• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: CRTs Creation Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to set a precise non-intuitive limit to extreme popularity, especially how popular a verse/setting/fiction is in this particular community.
That seems reasonable. Also like i stated earlier in the thread, verses that get new chapters/episodes on a weekly basis should be given more wiggle room. Monthly verses can probably get by fine with 3 crts, but this is not enough to update information every single week.

So would something like this be better?

A single verse shouldn't have more than three active content revisions threads running simultaneously, regardless of the perceived importance of the verse. If three content revision threads are already active for a verse, our community should prioritize concluding one of them before creating a new one.
  • Marvel and DC Comics are an exception to this rule because of the enormous quantity of story material produced within them. They are respectively allowed to have a maximum of six threads running simultaneously. We also make this type of exception for extremely popular verses such as Dragon Ball.
  • If a certain recent content revision thread is very clearly ill-considered and of poor quality, please ask a thread moderator or administrator to close it to provide room for more useful alternatives.
  • A discussion thread is considered as inactive if no replies have been posted to it for at least one month.

Yes this is perfect!

@Antvasima I have no issues with your draft currently except of giving an exceptions to "bigger/famous" verse as it contradicts the first line of rule.

It simply does not matter if it is a contradication to the main point of the rule itself. I still find it vague to give exceptions to bigger verses if last two points already help and give tools to maintain equality.

Also, Ziller, I am nowhere willing to discuss with you specifically, so if you are wishing to comment, please request a permission as your previous comments were simply stonewalling or repeating the same points over and over again.

It simply does not matter if it is a contradication to the main point of the rule itself. I still find it vague to give exceptions to bigger verses if last two points already help and give tools to maintain equality.
As me,ziller and arnold have stated mutliple times, equality is just not feasible with this rule. Some verses have different needs than others, just a fact

Alright, since this is a staff discussion now, y'all have no excuse. Will be deleting any non-staff comment that doesn't get permission to participate.

@Antvasima I have no issues with your draft currently except of giving an exceptions to "bigger/famous" verse as it contradicts the first line of rule.
So would something like this be better?

A single verse shouldn't have more than three active content revisions threads running simultaneously. If three content revision threads are already active for a verse, our community should prioritize concluding one of them before creating a new one.
  • Marvel and DC Comics are an exception to this rule because of the enormous quantity of story material produced within them. They are respectively allowed to have a maximum of six threads running simultaneously. We also make this type of exception for extremely popular verses such as Dragon Ball.
  • If a certain recent content revision thread is very clearly ill-considered and of poor quality, please ask a thread moderator or administrator to close it to provide room for more useful alternatives.
  • A discussion thread is considered as inactive if no replies have been posted to it for at least one month.
I have adjusted it. Is this better?

Probably our Discussion Rules page.

Would any of you be willing to handle it, @Dereck03 and @Just_a_Random_Butler ?
I reworded the suggestion a little to polish the sentence structure. Is this okay?
Up to three active Content Revision threads can be open for any verse. If three active content revision threads are in progress, the community must conclude one before creating a new one.
  • Marvel Comics and DC Comics are exempt from this rule to accommodate their continuous flow of large amounts of story material. Thus, they may have a maximum of six active threads open simultaneously. This exception also applies to extremely popular verses like Dragon Ball, to be granted on a case-by-case basis.
  • If a recent Content Revision thread is unambiguously ill-considered and of poor quality, please ask a thread moderator or administrator to close it to provide room for more alternatives.
  • Content Revision threads become inactive after remaining idle for at least one month.

I am not sure honestly, but given the limited amount of published material, more than 3 or 4 does not seem necessary.

Okay. No problem.

So should I close this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back