helping our wiki to turn much more coherent and better structured, if you wish.

11FE7C4259363452E933BA57BA87233ABAD9C9D2.png

Even if most of the blue collar work was done via a bot, but Prom did the brain work so that's still something that shouldn't be underestimated.

Disclaimer: I bring this up purely as a project for the distant future (AKA the Very Much Not Soon), given the work doing this and then the Key Moving thingy currently- I repeat- this is not an idea for an immediate project.

If a bot can replace "'Wall Class"', "'Wall Class+"', "'Small Building Class"', "'Small Building Class+"', etc... with "'Wall level"', "'Wall level+"', "'Small Building level"', "'Small Building level+"', etc...

Then could it also replace "'Subsonic"', "'Subsonic+"', "'Transonic"', "'Supersonic"', with {{Subsonic}}, {{Subsonic+}}, {{Transonic}}, {{Supersonic}} and make automatic Speed Tier tags?

Disclaimer: I bring this up purely as a project for the distant future (AKA the Very Much Not Soon), given the work doing this and then the Key Moving thingy currently- I repeat- this is not an idea for an immediate project.

If a bot can replace "'Wall Class"', "'Wall Class+"', "'Small Building Class"', "'Small Building Class+"', etc... with "'Wall level"', "'Wall level+"', "'Small Building level"', "'Small Building level+"', etc...

Then could it also replace "'Subsonic"', "'Subsonic+"', "'Transonic"', "'Supersonic"', with {{Subsonic}}, {{Subsonic+}}, {{Transonic}}, {{Supersonic}} and make automatic Speed Tier tags?
DontTalkDT actually wanted to put it up alongside the Tiering System Category revisions, but Speed as a whole was deemed too varied and more context-based than Tiers to warrant categories of its own. That and a couple other things.

DontTalkDT actually wanted to put it up alongside the Tiering System Category revisions, but Speed as a whole was deemed too varied and more context-based than Tiers to warrant categories of its own. That and a couple other things.
...Well, I acknowledge that as a fair concern, and can see the possible issues tagging speed levels would run into, such as someone with Supersonic Reactions being under the same category as someone with Supersonic Combat Speed, but Counterpoint:

Speed Equalized is the bane of my existence. (And being able to sort profiles by speed levels at all would still make finding similarly fast characters much easier)

...Well, I acknowledge that as a fair concern, and can see the possible issues tagging speed levels would run into, such as someone with Supersonic Reactions being under the same category as someone with Supersonic Combat Speed, but Counterpoint:

Speed Equalized is the bane of my existence. (And being able to sort profiles by speed levels at all would still make finding similarly fast characters much easier)
Yes, but you see, another counterpoint:

GUNS. WOE BE TO THE 2ND AMENDMENT.

Nice work Promestein, I have some pages I could update if tbe bot hasn't already covered them

Would the editing script affect sandboxes as well? I've got quite a few that use "class" so i wanna know if i should change it myself

Sandboxes and blogs probably do not need to be updated in this particular case.

Promestein isn't insane as far as I am aware. She is usually very sensible.

(I have latent mental illness though.)

Promestein isn't insane as far as I am aware. She is usually very sensible.

(I have latent mental illness though.)
"Insane" was meant as a compliment here tho LOL, like for example, "Messi going through Gvardiol and tearing past his defenses like that was insane".

Okay. That is good then. I apologise for the derailment.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but the thread is starting to derail, so yeah, let's try to stay on the topic of Striking Strength and as well as thanking/celebrating Prom for helping with the conversions of striking strength sections.

I'm sorry, but the thread is starting to derail, so yeah, let's try to stay on the topic of Striking Strength and as well as thanking/celebrating Prom for helping with the conversions of striking strength sections.
Strongly agreed. I will delete the derailing posts. This is not a football/soccer thread.

New guy who barely participates here. What's the reason for the change? I'm just curious about what the problem was & what was fixed.

New guy who barely participates here. What's the reason for the change? I'm just curious about what the problem was & what was fixed.
This was eventually going to happen, it's just a matter of when. This original system came from Polar-kun's very old Striking Strength system (the "Class" part), and all that was done to remedy it was some partial revisions in 2017, but I think it was lacking and didn't go all the way, as it was just much better to match the Striking Strength with Attack Potency values.

A lot of the other systems that he influenced/left just became flawed and outdated as time went on, given the arbitrary nature of his selection of values. The reason why the changes to fix the outdated parts were so slow to happen was that the wiki just didn't have time to do major projects left and right and apply the changes for many thousands of pages, and also risk breaking the structure.

But right now, the problem was simply that it was better to match the values of the Striking Strength system to the Attack Potency system. And the automated way of doing it was discovered, which is extremely convenient.

Last edited:
Back