• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: CRTs Creation Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmortalDread

Call me Dread
Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
zf3Wbsl.jpg

Introduction​

To ensure everyone is informed and to prevent any further RvR reports, it is recommended to create an announcement thread regarding this issue.
The rule has been established for a few reasons, such as
  • Facilitating better management and scheduling for thread moderators and administrators.
  • Preventing potential spam and trolls.
  • Ensuring that all verses receive equal attention for a smoother evaluation process.

The policy​

A single verse shouldn't have more than 3 content revisions threads running simultaneously. If 3 are already running, one of them should be concluded before a new one is created.

The updated policy​

A single verse shouldn't have more than three active content revisions threads running simultaneously. If three content revision threads are already active for a verse, our community should prioritize concluding one of them before creating a new one.

• Marvel and DC Comics are an exception to this rule because of the enormous quantity of story material produced within them. They are respectively allowed to have a maximum of six threads running simultaneously. We also make this type of exception for extremely popular verses such as Dragon Ball.
  • If a certain recent content revision thread is very clearly ill-considered and of poor quality, please ask a thread moderator or administrator to close it to provide room for more useful alternatives.
  • A discussion thread is considered as inactive if no replies have been posted to it for at least one month.

Last edited:
(Thanks, I think the forum need a better thread styling for those ❤️ )

Hence, the rule has been established to avoid those!

There are many verses with a lot of CRTs and smaller verses got almost no attention for a further process which causes inequality in the evaluation!

zf3Wbsl.jpg

Introduction​

To ensure everyone is informed and to prevent any further RvR reports, it is recommended to create an announcement thread regarding this issue.
The rule has been established for a few reasons, such as
  • facilitating better management and scheduling for thread moderators,
  • preventing spam and trolls,
  • and ensuring all servers receive equal attention for a smoother evaluation process.

The policy​

I would like that, but there are topics that are completely abandoned and the staff does not give the deserved attention for the CRT to close, what to do about it? Go without making CRTs forever?

The concept of “losing attention to small verses” would not exist if members did not repeatedly spam CRTs for a particular verse indefinitely.

Unknown or mostly ignored. (even by thread moderator themselves)

There was a rule at the start of the forum move where you could only have a limited number of CRT's active at once but it stopped being enforced.

There was a rule at the start of the forum move where you could only have a limited number of CRT's active at once but it stopped being enforced.
This is per user, I assume.

Here it is per verse which somehow impossible to implement such feature.

Realistically depending on the size of the verse, it should be up to the members that are active/support it to coordinate crt's so there is only one active at any point in time. There isn't really any reason to have multiple crt's running at once for a verse and these should generally be coordinated via 'verse general' threads or via discords.

3 crts per verse seems reasonable for me irregardless of the size and popularity, to balance the same process of evaulating to other small verses.

I guess if the verse itself has different adaptations on it, it's probably okay to have more than 3 CRTs, right?
(Example: 1 for Minecraft, Minecraft: Story mode, Minecraft, Minecraft: Legends and Minecraft: Dungeons)

We should probably establish what a dead CRT is first before we discuss if they count

For me their CRT's that have bad points and have no chance of getting past so there just forgotten

If they actually have valid points I believe they should be bumped and finished, unless of course if OP is like inactive or banned

Well, problems might recurrently arise when several much less important very ill-considered or minor revisions for a verse that have not been closed by our staff are holding up genuinely important and well-researched revisions, or when the massive shared setting nature of verses such as Marvel Comics or DC Comics make them require far more regular maintenance than ones that only follow a single storyline by a single author.

As such, shouldn't we discuss how to solve these issues while avoiding spam in our staff forum before we create a public announcement thread?

I'm concerned that this may be difficult if threads aren't tagged.

Many users often don't tag, either out of negligence or other reasons.

Perhaps it would be appropriate to have some Staff Members to apply Verse &/or Character Tags to CRT they see that lack tags?

Yes, it is a major problem that so many of our members place very inaccurately worded tags in their threads instead of exactly following the current names of our verse pages in this regard.

It would be extremely appreciated if our discussion moderators and administrators correct this whenever they notice it.

Well, problems might recurrently arise when several much less important very ill-considered or minor revisions for a verse that have not been closed by our staff are holding up genuinely important and well-researched revisions, or when the massive shared setting nature of verses such as Marvel Comics or DC Comics make them require far more regular maintenance than ones that only follow a single storyline by a single author.

As such, shouldn't we discuss how to solve these issues while avoiding spam in our staff forum before we create a public announcement thread?
To address the issue of unequal attention given to certain verses, it is necessary for you, Ant, to specify which verses are considered “important” verse "unimportant."

The purpose of this rule is to ensure fairness and prevent disparities in the treatment of different verses.

Yes, it is a major problem that so many of our members place very inaccurately worded tags in their threads instead of exactly following the current names of our verse pages in this regard.
I meant that, IIRC, many often place no tags at all.
But the issue you mentioned is worth notice, too.
It would be extremely appreciated if our discussion moderators and administrators correct this whenever they notice it.
On this, I agree.

To address the issue of unequal attention given to certain verses, it is necessary for you, Ant, to specify which verses are considered “important” verse "unimportant."

The purpose of this rule is to ensure fairness and prevent disparities in the treatment of different verses.
I did not say that some verses are important and some unimportant. I said that some revision threads are comprehensive, significant, and well-researched, and some are very much not.

I also said that some settings are far more vast than others due to their shared nature, and as such may require more attention, so I am not sure exactly what approach we should take here.

Sensible and well-considered suggestions would be very appreciated.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @JustSomeWeirdo @Theglassman12 @Eficiente @DarkGrath @Moritzva @DemonGodMitchAubin @Duedate8898 @Planck69 @Armorchompy @CrimsonStarFallen @Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer @LordTracer @Emirp sumitpo @Lonkitt @LephyrTheRevanchist @Deagonx

I did not say that some verses are important and some unimportant. I said that some revision threads are comprehensive, significant, and well-researched, and some are very much not.

I also said that some settings are far more vast than others due to their shared nature, and as such may require more attention, so I am not sure exactly what approach we should take here.

Sensible and well-considered suggestions would be very appreciated.
There is this important issue to consider as well.

Ant, I understand your point, but what I want to emphasize is that there should be no differentiation between CRTs. We should not overlook the smaller verses. If everyone, including people and thread moderators, follows this principle, all CRTs will receive equal attention and evaluation process speed.

Moreover, this rule also applies to verses that have multiple versions. Each version should be allowed to have up to three CRTs limits.

Well, I meant more that there is a massive quantitative difference in all of the stories produced for Marvel Comics and DC Comics compared to those of Naruto and One-Punch Man, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back